On the Floor and Out the Door!: a 17 day HalloChristmas, RunDisney, MNSSHP, HHN, MVMCP adventure! new 2/8!

Ugh, catching up. I always fall behind... (that ugh is at me for being lazy and falling behind)

Rude people first thing in the morning is the worst. My travel buddies and I do always try to “work our way forward” in rope drop crowds if we aren’t at the front, but we are never rude about it.

I love all the resort meet and greets. I hope they come back. We are still tentatively hoping for a Fall trip this year, but I will admit that if the meet and greets aren’t back we will probably push it another year.

Also holy candy haul!

What a fabulous Halloween. I had zero idea they did so much at the resorts. We were supposed to be down there last year for Halloween, but of course that didn't happen. Whenever we get back again now I know to skip the Halloween party and just hit up all the resorts!

Sticking with the clueless vibe I didn't know Abracadabar added food either. We've done drinks here and they are good, but strong, so some carbs to soak it all up is a great addition. And like you give me cheese and prosciutto and I am there. Now if only they would open back up :drinking1

I would lov to do one one day. So, I am intrested to hear how you liked it.

Even as a non-runner, it was a lot of fun! I would definitely do it again.

OH that is a good score. I don't know if I have ever seen them out and about.

I'd never seen them before either!

Holy characters!!! Who needs the Halloween Party!

Exactly! We always do the Halloween party earlier in the trip and then spend Halloween this way.

What are the ball shaped items?

m&ms I think or reese's pieces

Those look amazing!!!

So good!

So more of a "strollDisney event" then. ;)

I'd say half-jog, half-stroll lol

So... Since I'm unclear on the details... you get your medal after the run, yes? Or... ?

Yup! You pick up your race bib and shirt ahead of time and you can purchase race merchandise but the medals are at the finish line.

I've seen similar (perhaps even that one.)
Not a huge fan of the first 1K (roughly) being in the parking lot, but... I guess you gotta take the bad with the good.

Yeah there were a lot of people unhappy with the course. From following the Wine and Dine thread on the Dis, it seems that the 5k was always in Animal Kingdom which would've made a lot of sense given the theme was Jungle Book so it's weird that it was in Epcot. Plus it seems people were upset because the 5k and 10k were both in Epcot then. It didn't make a difference to us really since it was our first and only race lol but I would've liked to run through Animal Kingdom!

Familiar with that.

:sad2::sad2:

Oh? Try "I'm picking up a friend." or "I'm picking up merchandise from the store."

We tried that and we very rarely have issues parking at the resorts even the monorail ones but this guard was just not having it :confused3:confused3

Didn't know this, but... fun tradition!

it's so much fun and I hope it comes back after covid.

You should have put your right hand on your face and matched poses. You're so close!

You're right! Epic fail on my part.

I had to Google them. :sad2:

What! You never saw Hercules!

Huh! But... did you make some?

Of course. When there are s'mores to be made, you must make them.

oooohhh... yes please.

So delicious!

This sounds so much fun. I can't wait until my kids are not in school anymore and I can go to Disney when ever we want. I have always wanted to do Halloween and Christmas there. Lets hope that at least some of this stuff comes back.

Mike and I just discussed the other day how our years of traveling whenever we want are limited now. I'll be very sad if it doesn't come back!

I'd say half-jog, half-stroll lol
That works!
Yup! You pick up your race bib and shirt ahead of time and you can purchase race merchandise but the medals are at the finish line.
Ah, okay.
For myself, the medal is the only thing I'd care for. Not big on merch.
Yeah there were a lot of people unhappy with the course. From following the Wine and Dine thread on the Dis, it seems that the 5k was always in Animal Kingdom which would've made a lot of sense given the theme was Jungle Book so it's weird that it was in Epcot. Plus it seems people were upset because the 5k and 10k were both in Epcot then. It didn't make a difference to us really since it was our first and only race lol but I would've liked to run through Animal Kingdom!
Running through AK would be awesome!

Heh... if they unleash the lions, I bet you'd be able run really fast.
We tried that and we very rarely have issues parking at the resorts even the monorail ones but this guard was just not having it :confused3:confused3
Well.... dang.
You're right! Epic fail on my part.
:laughing:
What! You never saw Hercules!
Oh, I have. But been a long time and I don't remember a lot of it.
Of course. When there are s'mores to be made, you must make them.
You have redeemed yourself in my eyes.

Mike and I just discussed the other day how our years of traveling whenever we want are limited now. I'll be very sad if it doesn't come back!

We did take the kids out of school when they were younger. We would go the week of Labor day so much much was happening yet and it was only missing 4 days. The last time we did this was when DS was in 4th grade. He had a harder time catching back up with missed work. Now they are in 8th and 9th grade and in school sports. So now we are stuck with maybe just June for vacation. It will be so nice when they are are out of school but so sad that my kids will be done in 4.5 years. It is a double edged sward.

Ugh, catching up. I always fall behind... (that ugh is at me for being lazy and falling behind)

Story of my life lol!

Rude people first thing in the morning is the worst. My travel buddies and I do always try to “work our way forward” in rope drop crowds if we aren’t at the front, but we are never rude about it.

That's the normal way to do it, in my opinion. We're all trying to get on the rides of course but not by pushing other people!

love all the resort meet and greets. I hope they come back. We are still tentatively hoping for a Fall trip this year, but I will admit that if the meet and greets aren’t back we will probably push it another year.

I hope they come back too! We probably won't go over Halloween this year since we're planning to go for the 50th and my parents will lose it if we take the baby away for his 1st Halloween lol

What a fabulous Halloween. I had zero idea they did so much at the resorts. We were supposed to be down there last year for Halloween, but of course that didn't happen. Whenever we get back again now I know to skip the Halloween party and just hit up all the resorts!

It's fun and free! We usually do the Halloween party an earlier night in the trip and then spend Halloween this way.

Sticking with the clueless vibe I didn't know Abracadabar added food either. We've done drinks here and they are good, but strong, so some carbs to soak it all up is a great addition. And like you give me cheese and prosciutto and I am there. Now if only they would open back up :drinking1

I wouldn't have known either until I saw someone else post about it. I hope they open up again soon.

Ah, okay.
For myself, the medal is the only thing I'd care for. Not big on merch.

That's fair. I'm the person advertising people target...I see things and I instantly need them lol

Running through AK would be awesome!

Heh... if they unleash the lions, I bet you'd be able run really fast.

:rotfl: :rotfl: True I'd suddenly become very fast I bet.

You have redeemed yourself in my eyes.

Wooo!

We did take the kids out of school when they were younger. We would go the week of Labor day so much much was happening yet and it was only missing 4 days. The last time we did this was when DS was in 4th grade. He had a harder time catching back up with missed work. Now they are in 8th and 9th grade and in school sports. So now we are stuck with maybe just June for vacation. It will be so nice when they are are out of school but so sad that my kids will be done in 4.5 years. It is a double edged sward.

I was always jealous of kids who got to miss school for vacations when I was younger because my parents never took us out lol. Like you said, I think we'll be ok with him missing a few days in early elementary school. I can't even think about Robert being in high school- it makes my heart hurt.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter