Okw purchasing ?

prune1977

DIS Veteran
Ok I'm looking at an Oct use year it comes with 557 PTs then I receive another 300 PTs in Oct 14. So it's a 300 pt contract. What's a good price ppt for such a contract? They're asking 72 per pt which seems high to me. Am I right or wrong in this thinking? I offered 60 per pt then they countered with 70. Isn't that too much for okw?

IMO that would have been a "too high" price a year and a half ago. Now, 70 seems reasonable. It really boils down to whether you want to spend the $21k on this contract or not. This is the essence of what sets the market.

Could you maybe find one better priced if you wait? Sure. Would it be less loaded? Probably. Will someone else take this contract at $70 if you don't? In the current market, they may already have done so if it is listed with a major broker.

Remember that the same contract through Disney direct would cost $39k.

I think too often people get caught up in $5-10 on DVC resale without considering what they are really saving versus the direct purchase route.

In the end, it's your money. But for what it's worth, in my opinion you may have a long wait looking for something similarly loaded at or below that price point currently.

Wow. If I had an extra $21K It would be a no-brainer for me. All those available points!

Good luck with your decision!

What's a good price ppt for such a contract? They're asking 72 per pt which seems high to me. Am I right or wrong in this thinking? I offered 60 per pt then they countered with 70. Isn't that too much for okw?

a good price is going to fluctuate. even if your offer is perfectly reasonable, if the seller doesn't want to sell for that amount, you're not going to get the contract. a lot depends on how willing you and the seller are to wait for a better deal...

Well, based on the logic I've read on other threads, you should have offered them at least $78 a point because of the banked points. The stripped contract threads always suggest $10 a point less for each year of missing points (which I think is absurd).

You have to think about when you plan to sell as well. Would you be upset if someone offered you 17% less than you were asking? If you had offered $66 a point, that would be just under 10% less than they were asking. Plus they will be paying the commission on the sale, too. They want to get as much as they can.

Who would be paying the 2013/12 MF's? if it is the Seller than the $70 is reasonable because you are starting out with a loaded contract and can get 2 2BR Villas at OKW for next summer. To make you feel better that would be about $10 off of the $70 counter The OKW prices have soared, I was lucky enough to lock in @ $51 just 12 months ago. 300 points is perfect size for OKW as well.

With those points $70 dollars is more than fair. There is always some person on here who post about this incredible deal of 55 per point for a loaded contract with banked points, but those are super hard to find. Like Yeti hard to find ;). If the seller is paying the dues and your first dues will not be due till Jan 14 then I say buy it.
But I just paid 78 per point at SSR for a 175 point contract that had all 12 points banked into 13 UY (Dec).

Thanks for all the replies, that's why I was asking, I wasn't sure what a fair price was for that type of contract

Whew! I think that's a rather good deal. We preferred to break up our contracts into smaller ones, and paid more than 21K to do that, but if OKW without an extension (assuming here that this is what was offered) is what you'd like to own, I think it's a good buy. If it's extended, it's a really good buy!

When purchasing anything on a secondary market (used house, used car etc) fair is relative. If you and the buyer can find a price that makes both of you happy, that is really what matters. Someone outside the transaction may feel a price is too high/low, but they dont have the same taste/desire/resources that you might.

They asked 72, you offered 60 and they countered with 70. My guess (if I was involved in the process as a buyer) is they are looking at 66-68 (closer to 68) as a max they feel is fair for their contract. Getting a contract with banked points under 70 in the current environment is what I would consider in the "fair" range.

Best of luck with whatever you decide.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter