Okay, Poppers ...

blondinkaya

DIS Veteran
... I read on one of the threads about requesting rooms. I had no idea I could do this (can you tell I'm a complete Disney newbie?).

What decade/building would you recommend and why? And do I just call the resort and request a particular room? When do I do it? I'm totally clueless.

BTW, I'll be there from 18-23 September. I'm probably more excited about it than my kids!

Thanks!

You can request a certain building by calling up Central Reservations and having it noted on your reservation. I stayed in the 50's section twice. I found it to be a good location, close to a quiet pool and also close to the main pool and food court.

I second what robin said, we have stayed in the 50's building three times and loved it, nice and quiet for us! However people are generally happy whichever they get I'd think, as long as the walk isn't to long to Everything Pop! 50's lakeside or poolside is a good bet :thumbsup2 .

We stayed 70's last fall - was great! Actually Kristina's right, most are happy in whatever section they stay at.

Check out SPJammer's post here: (1/3 down the page)
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1424996&page=6

Great sky shots of the Pop Century resort. It'll give you an idea of where you might want to request. Just remember that about 5-6 days before you leave (Sept. 18 - same day as us!!!) phone the Pop Century directly and ask for a room request. That can't guarantee anything, but will try to accomodate.

Good Luck and see you there!

We've stayed in the 70's building:flower3: and the 80's building.:3dglasses They were both great, but we preferred the 80's location. I think it was one of the furthest buildings away, but was still a really close walk to the main area, but not right in the 'main stream' of all the noise and crowd. Anywhere you get in the resort, you are only about a 5 minute walk from everything.

Have fun!:)

ROOM 4444
I'm not sure if this building falls in the "preferred" price catergory...
But we loved it.. lakeview.. close walk to the lobby and main area.
DD loved playdoh at the time.... so we HAD to stay in the giant playdoh
building.
The whole resort is nice... love the outer walk way... quiet, peaceful... and COLORFUL:thumbsup2 from the building of course

Just back we stayed in the 6O's and had room 4th floor room 5429 facing the lake and loved it , not far to walk and quiet too.

You just call Disney and ask them to put your request on your reservation (don't call the hotel directly). You're not guaranteed to get what you want, though. I've requested 70's each time and got it twice (first and last times). The middle time I got 50's instead, but didn't mind. 50's was nice, too.

Were I you, I would not put in a request for a particular area. Sometimes that's just a set up for disappointment if you are not given your request. We were assigned to the 50's section in February and would love to be reassigned there for our upcoming August trip. We did not, however, make the request because I see so many people saying different sections are great (as this thread is doing) and I might be happily surprised by the 80's or elsewhere.

I think it is different at some of the other resorts, but POP seems to have a great layout for everyone.

Just my two cents.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter