Onboard Booking Question

seadooken

Got a Caribbean Soul I can Barely Control . . .
When you re-book on board, DCL gives you discounts and credits. My question is can you book on board and change the date/cruise later down the road and still get the same credits and discounts?

Right, usually you can... just be sure to double-check before you change it. See the link below for more onboard booking tips... :boat:

Yes, but understand that the price you pay for the new sailing date will probably have gone up since you booked onboard. Although the discount and onboard credit will still apply, the total cost continues to rise as the sailing date gets closer and more cabins are filled.

thomprod said:
Yes, but understand that the price you pay for the new sailing date will probably have gone up since you booked onboard. Although the discount and onboard credit will still apply, the total cost continues to rise as the sailing date gets closer and more cabins are filled.

Right on :thumbsup2 , that's why you should move it as soon as your new desired date opens up for booking. Now... if it was already open when you booked onboard and you're changing the date for some other reason, then you'll end up in this situation! :rolleyes:

Thanks for the great advice. I am sainling in 16 days and want to book an 11 day cruise in 2008, which is not available yet. Sounds like I need to lock in the discounts now and move the res when 2008 opens.

seadooken said:
Thanks for the great advice. I am sainling in 16 days and want to book an 11 day cruise in 2008, which is not available yet. Sounds like I need to lock in the discounts now and move the res when 2008 opens.
Chances are there won't be an 11 day cruise available in 2008 ... there might be (as a specialty cruise) but they are not available on a regular basis ... the standard cruise availability are 3 and 4 nights on the Wonder and 7 nights on the Magic, with the possibility of a 10 night holiday cruise in December.

seadooken said:

Yes, as a matter of fact I just did this today. I am on the 08/19 and booked a fake (phantom) date with the intentions of moving to 2008 when the rates come out hopefully later this year.

BTW...for those of you who don't know Danielle Clark is no longer the Sales Manager aboard the Magic. Jocelyn Robinson is now taking over, apparently she has been a Sales Manager with the Wonder.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter