OMG!! I got the best deal at Alamo for DEC

agotta said:
Anyway to get that coupon without buying the book? I really don't see us using it and I won't spend $30 just to get the $15 off coupon. Any suggestions?

I have 3 friends who are giving me all of their Alamo coupons from their 2005 Entertainment book. These expire on 12/31/2005. I will be using one $25 off, but will have 2 more plus some $20 off ones and some free days ones.

If you are interested ley me know.

thaggie said:
I have 3 friends who are giving me all of their Alamo coupons from their 2005 Entertainment book. These expire on 12/31/2005. I will be using one $25 off, but will have 2 more plus some $20 off ones and some free days ones.

That would be awesome, except we are going in January!! Maybe Alamo will come out with new coupons soon :confused3 Thanks anyway, I really appreciate it!

THANK YOU so much thaggie!!! You saved me over $200.00!!!!!!!! I was searching all Friday for a rental car, and I almost booked one. The quote I was getting was just under $500.00 I figured that was how much I would have to spend to get a car for 11 days. Saturday, I decided to check on this forum, which I have been browsing lately, and sure enough.... a great deal to be had! Being from Canada, our rates for renting a car in the States are higher, but never the less, I booked 11 days for $288 (in Canadian dollars!). What a deal!! We were not even going to rent a car, until I started reading that people prefer to have a vehicle on hand. My transfers from the airport to our hotel were $142 alone. We leave for WDW on Nov 1st, and we are all looking forward to our first visit there. (been to DL). Greatly appreciate everyones ideas, sure does help!!!

goofyforlife said:
I just got off the phone with alamo...They said you could pay anytime up to 48 hrs prior to the rental.... (worth it to save another $19)

:wave2: We're going 10th-17th also maybe we'll see you in line..... Hope they have enough equinox's for all of us Dis'rs.....
>>

Thanks Goofyforlife :) I'm glad to hear it. I'll be wearing a lime green ribbon so be sure and say hello if you see me.

alisa

thaggie said:

Hi! If you have any of those Alamo coupons left, I would be happy to take one off of your hands .... $20 off would be great!

Thanks!

Melissa

(ps) I tried to send you a PM, but it said that your box was full

Ok, just making sure I have all the discounts I'm going to get at this point--we're going in early Jan (5-13th) and I have a reservation with National right now for about $140 (w/taxes/fees) for those days-Emerald Aisle or whatever it is called right now, so probably an intermediate, maybe something a little bigger, but no guarantee.

I plugged in:
430710 in the ID/Corp ID box
BY in the rate/product code box

But there is not current coupon to use since it Jan 2006 right? I wasn't planning on getting the 2006 Entertainment book either, but if someone has a coupon code for that so we could test the rates (don't know if the 2006 coupons are in Alamo system yet though), I'd appreciate it. That way I could figure out if I want to use it or not!

I'm coming up with a rate of $205.04(w/taxes/fees) for an Equinox for our time period, that's the least expensive, so it appears to work for certain dates/time frames I guess, just not for mine, :( .

I also got an Equinox cheap $230 for 10 days. I would love to test some coupon codes. Since I booked using code BY and ID 430710, can I also use a coupon? I'm not sure if ALamo will let you stack deals.

welovedis said:
Ok, just making sure I have all the discounts I'm going to get at this point--we're going in early Jan (5-13th) and I have a reservation with National right now for about $140 (w/taxes/fees) for those days-Emerald Aisle or whatever it is called right now, so probably an intermediate, maybe something a little bigger, but no guarantee.

I plugged in:
430710 in the ID/Corp ID box
BY in the rate/product code box

But there is not current coupon to use since it Jan 2006 right? I wasn't planning on getting the 2006 Entertainment book either, but if someone has a coupon code for that so we could test the rates (don't know if the 2006 coupons are in Alamo system yet though), I'd appreciate it. That way I could figure out if I want to use it or not!

I'm coming up with a rate of $205.04(w/taxes/fees) for an Equinox for our time period, that's the least expensive, so it appears to work for certain dates/time frames I guess, just not for mine, :( .

We have booked the 5th through the 11th and I got a rate of $116 before taxes. I used the above codes too, but am hoping for a coupon.

I was able to print coupons online from Alamo. But the site keeps saying the coupons are invalid. I think I am entering something wrong. Can someone check into this and let me know what I am doing wrong.

Try coupon $15 Contract ID 7011339 and Coupon code D21C
and try $25 Contract ID 7011339 and coupon code D24C

I got my hands in the $25 off entertainment book coupon and the rates also went down since yesterday! Si now my 11 day rate including all taxes and fees is $166.56 :cool1: :banana:

I tried and tried and can't get the $25 coupon to work for the SUV, but I did for the convertable!!!. So I booked the convertable for 10 days for $246. I have both reservations, so I have to decide what will be best for us. I do have a 3 year old, maybe the convertable would not be good for him. My 10 year old and my husband love the thought of a convertable. I don't think either of these vehicles offer much truck space, but I would think the SUV would be better for space.

deelam said:
I was able to print coupons online from Alamo. But the site keeps saying the coupons are invalid. I think I am entering something wrong. Can someone check into this and let me know what I am doing wrong.

Try coupon $15 Contract ID 7011339 and Coupon code D21C
and try $25 Contract ID 7011339 and coupon code D24C
Hi, If you are in the 2006 coupons you may be doing the same thing I was (trying to put the code in)instead click to the right onto reservations or it may say CLICK HERE and there should be an actual coupon to print out(good until 12/31/06) and then a red RESERVATIONS with the codes already inserted. When I did it this way I got the same savings as others but also $20. off because I chose the Standard SUV. I hope I explained this so you can understand! It took me awhile and then I asked on this thread and someone helped me do it! So let me know?? Joan

agotta-thanks for the clarification, I didn't realize the $116 was before taxes, but still a good rate. I'll have to keep checking the site, as I'm assuming an Equinox would have more room and still have decent gas mileage. Plus we're used to being in a minivan & SUV @ home, so driving a car on vacation feels kinda weird!

Anyone know if the 2006 Entertainment book coupons are working on the site yet?

I think I figured this thing out. The Equinox is offered at such a low price, it would appear that no ent coupons are valid with this rental.
You can book a full size SUV with the $25 off ENT coupon. You can also use the $25 for the convertable. I did book all three and now just have to narrow down to what will work for us.
The Mini SUV is the cheapest with no coupon at $230 (10DAYS)
The convertable is second w/$25 coupon at $246
The Standard SUV is third w/$25 coupon at $247

What worries me on the convertable is that I will not be able to fit my luggage. I have a friend who rented one before. She had to put the luggage in the backseat and put the top down, very Beverly Hillbillies like.

Does anyone know how the truck space is on the Equinox?

deelam said:
I also got an Equinox cheap $230 for 10 days. I would love to test some coupon codes. Since I booked using code BY and ID 430710, can I also use a coupon? I'm not sure if ALamo will let you stack deals.

yes they will let you add a coupon. There is one on there site for $15 off. I have an entertainment coupon for $20 off I can send you if you are interested.

I too got a great rate on a Chevy Trailblazer: $129.95 for Dec. 3-10th. However, we have never rented a car before (at WDW) and I am worried that we are going to spend a lot of time at the check-in counter. Usually we have a car service pick us up, but I can't beat this price for a car for the whole week. Do I need to be worried about standing in a huge line when we pick up the car?

thaggie said:
yes they will let you add a coupon. There is one on there site for $15 off. I have an entertainment coupon for $20 off I can send you if you are interested.

My dates are in 2006. I thought the one on their site exp in 2005? I have the ENT coupon for 2006 for $25 off. I couldn't get that to work. Will the $20 off work. I don't have that one.

I just tried again and got the $15 ENT coupon to work. That coupon code will work for the Equinox. Use coupon code D25C and ID 7011339.

Thanks Goofyforlife. The site with the Equinox pictures is helpful. The trunk looks narrow. I'm bringing a lightweight stroller, 1 big suitcase and 3 pilot cases. It will be a tight fit.

Has anyone rented an Equinox? I'd love to hear comments about storage space. Alamo's website only list this vehicle as handling 2 small bags.

deelam said:
I just tried again and got the $15 ENT coupon to work. That coupon code will work for the Equinox. Use coupon code D25C and ID 7011339.

Thanks Goofyforlife. The site with the Equinox pictures is helpful. The trunk looks narrow. I'm bringing a lightweight stroller, 1 big suitcase and 3 pilot cases. It will be a tight fit.

Has anyone rented an Equinox? I'd love to hear comments about storage space. Alamo's website only list this vehicle as handling 2 small bags.
So what did you get your price down to? I just tried those codes, but still haven't gone lower than $116 before tax (Jan 5-11).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter