one day in Disney, where do you eat?

Lisa F

is a very wise woman
We have one day at Disney before our cruise (2 nights).

Thought it might be fun to see where YOU would choose to eat. Flight not booked yet but hoping to arrive earlyish thursday, have 1 day parkhoppers for Friday (might try to hit up all 4 parks, we'll see!) and staying at the Boardwalk.

I have some ideas but curious what others think!

Ohhhh 4 parks in one day is hardcore! :cheer2:
Breakfast part 1 at pongu pongu with a Lumpia (AK)
Breakfast part 2 brunch style at Les Halles eating all the things! Om nom nom
QS lunch at Japan pavilion for some peace
The France slush with grey goose vodka in it while dipping your feet briefly in the fountain (don't judge me)
Snack of naughty ice cream at ample hills
Sneaky margarita at Joe's on BW (watermelon of course)
Dinner seafood buffet at garden grove
Late snack of a cheeky Casey's hot dog while watching HEA and crying that you have to leave

It's the kid in me I would try to trick the girls into going to Sci-Fi they would pick Ohana.

If you arrive early enough I might would try for Beaches and Cream for lunch... which would be a nice way to start your trip... spend the day at the pool relaxing, then head to Disney Springs for dinner, Art Smith Homecoming, or Terralina might be a good choice for dinner, sorta comfort food... you can do a bit of walking around and last minute shopping...

I think that you could totally do all 4 parks.... Like a mission or something - like hitting all the mountains or coasters or thrill rides in each park... or hitting all the shows for a more low key approach... and eat QS in each Park... Breakfast, lunch, dinner, and dessert...

I had to dig around and find our plan when we had some friends and we did the 4 park in one day plan... Now be aware this is not for the faint of heart... and the park hours as well as extra magic hours have to work in your favor, fast passes added into the mix... it was and all day and into the night and early morning endeavor... and please be aware as well that this was several years ago...

Hollywood Studios - morning EMH - Rocking Roller Coaster, Tower of Terror, Star Wars, and Toy story mania, - had breakfast at Starring Rolls ( I am pretty sure that they have closed this location), we did not want anything to heavy just some pastries and juice...

On to

Animal Kingdom - Kilimanjaro Safari, Kali River, Dinosaur and the Safari and walked the trail... we went for lunch at Flame Tree BBQ

Next

Epcot - Soarin, Test Track, Spaceship earth, and Living with the land... We went to Katsura Grill for dinner... I do think that we went into a couple of the lands, Japan and China, France, and I know we did the American adventure...

Last stop of the Day

Magic Kingdom - late night hours till 12:00 am, plus EMH - till 2:00 am - Watched the parade and fireworks, Thunder and Space mountain, Pirates, Haunted Mansion, - because it was so late... the lines were pretty much walk on... and we were almost running from ride to ride - so everything else was just icing on the cake.... small world, peter pan, pooh, buzz lightyear, astro orbiter, tomorrowland speedway, I think we hit like Our last ride was Space mountain for the second time it was just before 2:00 am - For Dessert - Mickey ice cream bars, ---- we hit up Ray's for some burgers, it was proabaly around midnight or so by then...

We did not make it back to the resort until after 3:00 am, we had a water park day planned for the next day.... luckily... we were all so tired, we spent most of the time in the lazy river just floating along...

We also have done something like this with my parents... during Christmas time, to see just the shows and my parents favorite rides and holiday decorations, parade and fireworks... super low key day... Fast passes made it really easy... kept it simple... Started out a AK, Tusker house for Breakfast with the character.... my mom and dad loved it.... then rode the Safari (FP) then walked the trail, Lion King show, bugs life then I would check what was available for FP which determined our next park, until we got to MK for the end of our day... Which we had dinner ADR's at Crystal Palace, hit a couple of their favs... Pirates, HM, Peter Pan... and watched the parade and fireworks... We paid for upfront parking that day... We parked at MK and walked over to the Poly, from the transportation station and a bus to AK to start our day... and splurged on up front parking, which was totally worth the money... If you have little ones, or elderly folks with you at the end of the day it is so worth it...

One day, staying on the Boardwalk?
Flying Fish would allow allow me to relax and get home fast after eating dinner.

With only 1 day and trying to hit 4 parks, I would eat whatever was closest to me when I got hungry! There will be SO much food on the ship, I wouldn't really be thinking about food if I were commando park touring.

Thought it might be fun to see where YOU would choose to eat. Flight not booked yet but hoping to arrive earlyish thursday, have 1 day parkhoppers for Friday (might try to hit up all 4 parks, we'll see!) and staying at the Boardwalk.

Personally I’d do QS mobile order or a lounge as to not waste any time for your one day. Casey’s or Columbia harbor house for MK, HBD lounge or Woodys lunchbox in HS, Satuli Canteen or Nomad Lounge in AK, or you can snack around the world in Epcot and skip a formal dinner altogether.

It would depend on the group I was with, but I think I'd give California Grill a try if it were just me and my husband. But then get Beaches and Cream for dessert.

It would depend on the group I was with, but I think I'd give California Grill a try if it were just me and my husband. But then get Beaches and Cream for dessert.

That’s an hour and a half for dinner, plus a half hour to hour commute for desert. It’s a good plan but only if you aren’t looking to maximize your time in the parks.

Depends where we are
MK Liberty Tree Tavern
Epcot Chefs de France
AK Flame Tree BBQ
HS 50s Prime Time
DS Art Smiths
Grand Floridian Citricos
POLY Ohana
so many damm choices....lol

BOG lunch in MK because I like the roast beef sandwich, Satuli Canteen if I’m hungry in AK, anywhere in Epcot World Showcase (choza de margarita and tangerine cafe are favorites), HBD lounge and a beer at Baseline Taphouse in HS.

Only one day? I'd eat CS (not time consuming) and just enjoy one or more parks!

If your question is about meals in all 4 parks, as opposed to dream meal day.....

Hmmm, if I was going to try to hit all 4 parks:

1. Start off in MK
PPO Breakfast Reservation: BOG, just to snag a no fp ride on SDMT. Pre-order the meal. I would actually share 1 meal between 2 people, to save costs, time, and keep it light for room for all the other food.

2. Animal Kingdom:
Lunch: Quick Service Saut'lil Canteen - Quick service lunch allows for you to be flexible in your travel and eating time.

3. Epcot:
Snack- SO many options! I would pick something near whatever it is you want to do in Epcot as ride
OR if you time this right, you could eat an early dinner in Epcot before heading to HS.

4. End in Hollywood Studios for Slinky Dog at night and because it is closer to your hotel than AK would be (I like Pandora at night).
Dinner, if you didn't eat at Epoct... If Star Wars was open, I would try the quick service meal there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter