OKW Needlework Picture

RumpleMom

DIS Veteran
I would love to do a counted cross stitch or needlepoint picture of OKW, possibly of the lighthouse or Hospitality House.

Does anyone have a pattern or know if one is available?

It's been a while since I've cross stitched, however I remember there were companies that could create a pattern for you from a photograph (or postcard). I thought about doing my kids but because I had kids I had no time to cross stitch, funny how life does that to you, huh?
Anyway, check out some craft or cross stitch magazines, they would be your best resource for finding such a service.

Ok, a shameless bump.

I'm still thinking about creating some sort of artwork.

I also knit: sweaters, afghans, etc.

Has anyone incorporated your DVC into artwork? I have been following the decorating thread, but I'm thinking a little differently, more along the lines of something to frame.

I've been trying to turn a picture of the OKW lighthouse into a cross stitch chart using Cross-Stitch Designer software, but so far I'm not too happy with the results. It's an older program; I'm thinking I need to upgrade to something newer.

I'm refering to the thread called "DVC Inspired Decorating" started by dvc reg. Sorry I don't know how to do a link.

What company makes the software to chart cross stitch?

Just for Christmas I got my MIL and SIL something from Stitch-a-Photo. I had to send in a picture and they sent back a paper with a "pattern". I am not a stitcher so forgive me for not having the proper term LOL. Anyway, I ordered it on QVC (I had to call in could not do it online and they gave the item #) but I also found a website (I forget it now SORRY!!) and on the website it listed it as being available at Michaels or AC Moore.

I was able to get counted cross stitch or needlepoint. You just send in a photo. They can crop it or whatever and I believe it gave a thread color chart as well. It was really neat and they seemed to really like it. For MIL I gave a picture of DS kissing Mickey's nose at Chef Mickey's when we were there last September. I hope she does it and gives it back to me:D

Good luck, hope this helps!!

dvcfamily41801

For MIL I gave a picture of DS kissing Mickey's nose at Chef Mickey's when we were there last September. I hope she does it and gives it back to me

I like the way you think!!!!!!

Can you imagine the castle from one of those "kodak" angles with the fireworks overhead done in cross stitch? GORGEOUS! I wish I had time to do that type of hand work....but maybe I could quilt it......much faster!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts