OMG has anyone else seen this article!?!

there's a few things with this:

first the new york post should be sold on the comic book rack next to Superman and Thor...its a complete embarassment.

second, i don't doubt what they're saying at all. It's the regional mentality in these parts (NJ/NY)...people seem to feel (many...not all) that if the seller doesn't come up with some elaborate system to detect theft or "skimming"...then they deserve to be taken advantage of. i disagree completely. Know the difference between right and wrong (its obvious 99.9% of the time) and hold the line.

third, i have a feeling that while this scam is carried out...it is a somewhat outlier and doesn't really represent a significant problem at this juncture.

Fourth, rags print garbage...and this shouldn't ever make it into a respectable "news" paper.

there's a few things with this:

first the new york post should be sold on the comic book rack next to Superman and Thor...its a complete embarassment.

second, i don't doubt what they're saying at all. It's the regional mentality in these parts (NJ/NY)...people seem to feel (many...not all) that if the seller doesn't come up with some elaborate system to detect theft or "skimming"...then they deserve to be taken advantage of. i disagree completely. Know the difference between right and wrong (its obvious 99.9% of the time) and hold the line.

third, i have a feeling that while this scam is carried out...it is a somewhat outlier and doesn't really represent a significant problem at this juncture.

Fourth, rags print garbage...and this shouldn't ever make it into a respectable "news" paper.

First, I fully agree with you about the Post -> after the whole "Bag Men" incident they should have had their printing license revoked

I would not limit this mentality to the NY/NJ area - there are people like this pretty much everywhere

While it is upsetting I try not to let it get to me too much -> if this is how these people derive self worth then that is more sad than anything

I think you're giving Manhattanites far too much credit. Women marry successful men and think that their time is far too precious to be spent doing simple things like waiting in line. Ironic because these are "stay at home moms" with nannies, cleaning ladies, chefs...but I digress.

I'm a native New Yorker and there's not a doubt in my mind that this is true. I'm shocked its taken someone this long to dream up this scheme.

not buying this for a minute. unless the ride was broken and everyone still waited.

Sorry, I didn't get it notarized. You're just going to have to believe me. Presidents Week on a Saturday. Why would I lie about that?

IF this is true, those people are absolutely pathetic! I personally think that anyone caught doing this should not be allowed back into the parks! :mad:

Sorry, I didn't get it notarized. You're just going to have to believe me. Presidents Week on a Saturday. Why would I lie about that?

Not saying you are lying-- thinking more exaggerating or mistaken. I've been there on plenty of Pres days and don't think I've ever seen that ride more than 20 minutes. I must just be lucky.

DH and I rent ECV's in the parks and there's no way they let handicapped people cut the line as the article claims. Whut a croc!

Not saying you are lying-- thinking more exaggerating or mistaken. I've been there on plenty of Pres days and don't think I've ever seen that ride more than 20 minutes. I must just be lucky.

Spring break, Christmas, and any other fluke day during increasingly busy park times can produce this. It isn't normal but not unusual anymore.

I don't buy this for one minute. If their intent was just to use the handicapped "skip the line" advantage, all they would have to do is rent a wheelchair and put Mom, Dad, or one of the kids in the chair. That would come out MUCH cheaper than what the NY Puke is reporting. You can also go to Guest Services and get a Guest Assistance Card and it is free. Disney does not ask you to prove your disability!! I think it would fall more under the category of a liberal rag trying to create more class warfare.

I don't buy this for one minute. If their intent was just to use the handicapped "skip the line" advantage, all they would have to do is rent a wheelchair and put Mom, Dad, or one of the kids in the chair. That would come out MUCH cheaper than what the NY Puke is reporting. You can also go to Guest Services and get a Guest Assistance Card and it is free. Disney does not ask you to prove your disability!! I think it would fall more under the category of a liberal rag trying to create more class warfare.

So, it's a conspiracy?:confused3

The NY Post while DEFINITELY a rag, is the most conservative (as opposed to liberal) "Paper" in New York.

Similar articles were also found on The Atlantic as well as Gawker today though. I wouldn't put it past some of these Manhattanites to hire people with disabilities and exploit them, as a sort of a grotesquely fashionable thing. These are people who wouldn't be caught dead using a rented ECV themselves. It's deplorable but many of these people don't see anyone outside of their circle as a person. I used to nanny (for a lovely family) but their relatives treated me and as "the help" - assuming I didn't know things, barely could read, wouldn't understand their conversation. The actually family I worked for was humiliated by this, but acknowledged that it was "normal"

Yes I sound all judgey mcjudge, but I mean, COME ON.

Sorry i CALL BS

If the line for Small Worl was 2 1/2 hours which it wasnt even during presidents week, how long of a wait was Peter Pan's Flight 3 days?

I checked the times regularly that week, and MK closed twice due to capacity and the logest line i saw in WDW that week was TSM at 300 minutes not small world, i mean think about it, the queue is no that big. If it were 2 and 1/2 hours the line would be down into Liberty Square. SORRY NOT BUYING IT

So, it's a conspiracy?:confused3

I would not put anything past the NY Post. They are, in my opinion, 1 rung above the National Inquirer. Would you not think it inflammatory for them to use the 1% moniker?

Also, Peter, if you would just look at Dream Tours website you would see that they proved tour guides FOR the disabled, NOT disabled tour guides. Thanks to a slanderous article by the NY Puke, they are no longer offering that service to the disabled.

these women may think they are buying an advantage, but it seemed to me as a handi park goer that the waits were calculated to be equal or nearly so to the wait of anyone in line. we all know they know, how long a line takes and I waited through many a line where it seemed I was held until it might have been my turn had I waited in the regular line. a few seemed to go a little more quickly. I say let them pay for their imagined priviledge.
:rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter