OKW balconies on all studios ??

Stitches12

Corning, NY - The Home of Glass
Hi -

We are staying at OKW in a studio unit in October. We have done this once before. I assumed that ALL studio units have a balcony but I just read in the "Unofficial Guide" that some don't ??

Can someone clarify this for me - I thought they all had balconies, we really need one.

Thanks,

I have never heard of any studios at OKW not having a balcony.

VWL and BWV yes - OKW no.

Thanks a lot Spicey - I didn't think there were any without balconies. They state on most every piece of literature that they have balconies. Maybe they're talking about the 1st floor units - maybe they call that a patio or something.

Thanks for the clarification - we count on the balcony because the 9 year old goes to bed way before we need to and we look forward to that hour or so outside with a beer !!

Thanks again,

The OKW Studio balcony isn't very big, maybe 4 or 5' square?. Just big enough for a small chair and a little table.

The OKW Studio balcony isn't very big, maybe 4 or 5' square?. Just big enough for a small chair and a little table.

it is just as big as the main balcony at the other WDW DVC resorts. One thing I don't like about going to the other WDW DVC resorts.

Now BCV does have a bigger one in some units. So does BWV.

2 chairs and the little table fit just fine.

Even the 1st floor studios at OKW have a balcony, and not a patio. They all have railings etc.

Here is a photo of our ground floor balcony in an OKW studio last month.
Flowerandgarden07002.jpg

Thanks for the picture Diane. Seems there's not much of a view from the 1st floor. I'm wondering if the first floor units tend to be more "buggy" because of their close proximation to the ground ?

I've requested an upper floor but you never know if you'll get it.

Thanks,

Thanks for the picture Diane. Seems there's not much of a view from the 1st floor. I'm wondering if the first floor units tend to be more "buggy" because of their close proximation to the ground ?

I've requested an upper floor but you never know if you'll get it.

Thanks,
Didn't notice bugs so much, but we had tree frogs! That particular studio did not have much of a view, and a lot of the studios on the first floor are surrounded by vegetation.

Didn't notice bugs so much, but we had tree frogs!
Add us to the list of those ground floor OKW'ers who've had a few frogs as visitors as well :)
The ground floor studios are on the ends of the buildings and have very lush vegetation/shrubs all around. If I had a studio, I'd want an upper floor, barring the stairs wouldn't be a problem for anyone.

it is just as big as the main balcony at the other WDW DVC resorts. One thing I don't like about going to the other WDW DVC resorts.

Now BCV does have a bigger one in some units. So does BWV.

2 chairs and the little table fit just fine.

I am questioning the size of the balcony on a studio. Deb & Bill said that the studio was big enough for a chair and small 'patio' table. This was the case in the studio that my DH and I stayed in last August. However, SpicyCat, you are stating that the balconies are the same size as the other DVC resorts? Are the studio balconies different sizes??? There was no way that two of us could fit comortably on the balcony let alone both of us sit (especially since there was only one chair). Can anyone clarify the balcony sizes at OKW?

However, SpicyCat, you are stating that the balconies are the same size as the other DVC resorts? Are the studio balconies different sizes??? There was no way that two of us could fit comortably on the balcony let alone both of us sit (especially since there was only one chair). Can anyone clarify the balcony sizes at OKW?
I think Spicey was responding to Deb & Bills comment that the OKW studio balcony "isn't that big". She was saying it's about the same size as the other DVC studio balconies. I had a studio at BWV. The sizes are about the same, but the shapes are different. OKW is a small square balcony, while VWL/BWV are small and more rectangle in shape. Neither fits not much more than 2 chairs and a small table. I actually prefer the OKW shape a bit more. It's really just a preference.

And the studio balcony is no where near the size of the one or two bedroom porch. That has a full sized patio table with four chairs and you still have tons of room. A door from the master bedroom and one from the dining room.

The studio porch is square at OKW, while at BWV,BCV and VWL it is more rectangle. And the one at SSR is a bit larger than the ones at the BWV, BCV and VWL.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts