Okay, we've got our Britain dates and places pretty much set!

Rajah

DIS Veteran
We've got our reservations for all but two nights, and have inquiries out to those two. Here's our plan:

Apr 29 & 30, London

May 1 & 2, London near Hampton Court Palace

May 3, near Bath, England

May 4-8 Cotswolds, England
(going to the Kingsmaker's Feast themed dinner at Warwick castle on the 6th :cheer2: )

May 9, Cardiff, Wales

May 10-13, Betws-y-Coed, Snowdonia, Wales

May 14, Loch Lomond, Scotland
(Still finalizing, but looks like it probly will be Balloch)

May 15, Somewhere near the town of Glencoe

May 16, Iverness, Scotland, near Loch Ness

May 17, Pitlochry, Perthshire, Scotland, near Blair Castle

May 18, 19, Edinburgh, Scotland, near Edinburgh Castle

I think we're going to have a great time, but I think we're going to be walking zombies by the time we get back. LOL! We have one total down-day (nothing planned at all but resting and eating) in the Cotswolds, and one in Snowdonia, so hopefully that will help.

KayleeUK said:
Looks great :) Not near us though.
Yeah Kaylee -- we're having to plan a second trip if at all possible, and Devon is on our list for the second trip. Along with York, Dover, the lake district...

That would be fun, even if it will probly be several years in the future. Hehe.

Sounds fantastic ~ If you fancy a Dis meet in Edinburgh just let me know :goodvibes

Actually that might be fun, Minnie! Question is when and where... We'll be coming from Blair Castle and Stirling Castle on the 18th, then the 19th we hope to hit Rosslin Chapel, Edinburgh Castle, the Royal Mile, and the Museum of Scotland (is that right? The one by the castle that has the Pictish stones) and if we (laugh laugh) have time, Holyrood. Our B&B is about a 10 minute walk from the Castle, so that'll help I think.

Rajah said:
Actually that might be fun, Minnie! Question is when and where... We'll be coming from Blair Castle and Stirling Castle on the 18th, then the 19th we hope to hit Rosslin Chapel, Edinburgh Castle, the Royal Mile, and the Museum of Scotland (is that right? The one by the castle that has the Pictish stones) and if we (laugh laugh) have time, Holyrood. Our B&B is about a 10 minute walk from the Castle, so that'll help I think.

If you pm me when you are sure of your plans. I live nearer Glasgow than Edinburgh and wouldn't mind coming through and meeting up with you. There are plenty of places near the Castle to grab a coffee and have a chat :goodvibes

Don't forget to tell us all how you got on.

Have a great time.

Susan

Rajah said:
We've got our reservations for all but two nights, and have inquiries out to those two. Here's our plan:

Apr 29 & 30, London

May 1 & 2, London near Hampton Court Palace

May 3, near Bath, England

May 4-8 Cotswolds, England
(going to the Kingsmaker's Feast themed dinner at Warwick castle on the 6th :cheer2: )

May 9, Cardiff, Wales

May 10-13, Betws-y-Coed, Snowdonia, Wales

May 14, Loch Lomond, Scotland
(Still finalizing, but looks like it probly will be Balloch)

May 15, Somewhere near the town of Glencoe

May 16, Iverness, Scotland, near Loch Ness

May 17, Pitlochry, Perthshire, Scotland, near Blair Castle

May 18, 19, Edinburgh, Scotland, near Edinburgh Castle

Don't forget to check out my Great Great Aunt, Dame Clara Butt when your at Warwick :thumbsup2

Remind me nearer the time and when you are in Cardiff, if I am around would you like to meet up for a quick coffee in Cardiff City Centre, it will take me exactly 5 mins to get there if its a work day and 10 if it is a weekend.:)

Loads of congratulations Rajah, I know how long you've been working on it. I really hope the UK lives up to your expectations :)

I've just realised the days you are in Scotland are during the week. Not sure I will be able to get away from work. If you remind me nearer the time I will see if I can manage something.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter