• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

One Day Enough

Tony M

Remember 1999
Is one day, Thursday June 30th(before July 4th weekend), enough to see Disneyland or am I kidding myself?
I am staying onsite(Paradise Pier) and had not planned multiple days at DL. I live in Florida and can see WDW if I need a fix but a family reunion brings me west coast for the first time in 30 years and since DL is doing their 50th I at least need to try to enjoy a daytrip to DL.
I am already planning on EXTREME crowds but what plan of attack is recommended?
I have kids(10 year old DS, 4 year old DD) and I want to share my 30 year old memories with them? Since DL is the only place to see Matterhorn that is probably first stop. DD likes Star Wars, Buzz and probably INDY so 2 of 3 is hoped. DD is a Disney Princess and loves them all and Mickey must be seen.
How many rides/attractions can you do in a day?
Is DL like WDW in that onsite guests can do the morning at the park and retreat for lunch/nap/pool time and then head back for a less crowded evening?

Thursday is an early entry day, so If you go right when it opens you can probably do Fantasyland, Indy, Splash, BTMRR, Buzz, by 1 or so, then lunch, swim, nap, and come back in the evening for POTC, HM, parade, Fantasmic. SInce you are only there one day, you might want to splurge on the Fantasmic dessert seating thing--spendy, but you can see Fantasmic and the fireworks in relative comfort. Don't eat in Disneyland; have brekkie before you leave the hotel and lunch when you come back.

Are you planning to go to DCA?

hadn't planned on DCA, But back to DL...
I have heard about the Fantasmic Dessert but I would rather spend that time doing everything else that everyone else is not doing because THEY are waiting or seeing Fantasmic. However I have to find the best place in DL to see Tink and the Fireworks. That is assuming that Tink still flies as part of the Fireworks. Your plan sounds great.

One thing you can do is get the "Unofficial guide to Disneyland". In it there are day plans to see everything you think you want to see and more. Check the library to see if they have a copy. They are pretty comprehensive and they have the guides for both Disneyland and DCA. :earsboy:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter