old MAGIC BANDS added to NEW ticket

Are you connecting them to same people? Meaning- is the old magic band connected to the new ticket for the same person? In your MDE account it already shows all your old magic bands and your tickets are automatically linked to all your previous magic bands.

Are you connecting them to same people? Meaning- is the old magic band connected to the new ticket for the same person? In your MDE account it already shows all your old magic bands and your tickets are automatically linked to all your previous magic bands.

YES, it is to the same person....keep getting an error :(

Maybe it is already connected lol

YES, it is to the same person....keep getting an error :(

Maybe it is already connected lol
Yes... Once a band is linked and assigned to a person, it stays linked and assigned to that person. Just add/link the new ticket to the person on the next trip and you're all set... any bands or cards already assigned to that person will be usable by that person for the currently linked ticket or resort stay...

Example... We took a trip last year, and had cards, bands and tickets linked... This year we go, and I buy a ticket, I just assign the ticket to me, and those past bands and tickets will work, without doing anything additional with the bands. IF we did Room+Ticket this year, I could use last years band for the door, park entry, etc.

And you can't un-link a band, and re-link it. And there is no way to re-assign a band to someone else either. So like I can't take the Epcot 35 band which is linked and assigned to me, and unlink it or re-assign it to my son. Its stuck with me.

Well, you don't connect a Magic Band to a ticket.

You should have people set up in your My Disney Experience account.

You assign a Magic Band to a person.

You assign a ticket to a person.

As PP said, if that Magic Band has already been assigned to a person, it cannot be re-assigned to a new person.

On a computer, go to DisneyWorld.Com and log into your account

Hover over My Disney Experience

Click on My MagicBands and Cards

Scroll down until you find the name of the appropriate person

Next to that person's name, it will show the number of Magic Bands or cards assigned to that person

Click on that number

It will now list all of the Magic Bands and cards (tickets) assigned to that person

For each Magic Band, it will say either "active" or "inactive"

Underneath that will be the number which appears on the back of the Magic Band. You can look at the Magic Band you want to use, and see if it is on the list for this person; if it is not, you can go back and see if it is on the list for a different person.

Ticket cards also will be listed, so you can check them as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!