on line check in

PlutosFriend

<font color=royalblue>Spoke too soon<br><font colo
What are the benefits of this and how does it work once you get to the resort? Thanks!

I just did this yesterday for our trip starting next Friday. I think basically you walk up to the online check in counter, give them your name and ID and they hand you your KTTW's and welcome folder. It's supposed to be a faster process than checking in at the counter.

I just did this yesterday for our trip starting next Friday. I think basically you walk up to the online check in counter, give them your name and ID and they hand you your KTTW's and welcome folder. It's supposed to be a faster process than checking in at the counter.

Thanks! But you still don't know what room til you actually get there, right?

You may not even know what room when you get there. I have used online check in the last couple of visits and our room wasn't ready either time since we arrived pretty early. We didn't know which room until they called us later.

But the online check in works really well as far as beating crowds since you just show id and get your KTTK. I think it's a good thing to do.

You may not even know what room when you get there. I have used online check in the last couple of visits and our room wasn't ready either time since we arrived pretty early. We didn't know which room until they called us later.

But the online check in works really well as far as beating crowds since you just show id and get your KTTK. I think it's a good thing to do.

Good to know! :thumbsup2 This option was not available the last time we went. So there is a special area to go to once you get to your resort (POFQ for us) if you have checked in, right? I like the idea of beating a line or crowd. We will be getting in late on our day of arrival.

Thanks! But you still don't know what room til you actually get there, right?

Right, but when you do online check in you can make room location requests online like "ground floor" or "near transportation". Doesn't mean you'll get it, but they will try to accomodate your request.

We actually have two rooms on our upcoming reservation and after I did the online check in I called the resort to request that the rooms be as near each other as possible.

When you get to your resort you go to the check-in desk and one of the counters will be marked "online check in". You go to that counter and they will have all of your stuff ready and waiting for you. In our case we'll get our KTTW's and walk over to concierge to have our park tickets added.

We used the online check in in Sept. 2009. We ended up in Building 7 at POFQ. Couldn't have been further away from the food court. That was our only request and they said that since we used online check in that there was nothing that they could do.

Most people don't realize that if you are assigned a room and you are not happy with it, you can change it. Just ask what other rooms are available and they will work with you to make sure you are satisfied with your location. We do this every trip, whether I use online check in or not. I'm sure the front desk at OKW next week will be like "oh no, here she comes again!", but they still make sure we're happy with our room. :goodvibes

it really depends on when you arrive and how "picky" you are re: your room.

we got in one year around a peak time and the online check in had a decent line but since there was more CM's per person for that line they did go faster than us - but it's not like you'll just walk right up, grab your key and go. they probably had a 10 minute wait while we waited about 20.

like previous posts stated, if you have a special request you'll still spend time while the CM tries to work it out. it's just my tall hubby and me so when we stay at POP we always ask for the King rooms - otherwise we each take a double bed and his legs still hang over - and never have we just been assigned one. We always get assigned a 2 double and then we have to wait while the CM checks to see what's available. On the online check-in there was no comment box or anything to ask for this in advance. So last year when I actually used the online check-in, we got in at a slow time and I stood in line and at the counter about the same amount of time as the guests in the regular line.

in terms of the benefits, basically they print all your itineraries and keys in advance so it's all in the packet before you arrive rather than waiting for the CM to print it all and assign the room when you walk up. If you're happy with everything your counter time is about 2 minutes. Just long enough for them to find your packet and explain where your room is. Since they seem to have a greater ratio to CM's to guests in line and the pre-printed packet, the line does look to move a bit faster.

Most people don't realize that if you are assigned a room and you are not happy with it, you can change it. Just ask what other rooms are available and they will work with you to make sure you are satisfied with your location. We do this every trip, whether I use online check in or not. I'm sure the front desk at OKW next week will be like "oh no, here she comes again!", but they still make sure we're happy with our room. :goodvibes

I agree, it never hurts to ask! I did this once at AKL and they changed for me ")

ONe bad thing about online check-in is that you can't be very specific on your room request and it also voids out any previous room request you may have done with them over the phone. When we went last year, we had asked for any building BUT the 70's section. When we did online check-in there was no option for something like that. When we got there, we ended up in the 70's building. I asked them why and they informed me that online trumps previous requests. Since the room was ready when we got there, we just stayed with it.

I don't know that I will use online this year or not because of that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter