On the Wonder Now... Some news

TheBeadPirate

Button Maker Magician & Blinkie toting Sherpa
A few things to share..

We met the Dreams Remmy Sommelier (Alex) this trip. He is shadowing Ross and learning the Disneyway. He is a very nice and as you would expect very well versed in the French wines.

We heard from Officer Joseph that Officer Pierre is over in Germany with the Dream team and that they all had a very special dinner to kick off the work. (those of you who know Pierre know that it takes a lot to impress him).

Those of you who know and Love Yelena (really Jelena) from the Magic and the Wonder (more recently) will be trading her bar uniforms for one of the white suits on the Dream (I am beginning to think we should stop writing letters at the end of each trip highlighting the staff exelence... Disney takes these seriously and promotes all of the high performers!) :rotfl2:

We booked another Wonder trip in a few weeks (11/7) onboard... love the FLA rates you know...

Have I been spacing out or what... When did they put up that 100'+ tall "Palm Tree" (really an antenna I think) on Castaway?... We were sitting in Palo last evening and I swear you can see that thing from 10 miles away. I think Disney may now own the largest landmark in the Bahamas :rotfl:

More later.... as has been the case for the last 9 months lot's of folks earning thier ears onboard.... almost all of the folks who will be on the Dream are getting a short vacation before they go bring us our new toy... (missing Stanni, Julia, and Nortel this trip :sad2:) so we will see them on the Dream Maiden voyage!

Off to Palo Brunch!

We leave on the Wonder tomorrow, Thurs (when you return). Can you tell me what the movies are and what kind of halloween activities they are doing? We are all very excited for our FIRST cruise on DCL.
Thanks

Those of you who know and Love Yelena (really Jelena) from the Magic and the Wonder (more recently) will be trading her bar uniforms for one of the white suits on the Dream (I am beginning to think we should stop writing letters at the end of each trip highlighting the staff exelence... Disney takes these seriously and promotes all of the high performers!)
Does she currently work in the Cove Cafe on the Wonder?

Have I been spacing out or what... When did they put up that 100'+ tall "Palm Tree" (really an antenna I think) on Castaway?... We were sitting in Palo last evening and I swear you can see that thing from 10 miles away. I think Disney may now own the largest landmark in the Bahamas
I thought I was the only person to notice. It's HUGE!! :cutie:

Ginny

We leave on the Wonder tomorrow, Thurs (when you return). Can you tell me what the movies are and what kind of halloween activities they are doing? We are all very excited for our FIRST cruise on DCL.
Thanks
I'm missing one Navigator that I think I already packed. But here's the ones on the others.

Movies:
The Sorcerer's Apprentice
Oceans
Toy Story 3
Secratariat
Prince of Persia
You Again

Night 2 was Halloween. There's a trick or treat trail from 4-5pm. There's a flyer in your room with the locations. Also a dance party on deck for the kiddos. For adults there's a Costume contest in Wavebands on the same night @ 11pm.

Does she currently work in the Cove Cafe on the Wonder?

I thought I was the only person to notice. It's HUGE!! :cutie:

Ginny

Yelena is currently in Promenade Lounge, after that I believe Diversions is next on the rotation.

I posted a picture of that large palm tree on the Picture of the Day thread after our Labor Day cruise. It went up sometime between March 2010 and early September 2010.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2203622&page=181

It's quite hideous, but at least you don't really notice it when on the island itself.

We were on the May 23 cruise this year and it wasn't there then. So it had to be sometime this summer.

Thanks!

We are also on the Nov 7th Cruise and love FLA rates!!! Come say hi on our Meet thread!

We just posted. Thanks! Is there an FE exchange or did we miss the cut off? :cutie:

Loripirate:

Those of you who know and Love Yelena (really Jelena) from the Magic and the Wonder (more recently) will be trading her bar uniforms for one of the white suits on the Dream (I am beginning to think we should stop writing letters at the end of each trip highlighting the staff exelence... Disney takes these seriously and promotes all of the high performers!) :rotfl2:

I love Yelena! Can't wait to see her on the Dream!

Hi Lori! I can't believe you get to cruise again before our Christmas cruise. Yay you!

Sounds like you are having a great time. See ya soon!

For those of you sailing soon on the Wonder again,
Could I ask a favor?

There is talk of turning the Conference room on deck 2 midship by the eleveators into a new TWEEN club, like the Magic has (as of December 2010 Disney told me in a letter.). They said it was for 11 to 14 year olds.

I am hoping that this is still in the works, as we are cruising in March for a 7day MR cruise, and my 12 year old does not want to be a part of the current club (with 6 year olds) . I don't blame him

If you hear any "info" on this from staff, or see constuction being done I would love to know!!!

Thanks so much!:thumbsup2

... they are using that space extensively for training all of the new folks on the ship (earning thier ears) they have calsses there nearly all day long (happened to be standing by waiting for elevators and watched about three dozen newbies step outside to interact with guests under the watchfull eye of instructors...

What is my dear Jelena going to be doing on the Dream?! So happy for her and her promotion! Though I will miss her awesome Mojitos. :goodvibes Hope to see her on the Dream in September.

She made my husband and me a "Magical Family" on the Magic in 2008.

We cruised in August and the big "tree" was not there then. Eek!
The "tween" group on the Wonder is called Out and About and they don't really have a home base. There is a separate list of activities for them in the navigator and they do activities more suited to that age group. My DS (12) was ok with it, he would have enjoyed it more if there had been a room like Ocean Quest.

The "tween" group on the Wonder is called Out and About and they don't really have a home base. There is a separate list of activities for them in the navigator and they do activities more suited to that age group. My DS (12) was ok with it, he would have enjoyed it more if there had been a room like Ocean Quest.

When we decided to cruise on the MR, and I realized the it was the Wonder, I sent a letter to CS asking what they are planning to do with the Tweens for 7 days, as out and about was not enough for my sons on our previous three day. 7 would be worse, especially if they are with 6 year olds all week....
Here is what I got:

6/16/10

Dear ,

Thank you for your email.

Your thoughtfulness in sharing your observations with ways we can
improve our cruise experience is much appreciated.

Please be assured that your thoughts will be shared with management.
Input from our Guests is a valuable tool in determining ways we can make
their visits more convenient and enjoyable. This is very important to
us, as we are committed to offering a cruise experience that meets the
Disney standards of excellence and provides the type of magical vacation
our Guests have come to expect.

I do have some good news to share with you. A new Youth Activities area
called Edge will premier onboard the Disney Wonder in December, 2010.
The age group for Edge is 'Tweens' 11-13 years old.
If you have a child who is not quite old enough to participate or just
past the age cut-off and traveling with other 'tweens' and you would
like the child to participate in Edge, we recommend that the Guest and
child meet with the Youth Activities Manager once onboard to find a
solution that will meet the child's needs.

During available hours (yet to be determined), children who are 11 - 13
years of age are able to go in and out of Edge as much as they want. The
children do not have to 'check-in' or 'check-out' with the counselors
that will be supervising at all times.

If you prefer that your child be in secured programming, please feel
free to discuss this with a counselor once onboard.

The children do not have to be registered with Youth Activities to
participate in the Edge activities; however, the counselors will check
to make sure they are the correct age for the location.

Please contact us back in December for more details on this area.

I hope this information has been helpful. If you require further
assistance in planning your visit, please feel free to contact us.

We look forward to sailing with you again!

Sincerely,

Stephanie
Reservations Department
Disney Cruise Line

So, I was just wondering from you "frequent" Wonder cruisers if they actually started it. Maybe a quick peek in the room!;)
Guess not. Thanks BeadPirate for the update.

That's great news about Edge! I'm glad to hear that it will be open when we cruise Alaska next summer.

When we decided to cruise on the MR, and I realized the it was the Wonder, I sent a letter to CS asking what they are planning to do with the Tweens for 7 days, as out and about was not enough for my sons on our previous three day. 7 would be worse, especially if they are with 6 year olds all week....
Here is what I got:

6/16/10

Dear ,

Thank you for your email.

Your thoughtfulness in sharing your observations with ways we can
improve our cruise experience is much appreciated.

Please be assured that your thoughts will be shared with management.
Input from our Guests is a valuable tool in determining ways we can make
their visits more convenient and enjoyable. This is very important to
us, as we are committed to offering a cruise experience that meets the
Disney standards of excellence and provides the type of magical vacation
our Guests have come to expect.

I do have some good news to share with you. A new Youth Activities area
called Edge will premier onboard the Disney Wonder in December, 2010.
The age group for Edge is 'Tweens' 11-13 years old.
If you have a child who is not quite old enough to participate or just
past the age cut-off and traveling with other 'tweens' and you would
like the child to participate in Edge, we recommend that the Guest and
child meet with the Youth Activities Manager once onboard to find a
solution that will meet the child's needs.

During available hours (yet to be determined), children who are 11 - 13
years of age are able to go in and out of Edge as much as they want. The
children do not have to 'check-in' or 'check-out' with the counselors
that will be supervising at all times.

If you prefer that your child be in secured programming, please feel
free to discuss this with a counselor once onboard.

The children do not have to be registered with Youth Activities to
participate in the Edge activities; however, the counselors will check
to make sure they are the correct age for the location.

Please contact us back in December for more details on this area.

I hope this information has been helpful. If you require further
assistance in planning your visit, please feel free to contact us.

We look forward to sailing with you again!

Sincerely,

Stephanie
Reservations Department
Disney Cruise Line

So, I was just wondering from you "frequent" Wonder cruisers if they actually started it. Maybe a quick peek in the room!;)
Guess not. Thanks BeadPirate for the update.

I know we discussed this on another thread but I am also anxiously awaiting to hear if they are going to redo the conference center sooner or later.

When we cruised the Wonder in June, 2010, we were told that it would be converted after the first Alaska run.

Since we're cruising with an 11 year old in February, I'm keeping my fingers crossed that your letter is more accurate than what were told in June.

That is great news about the Edge- we never look at the Wonder because I know my one son would be very upset there wasn't an equivalent area to Ocean Quest. Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter