"On this Day in Disney History" April 2020 Exercise Challenge

Twilight Sparkle

DIS Veteran
Welcome to the April 2020 exercise thread! This month we'll take a trip back in time to see what was happening "on this day" in the wonderful world of Disney.

If you’re returning, we’re excited to have you back! If you’re new, welcome to the team! Here’s how it works:

Each person chooses a time goal and posts minutes towards that goal as they exercise. You can post daily or just catch up when you can. You decide what movement counts towards your goal - which can be a nice round total for the month, a specific number that means something to you, or a calculation based on a target number of minutes per day.

Since April has 30 days, here are some common conversions:
15 minutes/day = 450
20 minutes/day = 600
30 minutes/day = 900
45 minutes/day = 1350
1 hour/day = 1800

One of the special motivations of our Disney challenge is color changing! Page one will be updated with individual and team color changes as we make more and more progress.

10% - Bravo Blue
25% - Outstanding Orange
50% - Persistent Purple
75% - Powerful Pink
90% - Remarkable Red
100% - Glorious Green

We’re officially starting this challenge on April 1st, but if you don’t find this thread until later in the month, you’re still welcome to join!! Just post your goal and I’ll add you to the list. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions and to check out old threads to see what’s been going on.

Participants:
Twilight Sparkle -3010/1800
sophy1996 -1190/1000

piglet1979 - 1001/900
BonnieF - 300/700
princessfionasmom - 1613/1600
PollyannaMom - 600/600
ljcrochet - 635/550
Elizabeth Smith - 930/850
bwvBound - 4984/3500

----------------------------------
Team Total - 14,263/11,500 124%

Last edited:

I'll receive my Watch's April Challenge tomorrow, 4/1, but am certain it won't be in 'minutes' as it was in March. Any chance I could join on 'percentage of my goal' rather than tracking minutes? If too much trouble, I can still post minutes they just won't contribute to my personal goal.

Love the theme, btw. I am now wondering how many Disney-related events have taken place in April? Following along to find out!

Oh, bother. pooh:

My Watch set the bar super high this month: 40,100 Active Calories. That works to 1335/day. For comparisons, my personal daily goal (not the challenge goal) is only 560/day and my March average was 1291/day. And y'all know how many minutes I had to be in active exercise to reach those numbers! (If you forgot, my daily average for March was 158 minutes of exercise.)

Darn Watch. Push! Push! Push! Nag, nag, nag. How hard does it think I can work? LOL

I'm heading outside to care for the 🐎🐎🐎 and mow the lawn. I'll noodle the goal while I'm out there and report back with my response to the April challenges.

I'll receive my Watch's April Challenge tomorrow, 4/1, but am certain it won't be in 'minutes' as it was in March. Any chance I could join on 'percentage of my goal' rather than tracking minutes? If too much trouble, I can still post minutes they just won't contribute to my personal goal.

Love the theme, btw. I am now wondering how many Disney-related events have taken place in April? Following along to find out!

If you want to do a percentage of goal, I could just list your minutes as 100 with each minute equal to 1 percent of your goal. Everyone in our group would know that you are working towards a larger goal, but this would be an easy way to convert that goal to minutes.

I only have 15 minutes to report so far, but I hope to get out and add to that as soon as I can get away from my computer!

15/1800

Let's kick April off with our first "On this Day" moment. (By the way, unless otherwise noted, all data will be taken from a website called This Day in Disney History) Without further ado . . .

On this day in Disney history, April 1st, 1956, Disneyland held its first Old Fashioned Easter Parade on Main Street USA.

The following image and info can be found on the D23 website:

With an active turn-of-the-century Main Street, U.S.A in 1956, it seemed natural to have an old-fashioned parade, just as small-town residents might have experienced in the day, and what better occasion than Easter? So when Easter fell on this day in 1956, Disneyland’s Director of Entertainment Tommy Walker produced a recreation of an Old-Fashioned Easter Parade. There were neither electronic sound systems nor prerecorded soundtracks at the time, and there were no Disney characters dancing down the parade route. This parade was as close to what occurred on Main Streets 50 years earlier. The impressive display of turn-of-the-century vehicles traveling up and down the parade route was thanks to the participation of the Horseless Carriage Club. There was also an accent on Easter fashion, ladies dressed to the hilt and most wore Easter bonnets with celebratory frills.

Worked out indoors today. Spent most of the day laying around with a headache but that finally subsided and I was able to get some Peloton app works in, did some dancing, weights and abs.

79/1200

I have you down for 1600 based on your previous post, but if you changed your mind, I can edit your goal. Just let me know. Glad your headache is better!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!