One day car rental vs. using Uber or Lyft

Euby

DIS Veteran
Have you ever rented a car for just one-day? I'm flying down to Disney this year and won't have a car. I'd like to go to the Disney Character Warehouse locations (Vineland Ave and International Drive), plus a make a run to Publix.

I went to rideguru.com and looked up the estimated rate for using Uber/Lyft to the locations and back again. Approximate grand total for all of the legs of the trip would be @ $55 (without tips). I then went on-line and checked Alamo rates for a car rental. It was @ $53 (all fees and taxes included).

According to the Disney site, "Pick up and return your National or Alamo rental car at the Car Care Center, located near Magic Kingdom park. Our convenient, complimentary shuttle makes it easy with door-to-door service from your Resort hotel to the Car Care Center."

Has anyone taken advantage of this service? Has anyone just rented a car for a few hours or a day?

I used the Alamo at the CCC when a car we rented at the airport broke down. The CCC shuttle worked pretty well, but they have limited hours. They don't exactly come "on demand" -- we had to schedule the pick up. It was a lot more time consuming than using Uber. If you're in the Boardwalk area, you can also rent from Alamo at the Dolphin. They have limited hours, too, and do not do a shuttle. When we stay at BWI, it's very convenient and I rent there frequently.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts