Old Navy closing?

MerryPoppins

<font color=coral>I posted around Woo Hooty time<b
Sorry if there's already been a thread on this...I've been out with the flu and may have missed it.

My mom heard that Old Navy is closing and the stores will become Gaps. I know they are owned by the same company. Anyone know anything about this? A timeline maybe? And will they be having a big sale?

My kids are going to hate this. They love ON jeans. They say ones from The Gap don't fit the same.

I did some googling and don't find anything on that. The Gap website does have a news article from last month saying the person in charge of Old Navy is stepping down though.

I saw something about this on aol the other day. It was talking about all kinds of places most likely to close down and old navy was one of them. Unsure if you would be able to find anything now about this. I will miss Old Navy too! My checkbook may not!:laughing:

oh man that would not be good. I love old navy toddler clothes. I was googling around and only found specific old navy stores closing not the company as a whole. We'll see what happens.

This was a story on AOL Headlines last week. They were speculating on brands that will probably become obsolete and listed companies like Old Navy, Motorola, and Circuit City. I think the article was based on speculation and not on an actual business plan at this point (but I could be wrong!). It said that since Old Navy had the weakest store sales, they may start replacing them with Gap.

Okay. Glad to hear it's not anything that's necessarily happening soon.

There was an article, that I thought was a pretty bad one at that, that discussed businesses 'likely' to close down by the end of 2008. Old navy was one of them, but so were companies like vonage and others and I really didn't buy most of it. Though I do think old navy is doing pretty badly, I only buy from them during major clearance sales and I can't say I really like most of their lines. And i'm kindof mad at them beacause in the past they made nice bathing suits and now all they make is halter bathing suits. GRR :mad:

tricia.

I have $200 in gift cards to Old Navy I guess I should go buy the kids summer clothes just in case.

A friend the other day said had heard that the old navy store in our mall was closing. An it's only been open for a few years:confused3

My SIL is a manager at Old Navy and I've heard nothing about this. She actually works in the store where the corp. offices are. She's getting a promotion and raise starting within the next month, which was a counter offer when she told them she was moving on to greener pastures. I'm sure if they were closing she'd have heard about it.

One of the busier ON's in my area - in a strip mall with a Lowe's & a Wal-Mart - just closed out of the blue about 2 weeks ago. At first, I thought they were just renovating, but then the ON logo came off the front of the building and a "For Lease" sign popped up!:eek:

I used to LOVE Old Navy for myself and for kids clothes. Lately, I only buy kids clothes, always on clearance of course, but even so, I have only purchased a few shirts here and there. Anymore, the quality has gone down, but the prices have gone up. I used to spend tons of money there for myself. Not anymore. The shirts are sooo thin and they are more $$. The flip flops are totally different than the ones I got 3 years ago and LOVED.

I used to LOVE Old Navy for myself and for kids clothes. Lately, I only buy kids clothes, always on clearance of course, but even so, I have only purchased a few shirts here and there. Anymore, the quality has gone down, but the prices have gone up. I used to spend tons of money there for myself. Not anymore. The shirts are sooo thin and they are more $$. The flip flops are totally different than the ones I got 3 years ago and LOVED.

I agree with you! I've been so disappointed in there stuff that I don't shop there anymore. I can pay the same prices at a much higher quality name brand store instead.

Hmm don't think so, especially with Todd Oldham getting a top spot at ON. The article does say the chain is struggling. And I can attest that I used to LOVE Old Navy, but my store has been a disaster area of late and I can't even stand to step in there. :scared1:

http://money.cnn.com/2008/03/11/magazines/fortune/road_warrior_oldham.fortune/

Oh, I know! Ours is horrible!! Piles and piles of clothes, most of them ugly!! Not, like, high fashion meant to be ugly, but will be $1.97 next week ugly. If I do go, I only go to the kids' side and just glance at the clearance, which really isn't that great these days.

I hate the new flip-flops. They rub against my instep, and my little toe looks like it's going to jump ship any minute!! I miss the original Old Navy!

I know that sometime within the last three months, Old Navy closed all of their outlet stores and turned them into regular retail stores. I was pretty disapointed, as I tended to like the outlet styles better than the retail styles. Also, the outlet prices were a little better than the retail.

I wouldn't be shocked. When they first opened the clothes were good quality for reasonable prices. Now they are made of the cheapest stuff and are more expensive. They are like disposable clothing. Wear them once and wash them and they shrink or look like you wore them for 10 years. I also am not a fan of the styles anymore. I can pay less money for designer clothes at TJ Maxx or clearance at Macys then I pay at ON. I think they need to revamp their system. JMHO.

There were 2 ON in our town until last month, they closed the smaller of the 2, and it had been downsized from its original size within the last few years. We were just in the remaining one last week, and were very dissapointed with the quality and selection for summer clothes - especially the kids!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter