One bedrooms

mom2rb

DIS Veteran
I know that my family is in the minority but we only get one bedrooms. It is just me and DH this trip, we are at BWV, Boardwalk view. I am awake in the living room, waiting for the coffee to finish. DH will probably sleep for another 2 hours. It is nice to be able to have somewhere to go and let him sleep late. In real life, I am a morning person that works nights and he is a night owl that starts work early.

We LOVE 1 bedrooms, and almost only stay there too (unless we're doing a 2 bedroom.) The only studios we've ever stayed at were at the Poly...because they don't have any 1 bedrooms. I love having the extra privacy/closed off bedroom area too. Really love Kidani and BLT , since they have the extra bathroom. I sure with our home BWV had the extra. Love the full kitchen/fridge, washer/dryer in room, etc. These are why we bought into DVC.

We love 1 bedrooms too for all the reasons mentioned. Can we afford a 1 bedroom all the time? That would be a big NO.

We have a trip planned in April, few days studio at BLT, few days in one bedroom AKL and few days in studio at BWV. We plan on doing parks while in studios and rest up while in one bedroom , ,drink lots of coffee and watch animals from our savanna view balcony.

Last edited:

There is a truism relating to many of those that usually get studios and then opt once to get a 1BR: once you do a 1BR, you can't go back to a studio.

Of course, for many, affordability can dictate otherwise, but having a larger room with living room and kitchen, washer/dryer, a king bed, a large bathroom, and usually a large closet is just so much better than a studio.

I think the 'minority' you speak of is larger than you may think. When it's just DW and I we get a 1 BR. I didn't buy DVC to sit in one little room. If that's what I wanted I would save the $$$ and stay at the POP or All Star resorts.

The one little room doesn't bother us so much,but it was having to sit on the bed or a plastic chair. Or back in the day, no "kitchen items" in the room. Or having to hike 12 miles every morning for coffee was getting old. Or packing a cooler and loading it with ice every day. So love making coffee in room, bagel in room, sitting on sofa.

I agree on 1 bedrooms! We have one kid, but even if we go on a grown-ups trip we like the space and the laundry. That said, for a short 2 day trip for FWF or just a get away I'll grab a studio if it's available b/c I'm not intending to cook or launder anything!

For a few nights, a studio is fine for 2 people.........but we go for almost 2 weeks at a time, and would likely wind up with one of us dead or injured in anything smaller than a 1 bdrm.
We NEED the room to put away all our clothes (I despise living out of suitcases), the big fridge with a real freezer (the entire thing of which we manage to fill every time), snacks & meals in room, separate TVs, somewhere to lounge in inclement weather (i.e., hurricanes), washer/dryer (pack less, no worries about spills, rain soaked clothes, etc), being able to keep out or store items like cosmetics, hairbrush, health items, shoes, condiments, etc.
We feel like tourists in a studio, and vacationers in a 1 bdrm :)

I think the 'minority' you speak of is larger than you may think. When it's just DW and I we get a 1 BR. I didn't buy DVC to sit in one little room. If that's what I wanted I would save the $$$ and stay at the POP or All Star resorts.

I know that at least we're part of it, and I think BillPA's right-the "minority's" not so small. DH and I are retired, empty-nesters. We always get a 1 BR for the two of us. DH says that studios are just glorified hotel rooms, that the true DVC experience is a 1 BR.

The only studio we stay in is OKW with two real queen beds (we each get one of them - we're old and have spent many nights together in a single bed). And that might be once a year at a max. Otherwise, it's usually a one bedroom villa for the two of us. I usually stay up later and get up earlier than Bill.

Add us to the list! We stayed 3 or 4 nights in a CCV studio when it was first open and were so happy to move to our 1 BR. DH was especially happy because he no longer had to make the trek to Roaring Fork to bring me breakfast while I got dressed!

I know that my family is in the minority but we only get one bedrooms. It is just me and DH this trip, we are at BWV, Boardwalk view. I am awake in the living room, waiting for the coffee to finish. DH will probably sleep for another 2 hours. It is nice to be able to have somewhere to go and let him sleep late. In real life, I am a morning person that works nights and he is a night owl that starts work early.
We are a family of three and prefer one bedroom. I don't really use the kitchen except to throw drinks and snacks in the fridge or use the washer and dryer ( I do enough laundry at home). WE tried a studio and it was too cramped for us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts