One bottle vs two!!

av8erdunn

Earning My Ears
Rules say you can take two bottles of wine no larger than 750ml but what if I take one bottle that’s 1500ml. It’s the same amount as two 750ml but in one bottle. Any idea if this would be acceptable?

I wouldn't do it. It depends on the screener. There have been reports from people that have this allowed, but there have also been plenty of reports where it hasn't been allowed. I would stick with the wording of the policy to be safe and take two 750ml bottles.

The policy does not say ‘or equivalent’. It says two bottles no larger than 750ml. Screeners do not play math games.

Completely agree - odds are you'll get a screener who will smile, hand you a receipt and tell you to pick your bottle up at the end of the cruise. I've always had them err on the side of caution when in doubt.

Play it safe!

We’ve brought 1 liter bottles. And you cant tell unless you read the bottle. Was No problem for us. A lot of wines by us now as a standard are 1 liter. And bottle sizes look the same as 750. Glass thickness and shape makes a difference. 250ml is not that much more from mass. I think they focus on 2 bottles.

Now 1.5 would be noticable imo and a red flag.

Rules say you can take two bottles of wine no larger than 750ml but what if I take one bottle that’s 1500ml. It’s the same amount as two 750ml but in one bottle. Any idea if this would be acceptable?
I agree with everything said so far, probably won’t allow it, also remember you can reload your wine supply at each stop during the cruise.

We’ve brought 1 liter bottles. And you cant tell unless you read the bottle. Was No problem for us. A lot of wines by us now as a standard are 1 liter. And bottle sizes look the same as 750. Glass thickness and shape makes a difference. 250ml is not that much more from mass. I think they focus on 2 bottles.

Now 1.5 would be noticable imo and a red flag.
Interesting. Personally i think I'd be able to tell if a bottle is 1L vs 750mL but i guess the screeners aren't inclined to play that game? A boon for you, no big loss for DCL I guess.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter