One Day Only-Our first tripon a Surrogacy Journey

KristenCarll

Mouseketeer
:yay: Good Morning everyone!!!! I hope you are all having a magical day!

My husband and I are going to be going on a journey to CA very soon(most likely March) for a surrogacy transfer. I will be a gestation surrogate for an incredible set of intended parents. Neither my husband nor I have ever been to CA, but any Disney lover knows that there is one place you MUST visit while there... Disneyland.

We will only have one day to spend between the two parks. We are hoping that it works out that we are able to get there a day early in order to have a full day in the park, before we transfer the next day for the surrogacy journey. I can't think of a more magical place to spend the day before something like.

This is where I need your help. Assuming we have a full day in the Parks, what are the MUST-DO rides, snacks we MUST eat, and anything else you can think of? I have started to research into the Maxpass and park hoppers, and we will indeed be purchasing it to maximize our time, as well as being able to get Photopass. We plan to take a trip Home(Disney World) early next year once the surrogacy journey is complete, but this day will just be for my husband and I which is incredibly exciting. Having been a Disney World loving family, I know nothing about Disneyland/California Adventures.

*Edited to ask: If we are able to fly in the day before we go to Disneyland, what are the advantages of staying at Disney hotel? Are there any? We would of course pay for the room, and not expect our intended parents to pay for us to arrive a day early.
Any help you can give us is going to be GREATLY appreciated!!! :love:

Last edited:
If we are able to fly in the day before we go to Disneyland, what are the advantages of staying at Disney hotel? Are there any?
The benefit is that you can enter one of the parks an hour earlier than the general public. That works out great if you are going to be up and ready at that time. You can get a lot of rides done that way. The park alternates depending on the day of the week.

This thread will give you lots of good information: A DLR Guide for WDW Vets. On site hotels give guests one hour early entry to each park (alternating parks each day). The GCH has an entry directly from the hotel into DCA.
Great thread on MP: www.disboards.com/threads/maxpass-fastpass-an-overview-and-some-strategy.3726246/.
Choosing a DLR hotel: www.disboards.com/threads/choosing-the-right-hotel-for-you.3656512/.
Food & Wine Festival at DCA: 3/1 - 4/23
These are all super helpful links! Thank you! :)

The benefit is that you can enter one of the parks an hour earlier than the general public. That works out great if you are going to be up and ready at that time. You can get a lot of rides done that way. The park alternates depending on the day of the week.
Hmm.. seeing how we will only be there for one day, this may be worth looking into. We love staying onsite at the World, so experiencing it here may work for us! :) Thank you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter