One of my favorite scenes

DSCN0587.jpg

I love the Hawaiian hula dancers!

DSCN0597.jpg

And this sweet little one

DSCN0600.jpg

Alooooooohhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

DSCN0603.jpg

We hit up Peter Pan's flight after that. I can never take a good picture on this ride! lol

DSCN0607.jpg

Next, it was time for a tea party!

My mom and the girls

DSCN0613.jpg

My sis

DSCN0616.jpg

DSCN0619.jpg

The girls wanted to ride it again, so they rode with my sister this time. I was way too dizzy!

DSCN0621.jpg

By this time, we were about to call it a night. Much to my dismay. I wanted to stay longer and enjoy the parade and fireworks and take pictures with the characters. But, we knew we would be back at the MK early the next morning. On my birthday!! Woo hooo

So, I took these photos as we made our way out

DSCN0624.jpg

and what horrible pictures they are!! haha

DSCN0630.jpg

This was one of those nights where I was upset. The weather put a damper on our first ever MNSSHP, I was sad that we didn't get to enjoy much of the party.

Here are a few of the photopass photos from this night

Photo0079FourBySix.jpg

Photo0081FourBySix.jpg

Photo0083FourBySix.jpg

I love the next ones and boy did they cause an argument!! lol

Photo0086FourBySix.jpg

Photo0087FourBySix.jpg

Photo0088FourBySix.jpg

Photo0089FourBySix.jpg

Believe me, I am looking forward to my next MNSSHP!

Coming up next! My birthday celebration at Magic Kingdom!

I am so sad the weather put a damper. I am trying my first party this year too. I pray weather is decent.

Oh no, how disappointing that the weather didn't cooperate with you guys!!! At least you were able to have a bit of fun at the party!

Can't wait to see this again!!! :woohoo:

Thanks for the trip around Magic Kingdom. I completely understand about the rain putting a damper on things. The first two and a half days of our summer trip, we were in and out of ponchos and plodding through puddles in parks. You have to go on, of course, but it does sort of wear on you after a while.

All caught up.

The girls look so beautiful at BBB. My girl never wanted that but there may be hope in the future ( way off :lmao:) for grandchildren.

Sorry your MNSSHP was a rainy mess. Tough to slosh your way around. but it looks like you had fun. :goodvibes

So sorry I'm just now getting around to catching up on your TR! :guilty:

My mom and I went to check us in. We had asked for the 50's Lady building, (oh how I love it!) and also to have adjoining rooms. Well, there seemed to be a mix up. They said they could put is in rooms close together but we really needed an adjoining room. The guy checking us in looked through the computer and finally after we stood there about 10 minutes and he made several phone calls, we were put in the 70's Mickey Phone building directly facing mirror lake.

What? Did you tell me this?? I'm telling you, I don't think Disney even LOOKS at the room requests at all. Every time a client asks me to request a specific section, I do so at online check-in and I even call the resort to make sure it's noted. And I KNOW I indicated you guys wanted adjoining rooms and in the 50's section. Argh! That makes me so mad!!! :mad:

Now, knowing I have been here a ton of times, I suggested that Hollie and I watch the rest of the show, ride the monorail to the MK, then catch a bus back to the room. She didn't like this idea at all!! She tends to worry and didn't want Hollie and I to be by ourselves. Hollie was a little upset and wanted to watch the "Fire Guy" but I promised her we would be back very soon. So, we got up just after dessert was served. I mean, who leaves the luau early!!! ;)

That stinks that you had to leave early! Your mom sounds like mine- I go home for a visit and she's all up in my business, asking what time I'm gonna be home, etc. I always say, "Mom, I've lived 300 miles away from you for 15 years and I haven't gotten myself killed yet - I think I'll be fine!" :rotfl:

I'm telling you, I don't think Disney even LOOKS at the room requests at all. Every time a client asks me to request a specific section, I do so at online check-in and I even call the resort to make sure it's noted. And I KNOW I indicated you guys wanted adjoining rooms and in the 50's section.

Our requests have vanished more than once. They are good about taking care of it at the desk, but it does make one wonder if those CM's that take the reservations are writing in invisible ink. :sad2:

Oh, bummer on the cruddy weather for your first MNSSHP. We had a really icky Christmas party and it was kind of a waste of the ticket money. We really want to try the MNSSHP in October but I worry about the weather too. Despite the rain, you all still look great! :thumbsup2

Oh no, how disappointing that the weather didn't cooperate with you guys!!! At least you were able to have a bit of fun at the party!

The weather was just awful!! There was one time we were eating dinner at Peco's Bills and it just poured!! We had put covers over the stroller and it was just full of water! yuck!

Can't wait to see this again!!! :woohoo:

Thanks for the trip around Magic Kingdom. I completely understand about the rain putting a damper on things. The first two and a half days of our summer trip, we were in and out of ponchos and plodding through puddles in parks. You have to go on, of course, but it does sort of wear on you after a while.

The place was just beautiful all decorated up for Fall. It had been a long time since I saw that. Like probably 2001!

I don't think I have ever seen it rain that hard down there. I have a picture my mom took and it is just crazy!

All caught up.

The girls look so beautiful at BBB. My girl never wanted that but there may be hope in the future ( way off :lmao:) for grandchildren.

Sorry your MNSSHP was a rainy mess. Tough to slosh your way around. but it looks like you had fun. :goodvibes

Aw, thanks!! They had so much fun doing that. I am thinking I can only get Hollie to maybe do it one more time. I am gonna let both of the girls do it maybe next year.

So sorry I'm just now getting around to catching up on your TR! :guilty:

What? Did you tell me this?? I'm telling you, I don't think Disney even LOOKS at the room requests at all. Every time a client asks me to request a specific section, I do so at online check-in and I even call the resort to make sure it's noted. And I KNOW I indicated you guys wanted adjoining rooms and in the 50's section. Argh! That makes me so mad!!! :mad:

I agree! I don't think they look at them sometimes. When I tried to explaint to him we were supposed to be in the 50's building with adjoining rooms, he just looked at me like I was crazy.

That stinks that you had to leave early! Your mom sounds like mine- I go home for a visit and she's all up in my business, asking what time I'm gonna be home, etc. I always say, "Mom, I've lived 300 miles away from you for 15 years and I haven't gotten myself killed yet - I think I'll be fine!" :rotfl:

LOL that is too funny!!

Cute! :goodvibes

Beautiful! princess:

Two of my favorite Disney characters! :thumbsup2

They loved dressing up! I told them they were both my favorites that night and I called them by Tink and Belle! lol

Our requests have vanished more than once. They are good about taking care of it at the desk, but it does make one wonder if those CM's that take the reservations are writing in invisible ink. :sad2:

It really does make you wonder!

Oh, bummer on the cruddy weather for your first MNSSHP. We had a really icky Christmas party and it was kind of a waste of the ticket money. We really want to try the MNSSHP in October but I worry about the weather too. Despite the rain, you all still look great! :thumbsup2

We have had it rain on us at the Christmas party too and I think we ended up riding the TTA over and over and over again! lol

Today is the day! The day of spending my birthday in the Magic Kingdom!! Woo hoo!!! I think I dreamed of rain all night. I was hoping when I got up super early that the rain would be gone. Would I be right?? Um….NO!!!! It just looked so wet and murky looking outside. I knew it was gonna be a ponytail kind of day. So, I got up and got ready. I woke Hollie up and started to get her ready. We were at the bus stop by 7:15. A bus finally picked us up and off we go!
By the time we got to the MK, it had started to drizzle just a tiny bit. We got up to the front gate and got inside. I picked up the stroller and off we went to the Crystal Palace. I checked us in and there was no way I was gonna take any pictures right now. It had started to rain! We were called inside to our table. We had some cute Mickey confetti on the table since it was my birthday. I went up and fixed Hollie’s plate and came back. The characters were starting to arrive!
DSCN0632.jpg

DSCN0634.jpg

DSCN0635.jpg

315566_1910404454818_1683071729_1351055_1690857608_n.jpg

DSCN0639.jpg

DSCN0641.jpg

DSCN0644.jpg

They were getting ready to start the parade and of course, the girls joined in!
DSCN0645.jpg

DSCN0646.jpg

DSCN0647.jpg

Now there is a funny story coming up. My grandmother has taken every grandchild of hers to Disney. It was always when we turned 7. She took my oldest cousin Leann, her sister Adolyn and me. After our trip, it was my sister’s turn when she was 7. My cousin Wes is close in age to my sister, so he went with them. Then it was time for Wes’s brother Jesse and our cousin Josh who are also close in age. When it was time for Mandy, Josh’s sister to go, the only other girl cousin close to her age was my sister who was 15 at the time. She couldn’t go because she was in the band in school and they had a competition coming up so I got to go! (Yay!!) But, anways, when my grandmother took my sister they went to a character breakfast. My sister has always been a very picky eater. She came back to the table with a plate of….bacon. Just bacon! Even though she was 7, she still remembers grandmom getting mad at her and putting the plate in the middle for everyone to share. So, we took a picture to remind our grandmother of that one time:
DSCN0648.jpg

DSCN0649.jpg

We were visited by Piglet next
DSCN0650.jpg

DSCN0651.jpg

DSCN0652.jpg

Next is my favorite…Tigger!!
DSCN0654.jpg

316138_1910406454868_1683071729_1351057_907218363_n.jpg

Me and my precious Hollie
297977_1910410854978_1683071729_1351062_778049900_n.jpg

The nice little server brought me out a birthday cupcake that I gave to the girls.
318476_1910409854953_1683071729_1351061_348038828_n.jpg

Continued in the next post

By the time we got finished with breakfast, it was still pouring rain!! I just knew it was gonna be a wet, rainy day! My mom thought we should get some hoodies because it was a little chilly with the rain. So, after we got some hoodies we headed towards the front to meet the Princesses and hope that the rain would soon stop. We got in line for the Princesses and there was a cast member who was having a ball with the girls!
DSCN0656.jpg

DSCN0657.jpg

Up first was Cinderella
DSCN0658.jpg

314840_10150326212984039_534719038_8317395_22766980_n.jpg

DSCN0663.jpg

Next was Belle
DSCN0665.jpg

DSCN0666.jpg

DSCN0668.jpg

DSCN0669.jpg

Followed by Aurora
DSCN0670.jpg

DSCN0671.jpg

Notice Shelby just making herself at home! Lol
DSCN0674.jpg

Up next, we decided to go ahead and meet Mickey and Minnie since it was still pouring! Yuck!
DSCN0676.jpg

DSCN0680.jpg

DSCN0682.jpg

DSCN0683.jpg

Now, I will be honest. That was the last set of pictures I took. I know, I know. So unlike me. But when I tell you the weather was just awful, it was!!! It basically rained all day up until we left. We didn’t ride many rides because the weather was so awful. We ended up actually leaving early this day. What a bummer on my birthday!!
This is the picture my mom took while my sister was on Dumbo in the pouring rain with the girls.
298814_10150321050534039_534719038_8282366_397447602_n.jpg

This was on the carousel
313694_1910413855053_1683071729_1351066_628271379_n.jpg

On TTA and don’t I look like I am loving this weather! Lol
314476_1916097077130_1683071729_1355396_1954896421_n.jpg

This was the picture my mom took as we were leaving the park
304187_1908679171687_1683071729_1349502_1063904121_n.jpg

Oh look at that rain! Ick, ick, ick. What a bummer on your birthday especially Heather.

The bacon story was really cute! I'm glad you had a nice breakfast at CP. :goodvibes

So sorry about the rain! My step-brother got there the Saturday after we left, which I think may have been this day (?) and they sat in their car at the hotel for an hour before even getting out to check in b/c it was raining so hard! He said it cleared up as the week went on but for a couple of days it was just straight rain. That stinks!

Oh look at that rain! Ick, ick, ick. What a bummer on your birthday especially Heather.

The bacon story was really cute! I'm glad you had a nice breakfast at CP. :goodvibes

It was so rainy that day, that when we got back to the room I took my shoes off and was telling my sister that my feet were freezing!! I had no clue that my feet were soaking wet!! haha My socks and shoes were soaked and I guess with the chill in the air, I had no clue! lol

So sorry about the rain! My step-brother got there the Saturday after we left, which I think may have been this day (?) and they sat in their car at the hotel for an hour before even getting out to check in b/c it was raining so hard! He said it cleared up as the week went on but for a couple of days it was just straight rain. That stinks!

It sure did stink! We really only had 1 day that it did not rain on us. :(

Ugh, not rain!!! Hopefully it cleared up soon!!

:rotfl: I love your bacon story! Very nice tribute plate! :thumbsup2

LOL I still laugh over her bacon plate! :goodvibes

Thank goodness this wasn't your very first trip with all that rain yall had! That totally stinks and I'm so sorry it was like that on YOUR BIRTHDAY!

Crystal Palace looked like a fun time though! :thumbsup2

Man that was relentless rain. I have had only a couple of days like that and it sucks.
I love the bacon story. Claire is huge on bacon too and she would do the same thing (she is 7 now too). I nfact at some places I would be happy if she ate a plate full so it would be worth her cost. She is picky too and tends not to eat much at character meals...probably because she is nosey too, looking at where the characters are now at.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter