Okay I want to join- how do I??

lustergirl

DIS Veteran
I have come to the decision that I need to lose weight. I have tried so many times before only to fail. I have been sick recently with bronchitis so no exercising for me. Before that I was working 60 hours a week- too tired to do anything. I come to the realization that things happen beyond our control. Last year when we to Disney I was so out of shape that the walking really put a toll on me. We have exactly 5 months before our next trip. I would like to lose at least 30 pounds and be able to walk at least 5 miles a day. I have been going back to exercise, starting this week. I go to a local Ladies Workout Express. I went to Curves last year and after awhile of going I couldn't lose anymore. Ladies Workout Express is like Curves but more intense. The machines there are altered between low, medium, and high resistance on certain days. I believe that Curves stay at one workout level. On my non- workout days I am trying to squeeze a walk in between. I would like to get up to that 5 miles a day walking. I have started back to drinking my water and trying to stay away from the snacks. I have also began to eat more fruits and veggies. I feel really bad about the way I have let myself go. I look at last year's disney pictures and I look so big!!!!!!!

I would really like to join WISH- how do I do this??

:welcome: :welcome: i see by your clippie you are 'officially' a WISHer and ready to hop on the wagon with the biggest bestest LOSERS anywhere! and being in the monthly challenge will most certainly motivate your walking feet. looks like you are on your way! if you are still unclear about the WISH board follow the link in my signature for more info - but mainly we are here to support, encourage, inspire each other and hold one another accountable for the steps needed to reach each own's goal.

do you know our WISH motto? "Onward and downward" that means forgiving yourself for the place you are at now and only having positive conversations with yourself about what the future holds. some days are easier than others, some days are just plain hard. never give up -- the journey will bring you to a healthy happier you and you deserve it!

:thumbsup2 Onward & Downward! :thumbsup2 It looks like you already have joined us and begun to make great changes in your life! I second OhMom's advice for joining a monthly challenge, it makes me really want to show results under my name! Your goal is doable, so join in, drink some water, get on your feet, and Get R Done, we're cheering you on :cheer2: :cheer2: !

Kelly

Thanks people!! So I have posted the April Exercise Challenge under my name. What does this exactly mean? I exercise every day so I am doing a great job anyways!!!!!!!!

there is an actual April exercise challenge thread here -- post on this in term of minutes your goal for exercise. not much of April left so account for that and watch for the May challenge for a new month. you'll see in the first post where the 'host' for that month posts who is in the challenge, where they are at now, and their goal. for example, i have completed 945 of my 1500 mins for this month so i would read:

ohmom 945/1500

some report in daily, i was having a hard time being consistent with that so i made a real simple excel spreadsheet to keep track of my time and report in about once a week, whatever works for you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!