On the Floor and Out the Door!: a 17 day HalloChristmas, RunDisney, MNSSHP, HHN, MVMCP adventure! new 2/8!

Just got caught up on everything - the room at Rosen looks nice - and that price is awesome! Totally want to try Universal on one of our next trips!

I'll sleep anywhere lol
Spoken like a true shift-worker...
:rotfl: :rotfl: I didn't think of that but you're right! I'm gonna go with that story from now on.
You're welcome.
Oo I like it! Our shoes were wet and squishy for the rest of the night so who can argue it!
Always come to me for semi-plausible petty excuses.
We "slept in" the next morning and didn't get up until 8:30 am.
That qualifies for sleeping in on vacation. ::yes::
Coronado was looking pretty picture perfect! :love:

Like this shot in particular.
Since Mike and I used QS credits, we were entitled to 2 alcoholic drinks and we weren't about to forgo those just because it was breakfast.
It's 5 o'clock somewhere.
So we chose two options from the drink case and received many judgemental looks and comments from the others in line.🤷‍♀️
Meh. I'm on vacation. Get lost.
I helpful contributed to the shopping by following Mike around with this hand puppet (he hates Baby Shark and I think it's adorable lol). :rotfl::rotfl:
:lmao:
He told one of the Walmart employees I was harassing him and the employee just shrugged and kept walking.:rotfl::rotfl: #iwin
:laughing:
Finally we found the right one and it truly was nearest Universal. It was less than a 5 minute drive from the entrance and was literally right down the block from the newest Universal resort, Endless Summer.
Not bad!
It was quiet and clean and felt safe and that's really all I was asking for.
That's all I want, too.
As we were unloading the car, I realized you could see Volcano Bay from outside our room!
You are close!
We paid something like $48 a night for our stay which really couldn't be beat.
Holy crap! That's almost free!
If you're looking for an affordable, decent hotel close to Universal, I would recommend it especially because parking was free! My sister and I actually stayed here again for our December trip.
Thanks for the tip... might use it.
I just have to say it: Universal's security system is SO much more efficient than Disney's.
::yes::
Mike and I had decided to get seasonal APs since they were similar in price to multi-day tickets!
Disney could learn from that too.
I had pre-purchased a 5 day package during one of these sales which included 5 consectutive days of photos for digital download, 3 different size prints and a shutterbuttons video session for $59.99. For comparison, the regular price on their website for a 1 day package is $69.99 so this was a great deal for me!
Not bad!
The ride is a basic 3d simulator type but I think it's a fun one!
I liked it. Not the best ride in the park... but far from the worst.
After the parade, I was dying that I'd been in Universal this amount of time without butterbeer and led them to Diagon Alley.
YES!!!
As soon as we got there though, Mike and Steve (his nephew) decided they were starving and didn't want anything from Diagon Alley.
:sad2:
I abandoned my quest for butterbeer
Nooooooo...

Ah on not being able to get the bounty platter at Coronado but yay on the alcoholic drinks for breakfast!

Haha on the Walmart trip and following Mike around with the hand puppet!:rotfl:

Yay on getting a hotel so close to Universal and at a fraction of the price...looking forward to seeing where you end up eating.

Coronado was looking pretty picture perfect! :love:
Gorgeous! I would want to park myself on that lounger under the umbrella!
So we chose two options from the drink case and received many judgemental looks and comments from the others in line.🤷‍♀️
You are entitled to them so why not get them....believe me if there was Baileys on offer I would so be getting it and dumping it in my coffee.
We moved our cars closer to where they said our room was and started unpacking. Our room was clean and a decent size. It wasn't fancy by any means but it suited our needs perfectly. It was quiet and clean and felt safe and that's really all I was asking for.
Such a lovely room and the price cannot be beat!
Universal's photo system is called My Universal photos and they run sales on packages several times a year which I found out by following them on Facebook. I had pre-purchased a 5 day package during one of these sales which included 5 consectutive days of photos for digital download, 3 different size prints and a shutterbuttons video session for $59.99. For comparison, the regular price on their website for a 1 day package is $69.99 so this was a great deal for me!
That is a fantastic deal!

Last edited:

I'll have to keep Rosen's in mind if/when I ever make it out to Universal Orlando. Can't wait to hear more about your time at Universal!

Hey, you can't let those alcohol credits go to waste!!

LOL I love the baby shark puppet!

That's such a great rate for the hotel! Sounds like a good start to your Universal day!!

That's an amazing deal on the hotel. I mean, when you just need a place to crash you want somewhere clean and safe. You couldn't beat that price.

Exactly! I was very happy with it.

It would be hard to resist Butterbeer! That's the number one thing to get inside Universal, right? ::yes::

That's what I was saying! i'm not sure what's wrong with Mike and his nephew that they didn't see it my way. :confused3:confused3

They were just jealous that they weren't maximizing their DDP use!

Seriously! You better believe if I'm entitled to a drink, I'm getting one lol.

That is an amazing deal! Great work.

Thank you!

Wow, good to know to look for specials. That's a big difference.

It is a huge difference. They did a mardi gras sale last year that I'm hoping for this year too. I don't think it's worth it at regular prices but the sales make a huge difference.

I am sorry what! Honestly who turns down free alcohol, i mean i know tech you paid for it, but it was free kinda and who are these people???

That's what I'm saying! Disney is expensive enough, I'm definitely getting what I paid for out of it lol.

We have this! HAHAH Maren loves it!

:rotfl: :rotfl: I might have to come borrow it some time!

Wow that is ALOT of hotels, nice to hear they have good staff! Its always nice when you arrive some place and the staff is nice and up to par!

I know lol I couldn't believe when she said there were so many.

yeah i always wonder if there is a better way to run the security at the parks, like is this really the best way?

There's 100% a better way lol. Universal's system is definitely more efficient and it seems safer too because instead of people poking through your bag hoping to find anything suspicious, it goes through the xray and everyone goes through the metal detector.

Looks like a good start to the Universal stay of your trip! I am debating if we should do 1 day at universal in Nov, but we only have 6 park days.... so i just cant decide...

Hmm that's hard. It's hard to give up Disney time and one day Universal tickets are a big extra cost. I do love Universal but with little kids too, I'd probably wait a couple years!

Just got caught up on everything - the room at Rosen looks nice - and that price is awesome! Totally want to try Universal on one of our next trips!

It was pretty nice and couldn't be beat for the price! I definitely recommend Universal especially if you guys are Harry Potter fans!

Spoken like a true shift-worker...

giphy.gif

Always come to me for semi-plausible petty excuses.

noted for future reference!

It's 5 o'clock somewhere.

Exactly!

Meh. I'm on vacation. Get lost.

Seriously.

Holy crap! That's almost free!

Right! As close as you get can to free!

Disney could learn from that too.

::yes::::yes::::yes::

I liked it. Not the best ride in the park... but far from the worst.

Agreed!

Nooooooo...

My thoughts exactly :confused3:confused3

Gorgeous! I would want to park myself on that lounger under the umbrella!

Me too! Especially right now- I would love to be there!

You are entitled to them so why not get them....believe me if there was Baileys on offer I would so be getting it and dumping it in my coffee.

Exactly! It makes no sense to lose out on things you're entitled to.

Our granddaughter LOVES Baby Shark so now whenever I see a toy/booksign/whatever of it in a store my mind automatically starts singing the song 🦈

we were entitled to 2 alcoholic drinks and we weren't about to forgo those just because it was breakfast.
well of course not!
My comment would have been :thumbsup2:thumbsup2
I also spotted this wannabe Uno lol.
OMG :rotfl:
As we were unloading the car, I realized you could see Volcano Bay from outside our room!
How neat!
Universal's security system is SO much more efficient than Disney's
I will never disagree with this! It's so nice over there - one of the few things I prefer at Uni over Disney.
The last time Mike and I rode this was when it was in soft openings and the preshow area was very entertaining with live performers of the ragtime gals and hashtag the panda was walking around
They had the live performers the first time I rode also and I thought that was the best part! But I've ridden twice since then and no live performers so I'm thinking it was just for a short period of time.

:rotfl:

Since Mike and I used QS credits, we were entitled to 2 alcoholic drinks and we weren't about to forgo those just because it was breakfast.

You'd be crazy if you didn't ::yes::

We paid something like $48 a night for our stay which really couldn't be beat.

Nice, and it looks like a decent place.

I'm home!

I love those filters, but I can never figure out how to use SnapChat…I'm too old!

As soon as we got there though, Mike and Steve (his nephew) decided they were starving and didn't want anything from Diagon Alley.

I don't blame them. I did the same thing last time I was there and ended up getting a slice of pizza a little ways down the road 😋

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter