On New Years Eve Eve (12/30) does the park typically close due to capacity?

Antonia

DIS Veteran
We will not be there on 12/31, so we plan to do MK on 12/30. Should we expect that the park may close to capacity on that day. I would expect it on 12/31.

It will be the two of us and our two grandchildren so want to be prepared. This is our 4th time to WDW this year on our annual passes so we are not newbies, but have not been close to a major holiday since 2001.

We will not be there on 12/31, so we plan to do MK on 12/30. Should we expect that the park may close to capacity on that day. I would expect it on 12/31.

It will be the two of us and our two grandchildren so want to be prepared. This is our 4th time to WDW this year on our annual passes so we are not newbies, but have not been close to a major holiday since 2001.

I'd not "expect" it on either date.
But, it will be very, very busy.

Close, like phase 4 closure? No. Has not happened since New Fantasyland opened.

You should be fine with APs. Be aware that the MK parking lots close in the morning every day that week.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter