Oga's Cantina. What's the big deal?

pepperderr

DIS Veteran
I am not a star wars fan. I can't get into the movies. My sons both have reservations for 6 pm to build a droid and a light saber. I figured I would try to get a reservation for Oga's that day. I did get one for 8:55 pm. I believe the park usually closes at 9 pm. I am wondering what the heck it is going to be like there, especially at that time of night. It looks like it is 90% drinks, most of which is alcohol which my youngest won't be able to have. Would that atmosphere really be that amazing for my 18 yo to enjoy? I am debating whether I should cancel it or not. I understand that you can't go inside the building unless you have reservations. Breakfast seems to only be for AP holders which we are not.

Last edited:
Its like stepping into the set of your favourite movie and being part of that movie. It is a bar with themed drinks. Its a big deal because a Cantina bar features in every Star Wars film and its like a character in its own right. There are non alcoholic drinks too. If your sons want want to build a droid and lightsaber then they know enough about Star Wars to see inside and get a drink.

Also a once and done event for us. It was fun, but not anything we need to rush back and do again. But hope you enjoy the experience!

Also a once and done event for us. It was fun, but not anything we need to rush back and do again. But hope you enjoy the experience!
So we are only charged for whatever drinks we buy in there right? The reservations are just holding our spot. I went for the 8:55 reservation because I know it will not interfere with any ride LL's or anything at that time...or at least I would think not. It will be our second day at HS and we want to try to get as many of the rides in on our first day so that on the second day we can do some shopping and spend a majority of the time at GE even if we get there late. Hopefully, it goes as planned. Galaxy's Edge is the main thing my youngest is interested in going to at Disney World.

So we are only charged for whatever drinks we buy in there right? The reservations are just holding our spot. I went for the 8:55 reservation because I know it will not interfere with any ride LL's or anything at that time...or at least I would think not. It will be our second day at HS and we want to try to get as many of the rides in on our first day so that on the second day we can do some shopping and spend a majority of the time at GE even if we get there late. Hopefully, it goes as planned. Galaxy's Edge is the main thing my youngest is interested in going to at Disney World.
correct, you will only only be charged for the actaul drinks you order.

Some info which might be useful to you.

The majority of the bar is standing, either at the bar or at high cocktail tables.
There are a limited amount of bench seating areas.
You dont get to choose your spot, the host will allocate you a spot
You will share the cocktail table or bench seating with another party
You may be told there is a 2 drink max per person and 45 minute time limit
The bar tender or server may be in character and may not break character
It could be loud , depending on how busy it is
There will be music playing , but its all music from the films so you wont recognize it.
There is an animatronic droid dj playing the music, he used to be in Star Tours
All the drinks have strange names and are pre made, you cant order off menu or ask for substitutes or things to be removed

I am not a star wars fan. I can't get into the movies. My sons both have reservations for 6 pm to build a droid and a light saber. I figured I would try to get a reservation for Olga's that day. I did get one for 8:55 pm. I believe the park usually closes at 9 pm. I am wondering what the heck it is going to be like there, especially at that time of night. It looks like it is 90% drinks, most of which is alcohol which my youngest won't be able to have. Would that atmosphere really be that amazing for my 18 yo to enjoy? I am debating whether I should cancel it or not. I understand that you can't go inside the building unless you have reservations. Breakfast seems to only be for AP holders which we are not.
Are your son's fans? If they are they will enjoy the design and seeing it. It is 99% drinks. They serve two "appetizers" that are not worth half what you pay for them, so skip them. There are some good fun non-alcoholic drinks. My experience is the later in the day it gets, the more fun the atmosphere, especially with the CMs.

There is no breakfast food. The menu is the same all day. I've been in the morning and it was exceptionally boring. CMs just served, there was no fun happening. I won't ever go back in early in the day.

As an AP this is what I see ~
Lunch – 8:30 AM to 3:55 PM
Dinner – 4:00 PM to 10:00 PM

I liked Oga’s more than I thought I would. I do like Star Wars but I don’t drink much alcohol. There are plenty of non-alcoholic drinks for the littles. There’s a lot to look at and the funky music adds some fun energy to the mix. DH and I shared an appie platter—it was expensive but we enjoyed the experience very much.

You go for the atmosphere and experience. The drinks are okay, the food is pretty much non-existent.

I fell asleep watching the original Star Wars trilogy but had fun at Oga’s. I think of it as an interactive show, not a dinner.

At night you’ll probably see lots of people doing photos with their lightsabers in Galaxy’s Edge.

I've been twice and honestly, after the first I was okay with not going again. There are Star Wars fans in my family (me not included), hence the 2 visits. The drinks are all pre-made so no ability to order a "normal" drink, however their drink options are fun. For those who like Star Wars, it is a cool experience and I would definitely recommend it. For non fans, it is still interesting. It's crowded, loud, and you have a limited time inside (45 minutes), which I appreciated!

My sister and I aren't Star Wars fans at all although we're certainly familiar with the franchise and have seen a few of the movies. That being said, we love SWGE and we try to snag a reservation at Oga's every trip. And, btw, neither of us drinks alcohol.

Why do we like it there? Because, as a PP mentioned, it's like being inside a movie. This is Disney at its best--creating an immersive environment that takes you away from ordinary life. In other words: theming. This is why I enjoy so many of the Disney resorts and WDW in general.

If you're not into this sort of thing, you won't get it, but if your sons are Star Wars fans, they will get it and they will appreciate it and enjoy it.

We stood at the bar last time, in May, and watched the bartenders making drinks, so they're not premixed, however, afaik, they don't take off-menu requests. I could be wrong about that since many WDW restaurants take off-menu requests and don't advertise that they do.

There is no food worth thinking about or eating there. Go for the atmosphere, for the fun environment, and for your sons!

And do NOT miss Rise of the Resistance. It's amazing.

Im the biggest Star Wars fan and live for immersion but even I wouldn’t need to go into Ogas more than once every few vacations. And from now on I would just grab a few beers because those “drinks” are mostly juice. It is very cool though. Run your hand Over the blaster holes and look up to see the awesomeness of what the imagineers that worked on it created.

I have never seen Star Wars so I have no interest in going to Oga's. However my friend is a huge Star Wars fan but even she didn't want to go on our last trip. She doesn't drink so she was not interested in spending time in a bar (she didn't want to go to Trader Sam's either). If they had more food options we probably would've tried it but the food they do have not only looks unappealing but my friend cannot eat the charcuterie board due to personal reasons (she does not eat pork). The final deciding factor for us was the fact that there is no guaranteed seating. Having to stand after walking around in a hot, crowded theme park didn't sound fun to us. It looks like a cool experience for fans but it doesn't look like something I would be into.

I am not a star wars fan. I can't get into the movies. My sons both have reservations for 6 pm to build a droid and a light saber. I figured I would try to get a reservation for Olga's that day. I did get one for 8:55 pm. I believe the park usually closes at 9 pm. I am wondering what the heck it is going to be like there, especially at that time of night. It looks like it is 90% drinks, most of which is alcohol which my youngest won't be able to have. Would that atmosphere really be that amazing for my 18 yo to enjoy? I am debating whether I should cancel it or not. I understand that you can't go inside the building unless you have reservations. Breakfast seems to only be for AP holders which we are not.

As for non alcoholic drinks-
My 15 year old son and oldest son's girlfriend had carbon freezes- fun drink. My first time I had a cliff dweller but was disappointed that the orange was stronger than the ginger ale. Next time around I enjoyed a Blue Bantha.

They do pack 'em in- we got lucky our first visit and were seated with a very nice couple. Exchanged advice about the parks.

I would enjoy the craziness of Oga's atmosphere (my crew took a stroll to watch how the carbon freeze glasses were filled) and then head to the Millennium Falcon for some great pictures in the dark with the light sabers!!

It's "Oga's" Cantina, not "Olga's" Cantina.

She's an alien, not a Russian grandma.
I had no idea. We were debating about which Star Wars movies I should watch so I can kinda figure out what this whole thing is about. I am not sure which one we started with but I don't think I made it halfway through the movie. It is too confusing to me. I am sure my husband and kids will enjoy it.

I had no idea. We were debating about which Star Wars movies I should watch so I can kinda figure out what this whole thing is about. I am not sure which one we started with but I don't think I made it halfway through the movie. It is too confusing to me. I am sure my husband and kids will enjoy it.
I was just teasing.

For what it's worth, "Oga's Cantina" isn't from any of the movies. It's something out of the Star Wars world, but it's not like it's a specific location or character that appeared in a film.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter