Olivia's or Offsite on Arrival Night?

amym2

DIS Veteran
We're staying at OKW, so I made an ADR at Olivia's for 7:10pm. Our flight arrives at 3:49pm and we're renting a car and will need to pick up some groceries on our way from the airport to OKW. Now I'm wondering if it doesn't make more sense to eat offsite instead. Any suggestions for places near OKW? Or would you stick with Olivia's?

I should add that we are not going to parks on this trip, so eating in a park is not an option.

We've enjoyed Olivias many a time. We've also enjoyed off-site many a time. Its kind of up to you as to what you are looking for that night. You can check the Olivia's menu here on the DIS to get an idea of what is offered. As far as off-property goes, you can find anything you can dream of within just a few miles of WDW.

We love Olivia's and would definitely go there over eating off-property. That said, although we don't tend to leave WDW for meals, the one place that we will go off-site for is Bahama Breeze. There is one on SR 535, with a Super WalMart and a Publix right down the street so it would be convenient for you. My advice would be to check out their menus (and those of anywhere else you might be interested in) and decide which you would like best.

Olivia's is great- but I would probably eat offsite. If you're like me, once I am on world, I don't like going off. And since you are staying at OKW, Olivia's is the perfect backup plan for a day you don't want to leave your resort. Odds are, you will end up at Olivia's at some point during your trip.

As far as where to go, I second Bahama Breeze. We also love Sweet Tomatoes.

The Bahama Breeze on 535 is excellent or you could just head to Downtown Disney and eat at Earl of Sandwich, never a bad meal.

We're doing Olivia's for dinner on our arrival night and it's not even our home resort! If you feel like the schedule is tight, though, I'd push your reservation back by an hour.

Thanks for the input, everyone. I think we'll go ahead and stick with Olivia's. We're actually only staying at OKW for two nights and then we're moving to the THV, and the second night at OKW we have ADRs for Cali Grill. So that first night will be a good time to fit in Olivia's. If we're crunched for time I can always go to the grocery store after dinner.

We have eaten at that Bahama Breeze and Sweet Tomatoes and love them both. We'll definitely keep them in mind for later in the week. And we do plan to eat at Earl of Sandwich also.

Hi can I just jump in and ask a quick question please?

We are flying in from England and won't get to OKW until approx 8.30pm. I don't think we would need or want a TS meal, so can anyone tell me what time goods to go is open until please? I think some chicken nuggets and fries before we crash out is all we - and particularly DD would manage!

Thanks for any help :goodvibes

Claire :)

When staying at OKW, it's our arrival night dinner tradition! We love the casual, tropical atmosphere and the food is good. But as you are only a boat ride away from DTD, a miriad of other options await you. 2 weeks ago we ate at eh House of Blues, had a wonderful dinner! Or, as we drive in, eating off-site is another option!

Head out of Disney and at Crossroads pick the left or the right!

Right, Bahama Breeze, Golden Coral, Lone Star Steakhouse........
Left, Olive Garden, NY China Buffet, Chilis's, Giordanos......

The hardest part, deciding where & what to eat!

Good Luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter