One day at DLP, food options?

bear_mom

DIS Veteran
We (dh, 17 yr old dd, and myself) will have one day in DLP, likely March 31st.

We are WDW veterans and already prepared for it being a different experience and hopefully one day will be enough. We are only going to one park (not sure the actual name, not Studios).

Is it too much to do a sit down meal mid-afternoon? If not, where would you eat? Dd is slightly picky, she always can find something to eat. Seafood is the hardest.

Any other tips for a one day trip?

CynBeth

DIS Veteran
We loved Walt’s. They have a nice variety of food and were able to accommodate the family members with food allergies.

Karin1984

DIS Veteran
It's called Disneyland Park.
I wouldn't do sitdown meals with a 1 day trip, as the French take their time for sitdown meals.

I love Hakuna Matata, Toad Hall (although it sometimes is closed during the week in low season).
Other places my friends enjoy: Chalet de la Marionette, Cowboy Cookout Barbecue. I am not such a fan myself, but that's more because the menu doesn't appeal to me. Market House Deli in Main Street is good for cookies and snacks.
I usually advise against Hyperion in Videopolis, but I must admit I haven't tried it in such a long time, maybe they have improved. I am adding this, because their generic hamburger place in the Studios 'Restaurant en Coulisse' was also a no-go for me, but on our last trip it was the only thing open and I was pleasantly surprised. It's still your average themepark food, but it's not as bad as it once was.

If you would do a sit down meal, I would suggest a buffet as you can control better how long you will stay. I say do Agrabah Cafe for lunch (it's not open for dinner), it has a more interesting Middle Eastern menu, but for your kid they will also have also less adventurous stuff like fries and chicken.

To add, Walts have been closed for a long time without a mention when it will re-open.

As always, advice to WDW veterans / US Park goers: Keep your food expectations low!

Dreamsounds

Earning My Ears
I highly recommend the Lucky Nugget Saloon or Cowboy Cookout! The former has the best ribs I've ever had, something that shocked me the first time I was there.

Connect

Disney News and Updates

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR DAILY EMAIL
Subscribe and never miss out on Disney News, Deals and Updates.