One day trip from Paris by train in Nov- any tips?

Embel

Mouseketeer
I am going to be in Paris with my family on Nov 10 and 11. We are going to take the train to Disneyland for one day.

We can't decide if we should go on Nov 10, which is much cheaper, or on the 11th, which is the first day of Christmas scheduling and more expensive.

Any tips, ideas, thoughts about a day trip, the trains, picking one of these days, etc. would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Unless you particularly wanted to be there for the start of Christmas then I'd recommend you go on Friday 10th. Saturdays are always busier than weekdays regardless of the season and with the 11th being Armistice Day, which is a public holiday in France, it will be a very busy weekend. You'll still see the Christmas decorations, it's just the Christmas schedule won't have started.

I was about to tell you to avoid Armistice Day (11th) too - we were there on that date once and it is without a doubt the busiest I have ever seen the parks. Queues were crazy. Without any hesitation, go on the 10th instead! Even though the official Christmas celebrations/events may not have started, the Christmas decor will be in place so you'll still get the feel of it.
I did a day trip from Paris in October 2015 (as a taster session for my non-Disney loving partner!) and the only negative thing about it that I wasn't prepared for was the extremely long wait for a train back into Paris when the parks closed (due to crowds), and how ridiculously busy the train was. We were knackered and it was an uncomfortable ride standing up, squashed into other people. We were utterly exhausted by the time we got back into Paris and I really wished that I had just stayed for a night at a Disney hotel.
I'd recommend leaving a little bit before closing time if you want to avoid this....or if you really want to see Illusions at closing time, at least now you know to brace yourself for the train crowds!

The main tip I have is to focus on Disneyland Parc itself there's more to do there depending on what you like. Although the studios has a nice show and Ratatouille. Definitely go on the 10th.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter