On AOL's front page now too...

LittleDragonErin

I am dragon, feel my fire! Roar!
vmk_aol01.jpg

vmk_aol02.jpg

Link: http://www.switched.com/2008/04/15/disney-fans-petition-to-save-virtual-magic-kingdom/

one story eventually can snowball into an avalanche :thumbsup2

I hate to say this, but I agree completely with their online petition assessment. Snopes has a pretty good article about it- http://www.snopes.com/inboxer/petition/internet.asp . The petitions got everyone excited at first, and when we got so many signatures, we knew that we were on to something. Now, we've got to move away from them - and let the media know we're not just signing petitions!

I'm so glad that the word is getting out there and Save VMK Today is stepping up their campaign. I don't think that the petitions are hurting our cause, but if people are just focusing on them (like signing them over and over) when they could be using that time to comment on a blog, call Iger, or make a flat to send in- it might be so.

Who is in charge of these sites? I would love to see SaveVMK & SaveVMKToday merge to unite us even more.

Not that I ever doubted you guys, but I'm amazed at how far this is reaching. You all ROCK! :yay:

I hate to say this, but I agree completely with their online petition assessment. Snopes has a pretty good article about it- http://www.snopes.com/inboxer/petition/internet.asp . The petitions got everyone excited at first, and when we got so many signatures, we knew that we were on to something. Now, we've got to move away from them - and let the media know we're not just signing petitions!

I'm so glad that the word is getting out there and Save VMK Today is stepping up their campaign. I don't think that the petitions are hurting our cause, but if people are just focusing on them (like signing them over and over) when they could be using that time to comment on a blog, call Iger, or make a flat to send in- it might be so.

Who is in charge of these sites? I would love to see SaveVMK & SaveVMKToday merge to unite us even more.

Not that I ever doubted you guys, but I'm amazed at how far this is reaching. You all ROCK! :yay:

one story eventually can snowball into an avalanche :thumbsup2

Exactly...

Though the petition itself won't do a thing, it attracts the attention of the community. The attention of the community is then noticed by the media. The media makes the plight of the community well-known.

Tada... snowball, avalanche.

I really wish that VMK did not stop new registration...
I think all of this publicity that VMK is getting would bring in hundreds of new users and show Disney/VMK that a little word of mouth can go a LONG way

I agree. Still if we've made it onto AOL we're obviously doing something right! Keep up the good work!!
I have AOL here to so I'll check see whether it made it on the UK news bit, I doubt it but still worth a go! :thumbsup2:

What I find so exciting is our Virtual world the Disney sees just as another game is not just news but on the top page news. Not buried but right there.

Would love to be the fly on the wall right now. Because each day it is building. Oh and would love a pic of the poor postal guy that has to deliver thousands of flats:thumbsup2

I really wish that VMK did not stop new registration...
I think all of this publicity that VMK is getting would bring in hundreds of new users and show Disney/VMK that a little word of mouth can go a LONG way

Exactly. And it's also probably why they turned it off.

What I find so exciting is our Virtual world the Disney sees just as another game is not just news but on the top page news. Not buried but right there.

Would love to be the fly on the wall right now. Because each day it is building. Oh and would love a pic of the poor postal guy that has to deliver thousands of flats:thumbsup2
Yeah. It makes me think of the end scene in the original Miracle on 34th Street. :goodvibes

I had to post a comment on this blog! Facebook? ugh! :snooty: I had been reading the various blogs, a lot of the comments from non-vmk'ers have been sort of negative. Glad to see we VMK'ers have been fighting back!!.

I'm one of the first few to comment, don't want to go any further than that bc of personal info, but its obvious those of us who actually play VMK in the comment sections of these blogs.

Guys, please don't post nasty comments on that story. Internet petitions are very easy to make and to sign (and sign and sign and sign). Because they require so little effort, it's a less impressive show of support than letters and telephone calls. That's all he's saying. Don't take it too personally.

Well some people are taking VMK a little too seriously, I really don't think oprah will even care but maybe the news?

Okay I can't find this Story anywhere on AOL. Did it change places like CNN? Or did they just take it out all together?
Or is my blonde hair kicking in again?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter