Once Upon a Fairy Tale -Heidelburg Haunts!

disneytraveler

<font color=purple>will the real celeb please step
Our first full day of touring was themed,Heidelburg Haunts. After a great breakfast buffet, we went took the bus to the castle. I thought i saw castles before in my travels but this one is huge! I am glad there is renovation work on part of it because the castle is remarkable.:goodvibes
100_0031.jpg

We had our group photo taken at the gate entrance.
100_0032.jpg
After the photo, we took a tour of the rooms inside the castle. There are alot of steps but if you were good walking shoes you will be ok. It is just inspiring seeing this caslte ruins. Even now it is still being used! Weddings are held there . There are 2 functions rooms and a chapel!

100_0040.jpg

Here is a picture i took from up on one of the higher floors!
100_0037.jpg

A beautiful view of the city below us!

We went into one of the halls where the ceiling was painted so beautiful!
100_0044.jpg

After the tour of the caslte, we had the rest of the afternoon until dinner on our own.We could go back to town with the bus or take the tram to the beer garden . There was some time for a river cruise to but you had to make sure of getting back in time. I opted to go with the bus so i could leave my camera in the room and clean up. I walked back to Haupte Str during the Hedielburg Festival! :wizard:

The festival must be a summer event. It is a huge street festival with vendors of all kinds and music to. There was wine and beer ,preztels and chestnuts sold! There were bands playing inbetween the smaller streets off of Haupte Str. There was one band i thought was great. I was not sure if it was a political rally band or a cultural band. They were a drum and flag group.
The flags were tossed back and forth while the drums played. They marched right by me as i waved to Jannae and Marc. It happened so fast i did not get a photo.

Haupte Str was getting very crowded as the day went on. So much as i thought i was a salmon going upstream.:rotfl:
Our dinner this night was at the Hotel Zum Ritter St George.

100_0007-1.jpg

I read about the hotel in various travel sites. It was built in 1592. Its a gable house and its very ornate and pretty. We had our wine reception and dinner here. We also met our first historical character ,Perkeo. He is very funny. Hmm there were a wine table at the festival that was titled ,Perkeo.

I ordered the vienerschnitzel for dinner. It was better than the one i had for lunch at one of cafes . After dinner, we went back to the hotel . Oh i should add, the festival was still going on in the evening and on during the night to.:rolleyes1 Very very crowded.

The whole day was fantastic!:wizard::goodvibes

Disneytraveler,
Thanks for sharing your wonderful pictures. I am glad you are enjoying your trip!

We are planning the same trip this summer in August. This will be our third ABD trip and we know it's busy and exciting for everyone involved. Are there and suggestions you can think of to enhance our free time?
We are looking forward to a new family destination!
Thanks!

:) Thanks for the nice post.
I did not have a chance to ride the river boats while i was there. That might be a nice thing to do. There is the Philosophers walk but it is rather long . It has nice views . :wizard: One of the oldest churches is in the center where you can walk up to the tower and have a view of the city. The steps are steep and narrow though.

You should have ride the river boat. It's awesome. i think you should plan it again otherwise you'll miss something good.:cool1:

I ordered the vienerschnitzel for dinner. It was better than the one i had for lunch at one of cafes . After dinner, we went back to the hotel . Oh i should add, the festival was still going on in the evening and on during the night to.:rolleyes1 Very very crowded.

The whole day was fantastic!:wizard::goodvibes

Actually it is spelled Wienerschnitzel. Wiener indicates something is from Vienna which is Wien in German.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!