One day at Hollywood Studios... what's a MUST?

I would be there are RD, FP TSM and ride it standby, immediately go to RnR ride and then to ToT and ride. If I could get another FP by then I prob would for RnR. Then we would figure out which shows we want to see and scheudle them in. Probably LMA, VOTLMM, and B&the Beast. We would see VOTLMM first, then catch the first B&the Beast show, head to the first LMA show (usually 1pm). Then we would see Muppet Vision 3D (it's not to be missed in my book) and Star Tours (if open). Then we would have lunch at 50's prime time and chill for a while. Then ride GMR, then head to find some charecters. After that we would use our TSM FP secured at RD and then our RnR FP and then leave the park for the day.

4 was not too young for my DS who was 4 when he rode it the first time. There is a "chicken" elevator if he changes his mind. If the child is interested and is tall enough, take them is what I say. :thumbsup2 Believe it or not, he was more afraid of the HM than ToT. Show them videos of it on youtube, perhaps this will give you a good idea of whether or not they are interested. With an older brother, my DS was ready, willing and able.

Thanks. I'm guessing both mine might be too chicken, but we'll see when it's closer to the time. My youngest one might still be too short too, so then there won't be any question.

I'm SO bummed that Star Tours will be closed when we are there. My kids LOVE Star Wars and were looking forward to that. I guess it means we'll have to go again!:yay:

you should have no problem with one day. the biggest challenge is showtimes. get a schedule of shows as you go thru the gate. head straight for tsm for either a ride or a fastpass. (you know that it closes on august 16 right?) Then head for sunset blvd and the tot and rr. Once those three are done, you're set. Everything else is a breeze.

No one has mentioned one of the best, yet least known, attractions at DHS - the Citizens of Hollywood street performers. If you have a sense of humor, taking in one or more performances by the COH is a must - they are really funny and worth your time.

They appear on Hollywood and Sunset Boulevards from about 10am to 6pm daily. Performance times vary somewhat, but they appear on the hour or half hour and alternate with the High School Musical shows. If the HSM is ending, the COH will be along in just a few minutes. The COH normally will have 2-3 performances going on at the same time, so you'll have to choose who to go with. COH shows last about 25 minutes typically. If you have any questions about the daily schedule, just ask any Citizen.

If you don't have a sense of humor, keep on walking, but for everyone else seeing the Citizens of Hollywood is a must do during any DHS day. Take my word for it!

I'm quite interested in all these bits of advice as we've never hit Hollywood Studios before either. Everyone keeps mentioned ToT - do you think it's ok for younger kids? Mine are 4 and 6 and I was thinking they were too little to go on it, but is that not so?

TIA!

My oldest daughter was 6 when we took our 1st trip to WDW... I was able to talk her into riding ToT with me only once. She wouldn't do it again! My youngest daughter was 4 at the time and she was too small to ride... DH does not like any "free fall" type of ride, so he stayed with her.

No one has mentioned one of the best, yet least known, attractions at DHS - the Citizens of Hollywood street performers. If you have a sense of humor, taking in one or more performances by the COH is a must - they are really funny and worth your time.

They appear on Hollywood and Sunset Boulevards from about 10am to 6pm daily. Performance times vary somewhat, but they appear on the hour or half hour and alternate with the High School Musical shows. If the HSM is ending, the COH will be along in just a few minutes. The COH normally will have 2-3 performances going on at the same time, so you'll have to choose who to go with. COH shows last about 25 minutes typically. If you have any questions about the daily schedule, just ask any Citizen.

If you don't have a sense of humor, keep on walking, but for everyone else seeing the Citizens of Hollywood is a must do during any DHS day. Take my word for it!

Are these the same performers that walk before the parade (if they still do that)?

Our List:

1. Fantasmic!
2. Toy Story Mania!
3. Rock N Roller coaster
4. Tower or Terror
5. Star Tours
6. Indiana Jones
7. Lights, Motor, Action!
8. Animation Building for character meet/greet
9. Sci-Fi Dine-In Theater for basic hamburger/cheeseburgers, milkshakes, onion rings, fries.
10. Brown Derby for a nicer sit down meal.

Are these the same performers that walk before the parade (if they still do that)?

They don't "walk before the parade" but they almost always entertain the people waiting on Hollywood Blvd for the parade to start - from 2:30pm until just before the parade begins at 3pm.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter