One day, two parks?

DrPooh

Earning My Ears
Hi everyone! New member to the DIS boards but life-long Disney fan and traveler. Next April my DH and I have planned an 8-night baseball road trip to Tokyo to see as many Japanese League baseball games as possible. I've convinced him to spend one of our precious days at Tokyo Disneyland. :wizard:

I know this sounds like heresy, as I am sure we easily need to commit 3-4 days to see most of the parks. But, that's what we've got. Truth be told, we really want to do a general survey of the parks, get a feel for the themes, and hit some highlights. My thought was to open the day in Disneyland, spend the morning there, hop over to DisneySea for the afternoon and dinner, then back to Disneyland for the light parade. Overly ambitious, I'm sure. :rolleyes:

Anyway, my main question is this--I realize there is no one-day parkhopper. If I buy two one day passes, can I use one for Disneyland and the other for DisneySea on the same day or is there some way they can prevent that? I can't envision how they could if you hold two separate tickets. I guess I just figure they could come up with some way of making you spend at least two days at the resort. ;) I love Disney, but I also understand their business needs...

Oh, one other thing...I've noticed my Disney Reward Points don't seem to be valid at Tokyo Disney. I assume this is because it is a different bank that issues the credit cards in Japan...does anyone know if it is true that Reward Points can't be used? :confused:

Thanks for any input! We are looking forward to a busy and exciting day!

Amy

Anyway, my main question is this--I realize there is no one-day parkhopper. If I buy two one day passes, can I use one for Disneyland and the other for DisneySea on the same day

Yes; I've done this multiple times. Also, note that most weekdays there are lower-priced tickets for admission after 6 ("After 6 Passport") and that most weekends there are lower-priced tickets for admission after 3 ("Starlight Passport"), so you can plan your hopping to take advantage of this.

Thanks for the quick reply! My concern had been those finger-reading gadgets they have at the turnstiles at WDW...I didn't know if they alerted cast members that I'd already been in a park. Great! That's the answer I'd hoped for :thumbsup2

Thanks for the quick reply! My concern had been those finger-reading gadgets they have at the turnstiles at WDW...I didn't know if they alerted cast members that I'd already been in a park.

Actually, there are no finger-scanners in Tokyo (park re-entry requires a hand-stamp, just like in the old days at WDW).

Oh, one other thing...I've noticed my Disney Reward Points don't seem to be valid at Tokyo Disney. I assume this is because it is a different bank that issues the credit cards in Japan...does anyone know if it is true that Reward Points can't be used? :confused:
While I don't have a definitive answer, I suspect that Disney Reward Points can only be applied to Disney Parks owned and operated by Walt Disney Company. Tokyo Disney Resort is owned and operated by The Oriental Land Company, which has a license agreement with the Walt Disney Company.

FYI, there is some kind of arrangement through DVC, because I've met a cast member who used her DVC points for accommodation at TDR.

Oh, that's interesting...I sort of had some suspicions that TDL may not be operated by The Walt Disney Company, based on things like the funky pay-to-ride monorail and the complete lack of US-based guest information phone numbers and such. It seems the only way to get helpful info is to call Japan (or to check in here, of course :) )

My family is a DVC member, but my parents typically use up all of their points taking the grandkids to WDW a few times a year. I don't ever ask to use the points myself, and since we are really going to Japan for the baseball, it seems like it would be a waste to use them there anyway. But, it is interesting to know that those points do carry over. I just wish the Rewards Points did. I've got more than enough of those to cover two park passes for the day for both my DH and me, and still have some left over for dinner! Oh well, guess I just have to come up with some other excuse to use them in the US ;)

Thanks again to everyone who answered my post. Like I said, it can be challenging to find out about some of the details in regard to the resort. I am an obsessive travel-planner, so I am sure I will be hanging around with more questions before long. I feel like the more you know ahead of time, the more you can actually enjoy yourself once you are there because all of the little things have been ironed out. Safe travels everyone!

Amy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter