? on borrowed points and selling a contract

yasuern

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/" targ
If you are going to sell a contract but have borrowed points to obtain future ressies(buyers are aware of depleted point status) Do those ressies stay inplace in your name or do they go to the new owners name?

as always any and all info is appreciated:D

As I understand it, any reservations in place on a contract that is sold are cancelled. The appropriate cancellation periods and policies then apply.

If you sell a contrat, then all reservations outstanding on that contract are automatically cancelled.

I'm not sure where the borrowed points then go, back into the year they were borrowed into, or back into their original year.

Perhaps someone here know the answer to that.

I'm quite sure that the borrowed points would return to the current use year. Points once borrowed cannot be returned to their original use year. Doubt Disney cares that the contract is being sold - IMHO, that is not a good reason to make an exception to the rule.

got my answer - thanks!
Ressie gets cancelled - so we have opted not to sell (was a family thing no outside parties wil be hurt) - but we are still going to look for an OKW resale - DH says "we are never going to sell our points - just going to keep buying them" I think he may be right -

Hello my name is Sue and I am a DVC pointaholic!;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter