One Day Rental Car

Paflyers

Mouseketeer
I want to get a rental car for just one day while staying at Aulani. We want to have the car for visiting Pearl Harbor. Is there any other place near by in walking distance, by Aulani that we can get a one day rental car from? We are not staying on DVC Points and we really only have two days where we are going to explore and do site seeing stuff. So I don't want to get a rental car for the whole time when we probably wont use it and have to pay parking fees as well.. I already booked an all day excursion for the North Shore, however; transportation was provided and we will be picked up at the resort.

Check out DriveHui.com they have 4 vehicles at the golf course available for rent. I believe there is a mobile app you would download as well. Might be the most economical option.

I ended up going through Alamo. I went to enterprise and they wanted to charge me $162 for the day, the rental office closes at 4:00 PM so, I wouldn't be able to return it until the morning. Alamo also closes at 5:00 PM. however, since we are staying at Aulani, I opted for a 7am car return, and the fee for the rental was only $63. So I decided just to book my one day rental through Alamo to pick up at the counter at Aulani.

I ended up going through Alamo. I went to enterprise and they wanted to charge me $162 for the day, the rental office closes at 4:00 PM so, I wouldn't be able to return it until the morning. Alamo also closes at 5:00 PM. however, since we are staying at Aulani, I opted for a 7am car return, and the fee for the rental was only $63. So I decided just to book my one day rental through Alamo to pick up at the counter at Aulani.

If you’re picking the car up at 7am, you shouldn’t have to turn it back in until 7am the next day. Confirm this with Alamo. As a resort guest, I’ve also been told that Alamo rental cars can be returned to the valet outside of Alamo operating hours. You just tell them you’re returning a rental car and then you can pick up any paperwork the next time Alamo is open. Again, double check this information to make sure you are comfortable with your options if you decide to keep the rental past 5pm. I’d also take pictures of the car to verify that it doesn’t have damage when you leave it at the valet.

If you’re picking the car up at 7am, you shouldn’t have to turn it back in until 7am the next day. Confirm this with Alamo. As a resort guest, I’ve also been told that Alamo rental cars can be returned to the valet outside of Alamo operating hours. You just tell them you’re returning a rental car and then you can pick up any paperwork the next time Alamo is open. Again, double check this information to make sure you are comfortable with your options if you decide to keep the rental past 5pm. I’d also take pictures of the car to verify that it doesn’t have damage when you leave it at the valet.
I was just there and can confirm. You can pick up at 7am, and have until midnight to return it. After 5pm, you drop it with valet. They give you a receipt to verify that you did drop it off. Also - pro tip - if you're an APH you get one free day of rental car.

I was just there and can confirm. You can pick up at 7am, and have until midnight to return it. After 5pm, you drop it with valet. They give you a receipt to verify that you did drop it off. Also - pro tip - if you're an APH you get one free day of rental car.
Does it matter which APH you have,?

How much do you tip the valet to turn the car in for you? And I'm guessing you then don't have to pay the overnight parking fee?

wouldn't you save money by renting dvc points vs paying to rent a room directly with aulani? imo Aulani is a place you would want to have a car every day at

wouldn't you save money by renting dvc points vs paying to rent a room directly with aulani? imo Aulani is a place you would want to have a car every day at
Renting DVC points isn't that simple. You also generally have to book 7-11 months in advance, and many don't like the caveats of point rentals which usually includes full payment at time of booking, no refunds/changes, and no housekeeping during the stay.

I typically agree that a car is a must in Hawaii, especially at Aulani where the location is a bit isolated. But my opinion might change depending on what the OP's other plans are and how long they're there.

We rented a car through Alamo at Aulani because they were doing free one day rentals as part of their pool closure. We were going to have to pay for parking though, but they let us return the car at any hour, so we were able to return it at 11pm and not pay for overnight parking.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!