Ollivanders

Stormtrooper mum

Mouseketeer
Hello!

We were last in Florida for Christmas so did olllivanders when it wasn’t the sign up but was a first come first served queue with social distancing. Can anyone tell me current practice? Thanks!

I am anxiously awaiting this answer, too! I have seen some conflicting reports about whether they have gone back to the one party reservation system.

I don’t know if they are back to the standby method or not, but when we there last they had a wizard next to the building under a little umbrella signing parties up for different appointments. You were to return at your time slot and you were the only party. You could even give them a name of who you wanted to be chosen ahead of time.

I don’t know if they are back to the standby method or not, but when we there last they had a wizard next to the building under a little umbrella signing parties up for different appointments. You were to return at your time slot and you were the only party. You could even give them a name of who you wanted to be chosen ahead of time.

Great info! When were you there that you saw this?

I figured I would bump this to the top to see if anyone knew if the process is standby or reservation in the last couple of months.

I figured I would bump this to the top to see if anyone knew if the process is standby or reservation in the last couple of months.

I just asked this same question yesterday so I can help! They are back to the pre-COVID standby of waiting in line (forever) for the experience. No more adding your name to a list and returning. If you're going soon, spring break crowds have meant a line of anywhere from 90-120 min throughout the day.

I just asked this same question yesterday so I can help! They are back to the pre-COVID standby of waiting in line (forever) for the experience. No more adding your name to a list and returning. If you're going soon, spring break crowds have meant a line of anywhere from 90-120 min throughout the day.

So would it be wise to make this a first stop in the morning instead of making rides a priority? Trying to plan at Universal has been so much harder than our usual Disney trips!

So would it be wise to make this a first stop in the morning instead of making rides a priority? Trying to plan at Universal has been so much harder than our usual Disney trips!
That's probably your best bet. Or, you could try later in the evening closer to park close. You'll probably still have a decent wait but it shouldn't be as long as it would mid-day.

here now and I can vouch for this. Thankfully my girls just wanted to buy wands so we haven’t done the show yet. Although we are really disappointed in how poorly they work and are debating returning them. Most spells we can’t get to work at all, even after 10-20 tries and parents trying too. It’s not very fun honestly.

here now and I can vouch for this. Thankfully my girls just wanted to buy wands so we haven’t done the show yet. Although we are really disappointed in how poorly they work and are debating returning them. Most spells we can’t get to work at all, even after 10-20 tries and parents trying too. It’s not very fun honestly.

It is likely that the tip got scratched. Take it in for a repair. They can fix it and it is free.
One hint is to use a pencil eraser to put over the tip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter