Old, Abandoned Hotel off of 192 and I-4

Thanks for providing that link .
those guys are brave or crazy .
They should enter that in one of those documentary film festivals exactly as it is . It was very interesting and so much more that words can not describe.

Last edited:
Bright Sun Films just posted a YouTube video about the history of this location and what it looks like today.

Just search for "Astonishing ABANDONED Florida Resort Near Disney" on YouTube. They walk inside the building as it stands today. Pretty fascinating stuff, but so sad too.
Thank you for sharing! Sad to see this, we stayed there in 2010, the lobby was so huge! The room was ok, but for the price we got it for, I wasn’t going to complain!

Enjoyed reading all of the comments this eve! I also stayed at this hotel in 1985/86 during my family’s first trip to WDW. Will have to ask mom for the specific details as I do remember EPCOT was open. We moved to nearby Lakeland in 1990, and visited WDW frequently. I always thought of our first visit every time we drove by. Always sad to see a piece of ones childhood deteriorate.

I moved from Tennessee and worked at Disney from ‘79 - ‘81. lived in Kissimmee not far from the old Hyatt. On June 20th 1980, I attended the Sugar Ray Leonard / Roberto Duran pay-per-view fight in the convention center here at the Hyatt. I remember it was Leonard’s first professional loss and the place was packed and quite excited. Also, at that time with no cell phones, I had no land line phone so every Sunday night I would go to the Hyatt and use their pay phone to call my parents to check in once a week. Good memories of this place.

Not sure if I see this doing well or not. There's already Pointe Orlando off International Drive. Sunset Walk is further down 192 near Margaritaville. It's so close to Disney Springs, why not just go there? The area around this location is pretty built up with lots of restaurants and stores already. Not to mention the Vineland Outlets just north of it.

Not sure if I see this doing well or not. There's already Pointe Orlando off International Drive. Sunset Walk is further down 192 near Margaritaville. It's so close to Disney Springs, why not just go there? The area around this location is pretty built up with lots of restaurants and stores already. Not to mention the Vineland Outlets just north of it.
I think all it's success will depend on the folks staying there in the hotels. I personally would have no interest in going to it, especially given the area of 192 / Old Town that is there.

I get the proximity to Disney is great, and the land is real estate in need of TLC but surely there could be better ideas out there. Something unique that might draw people in. Right now the renderings are quite boring.

NOW ..... perhaps they have insight ................. it is rumored that the Brightline's closest stop to Disney on it's way to Tampa will be at I-4 and 192. If that happens that gives life to this corner.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter