Okay, I goofed...

nswift

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the
We are on the 7nt Magic on the 27th did not buy the Safe Sea as planned. Does anyone know where they sell it in Port Canaveral? Would they have it where the town cars make the grocery stops? My kids and I have experienced jelly fish larvae stings in the past and it is the only thing they have any concerns about.

Thanks for any suggestions

NSwift

Originally posted by nswift
We are on the 7nt Magic on the 27th did not buy the Safe Sea as planned. Does anyone know where they sell it in Port Canaveral? Would they have it where the town cars make the grocery stops? My kids and I have experienced jelly fish larvae stings in the past and it is the only thing they have any concerns about.

Thanks for any suggestions

NSwift

I think I read on the boards that they sell it at Ron Jon's Surf Shop. :)

can remember the site I ordered it from, but if u do a "google"
search for seasafe, you will find it....I got 3 bottles for around $25

You can order it from www.lifestylesdirect.com. The bottles cost $9.95 ea. They have several spf ratings also. Just be aware the the bottles that have the spf30 rating have all come in with exp dates of 1/04.

I'm sure they have overnite, express shiping.

Good luck.

kennyk

OUCH!!
I have no time to order thru snail mail, and the express is an extra $20.OO

nswift

Thanks KennyK, just emailed you :-)

NSwift :cutie:

nswift,

I sent you a response,

Your very welcome. Have a great trip.

Kennyk

Ron Jon in Orlando doesn't carry it, so I am going to call the store in Cocoa Beach tomorrow and see if it is something they keep in stock. If that is the case, then we'll just leave early and pick up a bottle on our way to the port the day of our cruise.

Someone said Walgreens carries it, but when asked, they told me to go on the web and check a store that was near the beach since they don't have that item inland.

Hopefully we'll find it somewhere!

Just incase you cant get some before you get on the ship... I saw some at a surf /souvenir shop in St Thomas that was in that little strip type mall right next to the port. The shop was across the parking lot from Cold Stones creamery. You wont have it for St Marteen, but you'll have it in time for CC.

Nadja,

I sent you an PM email, please let me know what you think.

Kennyk

BoardwalkBabe- any word from the store in Cocoa Beach? I would prefer to just purchase it there, if they stock it.

Is it really necessary? I mean do all seasoned cruisers use it? We've never had any and I wonder if we were just that lucky not to have been stung???

I have never used it nor needed it but from what I understand, sea lice are seasonal. I have cruised in late April/early May and November and neither time was it a problem. I am curious to know when it is necessary.

My family and I have been stung on 3 occasions: Once in Corpus Christi, Texas, in Virginia Beach, Beach, and Charleston, SC.
Now, we have swam all over the world on beaches without being stung. But I certainly wish I had known about SafeSea those 3 times. Actually, it is more important to me to have it this time, as our time in the water is so limited.
The way I figure it, why not take precautions even if I find it is un-
necessary. Esp as my kids are older and remember it!
IMHO

Nswift
:bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc

A friendly DISer came to the rescue. Thank you KennyK!!
NSwift:crazy: :wave: ::yes:: :wave:

I bought mine at Ron Jons before our May 2002 cruise. It wasn't in an obvious place, but they finally found it for me.

tkd lisa- thanks for the 411!! Do you recall the cost at the Ron Jon Store?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter