OKW 2BR - Location vs. Renovated Unit?

lat

DIS Veteran
DVC Gold
We are staying at OKW for the Memorial Day Long Weekend. I just saw that the units in building 30-33 have been renovated. I saw some pictures. Personally, I like the units closer to the HH. Is the renovated units that much nicer than the original ones? We will have a car, but I like the proximity to HH and in case if we take the bus, we get dropped off at the first stop (I think it is the first stop, right).

Any other benefit in staying in those 30ish buildings beside the refurbished rooms?

Thanks

I like the renovated rooms. The old ones are getting long in the tooth. Many think they've lost some theming,which they have, but there's nice splashes of colour. There's photos on a recent TripAdvisor review.

Checked with my family, they want to try the new room if we can get it. We will see. We are fine either way. Just excited to go back to Disney

Unless they pick up the pace significantly, the odds of getting a refurbished room are not good...

Good to know, I am not particularly picky in the choice of resorts, as long as I am on property and it is a deluxe or DVC property

We don’t spend a lot of time in the unit. Now that my kids are older, we want the space more than before, so a 2 br is our first criteria and then we see what is available. It is becoming harder and harder to find a time when we can all go and it is impossible to plan ahead to pick the resort we really want to try. Luckily, we love OKW and those 2 queen beds in the 2nd bedroom without having to use a pull out sofa.

Checked with my family, they want to try the new room if we can get it. We will see. We are fine either way. Just excited to go back to Disney

When I was there a few weeks ago, buildings 53-56 (Southpoint area) were being refurbed. The whole section was closed off, including the pool and the path to Disney Springs. There was a sign at the Disney Springs end (near the bridge to the Treehouses) that indicated the path was closed until Feb 19th. That would lead me to believe that those buildings would probably open then.

Numbered lower than 30 means you do not have the door through the laundry room to the master bathroom. Unless they are going to change that with the renovations.

For us, we'd go for location and view over a renovated unit. We were at OKW last January, before the rehabs began, and our unit didn't seem bad.

We are staying at OKW for the Memorial Day Long Weekend. I just saw that the units in building 30-33 have been renovated. I saw some pictures. Personally, I like the units closer to the HH. Is the renovated units that much nicer than the original ones? We will have a car, but I like the proximity to HH and in case if we take the bus, we get dropped off at the first stop (I think it is the first stop, right).

Any other benefit in staying in those 30ish buildings beside the refurbished rooms?

Thanks
The Hospitality House stop is the last stop before you leave OKW for your designation. The Penisular Road stop is the first one and is just past the bridge (past HH). We stayed in building 11 across the street and used the HH stop to leave the resort and then got off at Penisular Road and and walked the short distance back.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter