• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

One day visit, Nov 2nd 2021 - crowds, Covid, help?

wendybird7

Mouseketeer
Hey guys! Used to be a poster on here but with life and other travel and the pandemic I haven’t been to DLP since summer 2017! I’m now planning a one day visit with my boyfriend (who hasn’t been to any Disneys EVER), and feeling a bit lost and confused…

Firstly I’m there during the All Saints holidays (never been at this time) - planning to go on Tuesday Nov 2nd, does anyone know what the crowds tend to be like? The opening times still aren’t up annoyingly, is it likely to be 9pm the park closes that week?

We will have our vaccine proof on the app from the UK, do we need any antigen tests or anything?

I have noticed that there seems to be a lot of refurb at the park and things missing…will my bf still have a good time? Is there enough to do? The lack of fast pass is making me nervous as I really do not want us queuing all day long!

Lastly, any recommendations for eating out? He is veggie so not sure what the best options would be?

and also is there anything new I should be sure not to miss, or things I can skip? THANK YOU!

It is a school holiday that week in France, so it will be 'busy' depending on how many people are allowed in. Because of this chances are likely the park being open till late. If you want to use fastpass, there is only the paid option now 8-15 euro per fastpass per person.

If you have 1 day and it is busy, you won't be able to do it all, for sure. The refurbishments are mainly in the Studios. The park is running like normal.

If you have been double jabbed and have the proof with you in the app, it should be fine to enter the park.

If your boyfriend likes themeparks and Disney, there is no reason to think he will not enjoy it. The good thing about him never been there before... he doesn't know what is missing (in entertainment for example) unless you tell him that he is missing out on something.

I am not a vegetarian or vegan, but all the menus are available on the DLP website.

Hey guys! Used to be a poster on here but with life and other travel and the pandemic I haven’t been to DLP since summer 2017! I’m now planning a one day visit with my boyfriend (who hasn’t been to any Disneys EVER), and feeling a bit lost and confused…

Firstly I’m there during the All Saints holidays (never been at this time) - planning to go on Tuesday Nov 2nd, does anyone know what the crowds tend to be like? The opening times still aren’t up annoyingly, is it likely to be 9pm the park closes that week?

We will have our vaccine proof on the app from the UK, do we need any antigen tests or anything?

I have noticed that there seems to be a lot of refurb at the park and things missing…will my bf still have a good time? Is there enough to do? The lack of fast pass is making me nervous as I really do not want us queuing all day long!

Lastly, any recommendations for eating out? He is veggie so not sure what the best options would be?

and also is there anything new I should be sure not to miss, or things I can skip? THANK YOU!

Well, Disneyland Park in Paris is a beautiful park. Are you planning on doing a single park or both? If you're doing both and are willing to pay for the fastpass you might actually do quite a lot. Of you are not planning on buying fastpass, I would stick with Disneyland Park only.

I would suggest you don't miss: Hyperspace Mountain and Big Thunder Mountain, I'm guessing he would probably like them and they are probably the best version of the rides at any Disney park in the world. And the rest just let it go with the flow, whatever you feel like riding BUT enjoying the time as well. Like I said, DLP is a beautiful park so just relax and enjoy it, that's the trick for a perfect day at any Disney park, specially when it is busy. If you expect to do too much on a single day... you'll probably end up frustrated.

I would make dinner and/or lunch reservations ASAP however, through the app. I would suggest "Captain Jack", as it has a very good environment, but I don't know if they have a vegan menu (even though they probably have some Vegan plates). Or you could always get a reservation at Agrabah Cafe or Plaza Gardens, those are "buffet" so there's usually something for everyone.

If either of you are a Marvel fan, you could try to snag a reservation for dinner at the Manhattan Restaurant in the New York: The Art of Marvel hotel. I went in my last visit and it was a great dinner, and a beautiful restaurant. :-)

If you only have 1 day, especially in high season, I wouldn't do a table service meal. In France it can easily take 1 - 2 hours.

If you only have 1 day, especially in high season, I wouldn't do a table service meal. In France it can easily take 1 - 2 hours.

In that you're right. Though I guess it depends on what kind of visit you like. I prefer to spend 1-2 hours having a nice meal away from crowds than to spend that same time on another line (by the time you have lunch you probably already have spent a good 3 hours queueing and walking, and if we're talking dinner, we'll, more than 6+ hours probably), even if I have 1 day only and specially if I'm going as a "couple trip". But that's up to each person tastes I guess. Heheh.

Yeah I don’t think we’ll do a table service meal til after the parks close, especially as we’ll be in Paris for a few days where we’ll be having lots of good meals. I’ve done the two parks in one day on a Saturday in the height of summer before, so I’m not too worried about doing both parks, and will probably just do a few hours at the studios in the morning. I don’t think I could bring myself to pay for fast pass, it’s such a rip. Thanks guys x

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter