One-day trip - two questions

beynac

Earning My Ears
Greetings All,

We're heading to Orlando next month, primarily to visit family, but we'd like to spend one day at Magic Kingdom while we are there. I've done a bit of research, and this is clearly not the best "bang-for-your-buck" situation. The single-day ticket prices are a killer. Alas, this is our plan. Is it okay just to plan to buy tickets at the TTC once we arrive? Should I purchase them ahead of time to save a wait in a line? It looks like UT only offers 3-day tickets or more. Are there any options for any kind of discount for a one-day ticket? I'm assuming not, but just trying to see how we should go about doing this. We'll be at DTD early in the trip, so perhaps we can purchase tickets there?

Second question...I've read on this board that Mondays are typically crowded at MK since most want to start their week at this park. However, the week we are going to be down there, EMH are at MK on Sunday night. So...perhaps this particular Monday at MK would be a good way to go? We're flexible on which day we go there, but of course I'd like to avoid crowds as much as possible. Any opinions from the experts?

Thanks!

The single-day ticket prices are a killer.
Unfortunately, this is definitely true. I live in the Orlando area and I deal with this all the time when I have family and friends come down and want to do Disney for a day. If you have some money to spare and you think you'll be coming back to Disney and/or back to visit your family, then you might want to consider getting 10 day no expiration tickets. You'll pay much more initially (481.38 per ticket, vs 84.14 for a single day (both prices include tax)), however with the 10 day ticket you'll wind up paying $48 per day instead of $84.

The other thing you might consider is getting a ticket for Mickey's Not so Scary Halloween party instead. This is only about $55 for an adult and will let you into the park starting at 4PM and you can stay until the party is over (Midnight, I think, but someone will correct me if I'm wrong). You'll get the other benefits of the halloween party, plus lower crowds so you might be able to get more done in less time. If you guys are night owls that might be a good option for you.

That's only available on certain dates in September and October, so it would only work out if it was available on a day that you would be able to go. On the flip side, though, if you decide not to do the party, make sure that you go on a day when it is not offered... otherwise you'll be kicked out of the park at 7PM.

Is it okay just to plan to buy tickets at the TTC once we arrive? Should I purchase them ahead of time to save a wait in a line? It looks like UT only offers 3-day tickets or more. Are there any options for any kind of discount for a one-day ticket? I'm assuming not, but just trying to see how we should go about doing this. We'll be at DTD early in the trip, so perhaps we can purchase tickets there?

You can get the tickets at DTD or at the gate or from Disney online before you go, but the price will be the same no matter what (no one really offers any discount on one day tickets). Getting them at the gate shouldn't be a problem. There's rarely more than a 5 or 10 minute wait and often you can just walk up and buy a ticket.

Second question...I've read on this board that Mondays are typically crowded at MK since most want to start their week at this park. However, the week we are going to be down there, EMH are at MK on Sunday night. So...perhaps this particular Monday at MK would be a good way to go? We're flexible on which day we go there, but of course I'd like to avoid crowds as much as possible. Any opinions from the experts?

As you've seen, Mondays are busy at the MK, but it will be somewhat offset being the day after EMH, plus september is usually a reasonably low crowd time so you should be fine.

HTH,
Brett

BrettS is right there are very few discounts for a one day ticket. I believe there is a discount for military and their families. I'm not sure if this only applies to people currently in the military or also to vets. It might be worth looking into if you fall into one of those catagories.

Unfortunately, this is definitely true. I live in the Orlando area and I deal with this all the time when I have family and friends come down and want to do Disney for a day. If you have some money to spare and you think you'll be coming back to Disney and/or back to visit your family, then you might want to consider getting 10 day no expiration tickets. You'll pay much more initially (481.38 per ticket, vs 84.14 for a single day (both prices include tax)), however with the 10 day ticket you'll wind up paying $48 per day instead of $84.

The other thing you might consider is getting a ticket for Mickey's Not so Scary Halloween party instead. This is only about $55 for an adult and will let you into the park starting at 4PM and you can stay until the party is over (Midnight, I think, but someone will correct me if I'm wrong). You'll get the other benefits of the halloween party, plus lower crowds so you might be able to get more done in less time. If you guys are night owls that might be a good option for you.

That's only available on certain dates in September and October, so it would only work out if it was available on a day that you would be able to go. On the flip side, though, if you decide not to do the party, make sure that you go on a day when it is not offered... otherwise you'll be kicked out of the park at 7PM.

You can get the tickets at DTD or at the gate or from Disney online before you go, but the price will be the same no matter what (no one really offers any discount on one day tickets). Getting them at the gate shouldn't be a problem. There's rarely more than a 5 or 10 minute wait and often you can just walk up and buy a ticket.

As you've seen, Mondays are busy at the MK, but it will be somewhat offset being the day after EMH, plus september is usually a reasonably low crowd time so you should be fine.

HTH,
Brett

This is fantastic information. Thank you so much!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter