On the Floor and Out the Door!: a 17 day HalloChristmas, RunDisney, MNSSHP, HHN, MVMCP adventure! new 2/8!

It's so sad to think about how Disney will look in the future and if it will be the same as we knew it :(

Sounds like a fun time at HDDR. I hope one day I'll still be able to try it! :(

Cool pumpkins and golf carts! And all the decorations!

Yay Chip & Dale- so cute!

I have been trying to go to Hoop Dee Doo Revue for several trips but it never worked out. I had it planned for our August trip. We ended up not going and I am sure they were not having it anyways. I was very sad when I heard they were all laid off. I am hoping that it will be back once everything is back to normal.

Happy Halloween, Courtney!

Happy Halloween for last year and/or this year :rotfl:

Sigh... I sure hope so...

Me too. It's sad to think about how different life is now!

Oh? I took the boat over, so missed all of that.

That's the best way to do it! We've driven a few times now so we knew what we were in for but the first time was so confusing.

Much larger than I thought it was. I realize now I only saw a small portion of it.

Same! It's massive!

Loooooove that salad. Worth it for that alone.

Yess agreed.

Not for toooo much longer. Then you can have a bath in it and a straw.

:drinking1:drinking1 I haven't tried the bath and straw idea but I can tell you just a glass was more than enough for me these days lol

Huh! Don't use them, but good for you!

I only bought one because we were at Busch Gardens in VA and I forgot my portable charger and saw the machine. It's not the best charger but it's nice knowing I can swap it out and have a charged one whenever!

How could you possibly eat after Hoop?????? :faint:

You can not lol.

I've never heard of that?

It was a fun event they did the last few years in the barn at Fort Wilderness where you watch the movie then have a photo op with the headless horseman. In 2018 they added a dessert party aspect which was just ok but still fun!

::yes:: Best time.

Also, I didn't quote it, but the video where the guest sings and the actor says "You can come any time" (or something like that)... :lmao:

:rotfl::rotfl:

This is adorable! I wonder if they did this again this year...
I also hope they do the Xmas Tree Hunt at Universal again this year because I'll be there for 2 nights in Dec. for work. I was there last year but only found 1 tree and gave up lol

Good question! It seems like an easy, social distanced activity for them to do but then again so do a lot of the decorations that they didn't use lol.

Did you end up doing the tree hunt at Universal? I heard it wasn't free this time!

:hug: yeah.....there's lots of crying in your future, happy sad angry and scared tears!

Ugh it's terrible- I cry at the drop of a hat!

I never order it anywhere and wouldn't eat it if someone made it for dessert, but OMG I could eat that entire thing!

Same lol!

I have been trying to go to Hoop Dee Doo Revue for several trips but it never worked out. I had it planned for our August trip. We ended up not going and I am sure they were not having it anyways. I was very sad when I heard they were all laid off. I am hoping that it will be back once everything is back to normal.

I hope it comes back too- it will be very sad if it doesn't.

Love, love, loving your report!!! What an amazing lifelong memories trip! You have definitely put this on my bucket list!

Thank you :love: :love: This was our second year in a row doing a long Halloween-Christmas trip and they are some of my favorites!

Happy Halloween for last year and/or this year
:laughing:
haven't tried the bath and straw idea but I can tell you just a glass was more than enough for me these days lol
I say give it a try. Just get a floaty for the baby.
I only bought one because we were at Busch Gardens in VA and I forgot my portable charger and saw the machine. It's not the best charger but it's nice knowing I can swap it out and have a charged one whenever!
Totally get it. :)
It was a fun event they did the last few years in the barn at Fort Wilderness where you watch the movie then have a photo op with the headless horseman. In 2018 they added a dessert party aspect which was just ok but still fun!
That sounds great. :)

October 31,2019: Happy Halloween!

Way back when this report took place, Galaxy's Edge was (relatively) new and WDW introduced the cleverly named Extra, Extra Magic Hours. Hollywood Studios had them daily from 6 am- 9 am and Magic Kingdom and Animal Kingdom from 7 am- 8 am. We had such success with them at Hollywood Studios that we wanted to experience them at one of the other parks too. Since they were ending on November 2, there weren't a lot of chances left so we decided to hit up Animal Kingdom this morning even though it was supposed to be a non-park day.

We woke up nice and early and got to security at Animal Kingdom at the wonderful hour of 6:30 am.

And found that we were far from the only ones.

Security opened a few minutes later and we managed to be the first ones in line at the tapstyles at 6:35.

We were allowed in the park at 6:50 and held in front of the tree of life by cast members who would walk us over to Pandora.

Usually this system makes it more civilized than the "mad dash free for all" at rope drop when everyone takes off running. This morning, however, there were some crazies in the bunch. Next to us at the rope were two women that I estimated around my parents' age. They were already having words with the family next to them about who was in front of who at the rope as we waited :confused3 :confused3 so I already was rolling my eyes at them.

Once the rope dropped and we all began moving, a child behind one of the women stepped on the back of her sandal which caused it to come off her and caused her to yell and curse like a maniac. She and the woman she was with stopped and obviously I didn't because I didn't lose my shoe. A minute later, she came up and full on pushed me!

giphy.gif

I said what the he** is wrong with you and she immediately started screaming that I took her spot and she was there first and needed to get on the ride first.

giphy.gif

I mean, I'm all about getting on rides otherwise I wouldn't be at rope drop at the crack of dawn but I'm also not about full-contact pushing people to get on them. It's still just a theme park ride at the end of the day.

They ended up behind us after this incident and Mike may or may not have intentionally let others go into the queue ahead of us when we got to the entrance just to make them be a little further back :rolleyes1:rolleyes1.

Anyway, having completed our full-contact race to the entrance, it was still only 7:05.

I attempted to take a lot of frantic pictures of the floating mountains as I walked but since I didn't stop moving to take them, they mostly came out a blur.

This is the best I have to offer.

We were in the preshow room at 7:16 waiting to be matched to our avatar.

We were off the ride by 7:30 and it was actually light out now so I walked around taking more floating mountain pictures.

We made our way out of Pandora and across Discovery Island to Asia.

As you can see it was packed.

Naturally, I had to take as many pictures as possible to demonstrate how empty it was.

If you haven't guessed, Expedition Everest was our destination, which had a wait time of a whole 5 minutes posted.

I took pictures of the queue because it's so well themed and we usually FP everything (rip) and rarely see it.

Everest is one of my favorite rides in WDW and I almost always request the front row on it for a few reasons: I find it more thrilling, I like to watch the track switch after you go backwards and I like to quote Stacey at the top "There doesn't seem to be anymore track".

This morning, we didn't have much competition for the front.

In no time, we were off in search of the yeti.

One of my favorite pastimes- forcing Mike into selfies with me.

I also love looking around at the top and seeing how many things I can spot around Disney property.

Apparently we turned invisible for our ride photo because this is what we got:

After our ride, the wait time was still only 5 minutes so the only thing to do was ride again!

I'll spare you the 9000 on ride photos I took the second time (they look surprisingly similar to the ones from the first ride).

Here's one just for good measure.

Yay an actual ride photo this time!

October 31, 2019: Happy Halloween part 2

After our ride it was 8 am so just about the time for regular park opening so we decided to make our way to the safari.

Can you spot the animal in this picture?

When we got to the safari, the line was stretched through Africa and CMs were making announcements about a delayed opening. We decided to abandon mission and make our way out of the park in search of breakfast.

Nothing with ADRs available was calling to us and I was starving so we decided to just head to AKL since it was closest and order quick service.

On our way out of the park, we stopped for some photopass pictures.

It only took us 15 minutes to get out of the park, get our car from the parking lot and get to the entrance of AKL.

We found a pumpkin decorating contest in the lobby.

I really liked the Madame Leota and Mad Tea Party ones!

We mobile ordered our food at 8:56 and it was ready at 9:02!

I got the kids meal waffle platter.

Mike got a croissant breakfast sandwich that I didn't take a picture of so just picture a breakfast sandwich on a croissant.

We sat to eat our much needed breakfast and then we had to make our way to the ESPN Wide World of Sports complex for the runDisney expo!

They ended up behind us after this incident and Mike may or may not have intentionally let others go into the queue ahead of us when we got to the entrance just to make them be a little further back :rolleyes1:rolleyes1
I kind of love that! There is just no reason to be tthat way that early... Everyone there was going to get on fairly easily. Relax lady.

This morning, we didn't have much competition for the front.

Nice! It has been so long since we have been at an extra magic hours in the morning that was this empty. Awsome!

Yay an actual ride photo this time!

Yeah ride photo!

I said what the he** is wrong with you and she immediately started screaming that I took her spot and she was there first and needed to get on the ride first.
Seriously? What is wrong with people? I would have been infuriated and not sure I would have been as nice as you

They ended up behind us after this incident and Mike may or may not have intentionally let others go into the queue ahead of us when we got to the entrance just to make them be a little further back :rolleyes1:rolleyes1.
:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:Go Mike!! This is so my style. Whenever we are in Muppets or Philharmagic and people sit in the middle of the row despite being told repeatedly to go to the end, I may or may not be known to "unintentionally" whack them with my back as I walk by.

As you can see it was packed.

There really is little better than Disney then an empty park and AK is certainly my favorite. We were in it late at night one time when it was like this and it was so peaceful. What I wouldn't give for some of this right now.

Apparently we turned invisible for our ride photo because this is what we got:

You look great :earboy2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter