Old Key West wine seminar.

Discussion in 'DVC-Mousecellaneous' started by a742246, May 20, 2018.

1. a742246

a742246 And, and, and I caught a fish this big!

Did anyone book the DVC member Old Key West wine seminar at Olivia's on Sundays? How did you like it?

2. Disney & ME

Disney & ME Disney Veteran

I am wwondering this as well. We have this booked for May 27. I will post a review afterwards.

TinkTatoo and a742246 like this.
  3. Avatar

DIS Sponsor Disney Vacation Club Resales www.dvcstore.com

4. 2xcited2sleep

2xcited2sleep DIS Veteran

Also curious to hear reviews - interested in this or perhaps the one at Jiko. Tried to get one of the beverage tastings at Top of the World Lounge for an October trip but was unfortunately sold out.

5. BEASLYBOO

BEASLYBOO OKW/Disney... my happy place.

It bums me out, these are only offered on Sundays, that's always my departure day.

6. Spartan86

Spartan86 DIS Veteran

We enjoyed the Jiko event. Overall I thought it was nicely done. Our CM was good, not outstanding but broadened our minds and palettes a bit. I would do it again.

a742246 and 2xcited2sleep like this.
  7. a742246

We have this booked for November, if you can post your review, we would appreciate it. Thank you!

8. Simba's Mom

Simba's Mom <font color=green>everything went to "H*** in a ha

Ironically, we just returned from OKW and never saw a mention of this. Yet, they called several times to remind us of the Wednesday morning tour and fun run. But there was never a mention of the wine seminar. Sunday was the fourth day of our stay-we didn't get T&T either.

9. halld6479

halld6479 DIS Veteran

we are going on the 27th i will post afterwards

a742246 likes this.
  10. halld6479

halld6479 DIS Veteran

We went to the okw wine Sunday it was great, ladies knew there wines, little disappointed no German wines were presented you got a flute of wine going into the room and then there were 4 more wine glasses on the table 2 red to white the pairs were good. They even came by to refill any wine you had finished so I suggest unless you are a person that can drink basically 5+ glasses in an hour dont plan much after wards. It was fun I would do it again

a742246 and 2xcited2sleep like this.
  11. 2xcited2sleep

2xcited2sleep DIS Veteran

Thanks for sharing your experience. It sounds great! I hope DVC continues to offer this and even expand to other resorts- doesn’t have to be wine tasting (though I like that!). I really appreciate the different activities and options for DVC members. Thanks again!

12. bartleyosu

bartleyosu Ohio State Mouse Fan

CAn you book if you are resale not direct owner?

13. Spartan86

Spartan86 DIS Veteran

For a post 4/2016 resale only owner I don’t think so. It is listed as a member benefit and you must call MS to book.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2018
  14. Disney & ME

Disney & ME Disney Veteran

We too went to the Olivia's event on Sunday and really enjoyed it. The vibe was very low key and talkative as the wine flowed but the sommelier and presenters were excellent. The sommelier knew her wines and shared some good tips. They had us try the wines with our plate of fruit, cheese, bread and prosciutto to see how the tastes differed. They even poured refills if you liked a particular wine. We were surprised that we also got a sample plate of tomatoes and cheese, conch fritters and chocolate mousse. All in all better than the Reunion Station event we did the following day and which I will post a review later.

2xcited2sleep likes this.
  15. a742246

Just want to report that we attended the wine seminar at OKW and it was fabulous. As others have stated wine and appetizers were excellent.

Well worth attending!

16. IrishEye

IrishEye Sláinte mhaith!

Has anyone been able to book any 2019 dates ?

17. CarolMN

CarolMN DVC Co-Moderator Moderator

Went this afternoon. Food pairings were very good and the sommeliers very interesting. Would do again. Well worth the price.

They are planning a mixology seminar beginning in January. Look for booking to begin next week or the week after. They also plan to hold the seminars on days other than Sunday, to avoid Olivias popular brunch.

18. Lakegirl

Lakegirl DIS Veteran

Great to hear. Hope they keep it up for 2019 as we will be there in August.

19. Spartan86

Spartan86 DIS Veteran

We called about a February date and the CM said nothing was showing after December.

20. CarolMN

CarolMN DVC Co-Moderator Moderator

That's because they are moving away from Sundays and adding a mixology seminar. Booking should be available later this month.

21. Spartan86

Spartan86 DIS Veteran

Thanks Carol, I obviously missed your post above.