• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

On the 1st Day of Christmas Walt Disney Gave to Me.....Final Chapter 5/14/10!

Wow! Those POS's would have ended up battered and bruised from me falling and stepping all over them. After all they were in my fall path! :thumbsup2 OMG I'm so sorry I kicked you in the nuts but I had nothing to hold onto. :rolleyes1

Good for you for giving them ****. it's disturbing though that they didn't give a **** until they were made the centre of attention and then just slinked away.

HOnestly, I wanted to really go all SC redneck on them, but I held it together. After all, Mickey with a badge would really scare me!!!!

I don't know why people are so rude these days. It's as if by giving up some space to someone else, they are somehow made to feel "less than." I have seen my SIL and DIL actually not require the kids to move so adults can have a seat. It's like, "WHAT?" "They are people too." Yes LITTLE PEOPLE!

Some people just weren't raised right. And though I raised mine right, it seems mama rules the roost. :sad2: Good for you for speaking up!

Oh no he didn't! I had steam coming out of my ears just reading this! You handled it very well; much better than I think I would have.

Denise

Oh yes he did!!!!! And the funniest part was it was all dark and quiet on the bus, you know how it is after long days at the park, everyone just kicked back and relaxed on the ride back to the resort. So everyone heard this!!!

:cool1: Way to go! That, along with not taking your hat off, walking or talking during the National Anthem, makes me crazy. And people who don't RSVP, but that's another day. :rolleyes1

I totally 2nd you on people that don't rsvp...drives me crazy! i think it's a dying art...courtesy that is! haha:lmao:

Oh, the whole RSVP thing really gets me too!!!! It's French ya know, for "y'all let me know if you're comin or not!" Maybe people don't speak French as much as they used to? :rolleyes1

I just read your whole bus story. :sad2: Ignorant is all I can say about that man on the bus.

Here's what I hate about the bus. I hate when it is soooooo crowded that you can't even stand up to give your seat away even if you really wanted to. I will always see people standing that I think deserve a seat more than me, but to exchange with them would cause a major rucus and shifting of bodies and belongings, especially if they are buried amongst other travelers. I prefer when I board the bus last. That way I don't feel guilty about taking up a seat.

Oh my word!! I'm just now reading your bus story!! I cannot believe that Ally had to stand on the bus. And then that the POS had the nerve to respond to your comment--how incredibly RUDE of him!! I'm so sorry you had to deal with that. I would have been FUMING mad! :mad:

Bratty obnoxious child! (I don't care if he was 30-something. I bet he wouldn't have done that if his mama had been with him! ;)) Good for you for standing up to him and making sure he was aware of his rudeness.

I just read your whole bus story. :sad2: Ignorant is all I can say about that man on the bus.

Here's what I hate about the bus. I hate when it is soooooo crowded that you can't even stand up to give your seat away even if you really wanted to. I will always see people standing that I think deserve a seat more than me, but to exchange with them would cause a major rucus and shifting of bodies and belongings, especially if they are buried amongst other travelers. I prefer when I board the bus last. That way I don't feel guilty about taking up a seat.

Yes! That happens to us all the time so Jeff doesn't even sit down anymore. Once the bus starts moving, he'll sit if there's a seat, otherwise, that poor man has not had a seat on a bus leaving a park since.... well, I don't know when!

Oh my word!! I'm just now reading your bus story!! I cannot believe that Ally had to stand on the bus. And then that the POS had the nerve to respond to your comment--how incredibly RUDE of him!! I'm so sorry you had to deal with that. I would have been FUMING mad! :mad:

That's why I preach to all my friends with boys, "teach them good manners!"

Bratty obnoxious child! (I don't care if he was 30-something. I bet he wouldn't have done that if his mama had been with him! ;)) Good for you for standing up to him and making sure he was aware of his rudeness.

Bad manners are one thing, rudeness is quite another!

OK, so sorry it's been so long since I've been on here - it's been quite a whirlwind around here.

Our house listed, sold, and closed in 23 days!!! We are so blessed to have sold for a good price in this horrible market, and we are very thankful. But I've shed quite a few tears as this makes the move all the more real. We are all much better with the move now, after looking at homes in SC with a realtor and finding some wonderful neighborhoods.

We will stay here until the end of the school year though, so let the going away parties begin!!! :cool1:

Hi Kara,

Glad you are feeling better about the move. I know this must be hard on all of you but I'm sure staying positive is the best way to deal with it. And besides......you will still be CLOSER to Disney World than ME!!! I am in Jacksonville, NC so it is a 12 hour drive for us. :eek: Hope you get some quality time in at Disney before the move. :)

Back open.
Just got done reading your TR.
My dd lived up in Brunswick GA,
actually trained up there, but we used the Jacksonville airport all the time.
Love the airport-and we get better deals flying into Jacksonville, than MCO.
We were in Florida, the end of February, and it didn't warm up. But I can't complain, in Wisconsin, it was in the teens and in Florida, it got in the low 60's every day.

One day, I'll get to see those Osbourn Lites-I'm going with my sisters to WDW next March, and I hope I get the bounce back offer, like I did this year. Then I'll book a surprise trip just to go see those lites.

Thank you OhMari!!!!

OK, gang, I took a little hiatus.... getting really stressed about the upcoming move. Our house is sold here, living here though until end of May, then staying with friends for a week after our furniture leaves here and heads to our new house!

Oh, and did I mention I haven't even SEEN our new house? When Jeff called and told me he found the perfect house, I told him to buy it. Oh, yes I did!!! I just didn't want to travel to see just one house. And I saw on online and he and our agent took lots of pics. Plus, this will be our 4th house and on every other house, he and I walked out after seeing it and said "that's the one." So we have the same taste and always agree on houses.

With that said.... I WILL finish this TR!!! I will work to get an update tomorrow, as I just got back from our 2nd annual DISmoms Gone Wild trip!!! So we'll have fun with SIX of us writing that TR soon!

On the 10th day of Christmas, Walt Disney gave to me....

10 Minute Water Taxi
9 Fightin words.....
8:00 Wishes
7 bathroom pit stops
6 Epcot "Santas"
5 million dancing lights
4 parks one world
3 season passes
2 1/2 hr drive
and a room at the Wilderness Lodge

So after my throw down the night before, we were up and ready for our last day of the Christmas season at Disney World.

On to Magic Kingdom first thing to hit Space Mtn. After all, there is NO going to Magic Kingdom and not riding ALL the mountains!

We raced downstairs, tossed our bags in the car, did a little pin trading in the lobby, then it was off to MK via the water taxi. And you thought I was gonna say boat, didn't you? Do you not know me yet? Boats are for the regular people.... WE are the McSparklesons!!!! We travel by water taxi!

It was about a 10 minute ride and then we were there for rope drop. I cried. Have I mentioned how much I love rope drop at MK? It just sets the tone for the entire day!!!

"Good morning, good moooorning!"

We raced over to grab FPs for Space Mtn, then headed to Splash to ride standby. The wait was only 10 minutes for both Splash and BTMRR so we were good to go!

MKSplashMtn.jpg

MKBTMRRAllyJeff.jpg

Luckily it was MUCH warmer today, plus they had the jets turned off so there was just a little bit of water after the drop.

We wandered aimlessly for awhile - my favorite thing to do in any WDW park!

And look who we saw!!! Woody was mesmerized by Ally's autograph book and decided to spend some time checking out the other pages too. He was also happy that Jessie had her own page, too.

MKWoodyJessie1.jpg

MKWoodyJessie2.jpg

MKWoodyJessie3.jpg

Pretty soon we found ourselves right back at SM to use our FPs. Now have any of you noticed the new standby attraction? VIDEO GAMES in the queue!!! It looks so cool.... but not as cool as blowing by all those gamers on our way to the front of the line!!!

I read a story awhile back about Space Mtn. Do not read this is you freak out easily or you'll never ride again.

Apparently the way the track is designed, it passes over and under itself several times, so if something should fall out of a car up top, there is a chance it could hit a car, or say, a passenger in a car, down below!!! In this story I read, CMs were overheard at the end of the day, while cleaning up the floor under the track, and holding up cameras, cell phones, etc, "whew! we got lucky today!"

So I'm a nervous wreck now when I ride this stupid thing. I'm waiting for it to start raining electronics or something!

We did it. We survived. We were off. We were feeling photogenic.

MKAlly2.jpg

MKAllyandDaddy.jpg

MKAllyandMOmmy1.jpg

It was still early but we thought we'd check out The Plaza for lunch. I'm not a real big fan of using DDP credits on ANY TS in MK, but since we use the TIW card, we thought it might be nice to relax in here for awhile before heading to Epcot......

A walk in? No ADR? That's absurd!!!! Or is it?????

Oh, Kara! I did not even think to ask last weekend when we saw Ally & Jeff that she might have that book with her and I could have seen it!! :confused3 Where was my brain??? I know you're all there right now, on your last Florida resident trip, and I hope you are having an AMAZING and magical time!

ps- I am STILL suffering from ITSK withdrawals...hanging with you is addicting!! :rotfl: :hug: Love you Sista!!

EDTA- Oops! You're still home! Have a great time tomorrow!

No Ellen, we decided not to go this weekend. First and foremost I don't want to celebrate our "last" trip for awhile. Moving sucks!!! So we decided that since last weekend we all left fairly happy, we didn't want to ruin it but going and KNOWING this was it! So we are going to relax this weekend at the pool with friends......

Jeff is out golfing with his buddies today - only two more weekends that he'll be able to do that. And then tomorrow we will all go out and play.

It's so weird to think that now its finally happening so fast!

We close on our house in SC two weeks from Monday, and then they pack and load our house here later that same week. Then spending one week here with friends so basically 4 weeks from today I'll be waking up for the first time in my NEW house!!!

Ellen, have you got our new TR started yet????

Great update. As sad as you are leaving Fl. I have to say...welcome back to the Carolinas. :)

I do love the Carolinas so it won't be too bad. But I will miss Florida something fierce!!!

I hear from Ellen that more ITSK can be expected:rotfl2::rotfl2:Make sure ya'll link me when ya start those TRs!!!:worship::worship:

Rosie, you know it's just not a trip with Ellen unless there's lots of ITSK!!!! :lmao:

Kara -

Glad to see you did update your TR! I love your pictures in front of the castle. That is my absolute favorite MK picture spot. Good luck with settlement in a couple weeks. I know your are bummed about moving, so I really hope all goes smoothly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter