One Day in St. Petersburg or Two?

Well, I'm a mild voice of dissent in that I liked SPB less than the rest of the Baltic ports. You could spend a week there and not see anything though. I think the price difference between the 7 and 8 day would be a bigger factor. How much is it, and what can you do with that extra money?

We spent 2 1/2 days in Iceland and 2 days in Copenhagen on the way to our Baltic cruise. Either of those extras would have been worth more to me than one more day in SPB.

Fair enough Aggiedog. I am also thinking of a day layover in Iceland. We have been there done that with Copenhagen, so more interested in places we haven't been.

That was supposed to read "not see everything" Darn. Hopefully you got what I meant.

I love to travel, and we travel frequently. For me, it's always about how to spread my travel dollars out so we have great trips, but can do and go as much as possible.

I am glad you booked the two days in St Petersburg. We definitely used the two days to see as much as we could.

For fellow Dis’ers who sailed on the 2-night cruise, were there characters in Russian costumes for meet and greet on both nights? I wonder if we will miss that if taking an evening excursion on the first day. We missed characters in ethnic costumes on the Med cruise in 2013. Thanks!

Last edited:
Perfect you have decided on 2 days! you won't regret it!
About the tours, we always check for the better option for tours. And mostly that is with a local tour agent. With our last Baltic cruise we booked St. Petersburg, Berlin and Copenhagen via Anastasia travel. Katharina was amazing, she helped me with all my questions (and there were a lot). We opted to do a private tour in Russia. We don’t like to tour with a big group, I feel we waste too much time waiting for others.
The best part? Because we booked several tours with them, they gave us a discount. Always nice.

Perfect you have decided on 2 days! you won't regret it!
About the tours, we always check for the better option for tours. And mostly that is with a local tour agent. With our last Baltic cruise we booked St. Petersburg, Berlin and Copenhagen via Anastasia travel. Katharina was amazing, she helped me with all my questions (and there were a lot). We opted to do a private tour in Russia. We don’t like to tour with a big group, I feel we waste too much time waiting for others.
The best part? Because we booked several tours with them, they gave us a discount. Always nice.
Thanks much for the info. Indeed we are looking at them for St Peterburg! We found local to be much less and much more intimate on our Alaska cruise. THANK YOU for the advice. We are very exited.

Definitely two! We were there for 3 full days and it still wasn't enough. We booked independently with TJ Travel and they were amazing! Small, private group with a great guide. We did all the highlights and more. We were able to customize our itinerary to add a trip to a gorgeous subway station as well as the Faberge museum. They also arranged evening activities for us. The highlight was a home cooked meal with a local family at their home. It was a fun night - wonderful experience!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter