OKAY convince me to....

yasuern

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/" targ
Attempt to get an AKV 2 bdrm savanna view or keep our OKW 2bdrm HH:confused3

We love OKW have stayed there many times and the larger/roomier units are a plus.

But

This trip we have decided to take our nephew(8y/o) who LOVES animals and its his first trip to WDW plus DD 14y/o has mentioned she would like to stay "someday" at AKL

But

DH and I really love OKW - Guess I want folks who have a view either way to chime in:confused3

TYIA

Sue

Well, last month we did both...AKV 2 bedroom savanna view for a week and OKW for a week. When we were at AKV we loved the animals and the embiance, but we missed the OKW convenience and room size.

The size of OKW is a definite plus....but I think I would switch to AKV. While I love OKW and have stayed many times, I like the "resort" feel more than the "condo" feel, YKWIM? I think the kids will like AKV more as compared to OKW too.

I can only talk about AKV, never have stayed at OKW. However, does it compare at all to SSR? If so, we like AKV much better.

AKV has a really neat ambience to the whole resort. It is just too cool to look out (whether from your room or a public viewing area) and see animals that are not native to our country freely roaming around.

The theming is also excellent. AKV seems to me to be much cozier than OKW (it is a lot smaller isn't it?).

I say if you haven't ever stayed there and you have stayed at OKW many times, go for it. It is always fun to try a new place. You can always go back to OKW next time or maybe try somewhere else. My goal is to stay on every resort/villa on property at least for one night (the resorts are going to be harder now that we are DVC).

No matter what you decide, the kids will still have fun!

I can only talk about AKV, never have stayed at OKW. However, does it compare at all to SSR? If so, we like AKV much better.

AKV has a really neat ambience to the whole resort. It is just too cool to look out (whether from your room or a public viewing area) and see animals that are not native to our country freely roaming around.

The theming is also excellent. AKV seems to me to be much cozier than OKW (it is a lot smaller isn't it?).

I say if you haven't ever stayed there and you have stayed at OKW many times, go for it. It is always fun to try a new place. You can always go back to OKW next time or maybe try somewhere else. My goal is to stay on every resort/villa on property at least for one night (the resorts are going to be harder now that we are DVC).

No matter what you decide, the kids will still have fun!

OKW is NOTHING like SSR! We found the 2 bedroom in Jambo house at AKV to be extremely inconvenient on the kitchen and bathroom levels. LOVED the savanna and the animals and the embiance, but with the housekeeping issues and the inconvenience, we were very happy to get back to OKW for the rest of our trip.

Oh, and I'm the opposite....LOVE the condo feel over the hotel feel.

Thanks for info from those who responded:goodvibes

I wuold still like more input - but now :confused: since many are reporting BLT being available in August I have now ?ed this resort:upsidedow - Will ALL the construction be completed? the pool? I am SOOO unable to decide:eek:

We want this trip to be very memorable because it's Dnephews 1st trip and its our 1st trip back in almost 2 years because I was diagnosed w/leukemia and had a BMT(thank GOD at this time I am in remission)

I have NEVER been so undecided in planning our trips.

OKay any comments greatly appreciated:goodvibes

Sue

I would ABSOLUTELY choose BLT over any other resort. Can't wait to stay there, be on the monorail, and close to all the MK action! :cool1:

When are you going? Is this the 5 month trip in your signature? If so, you could get a 2br at Kidani, which is larger, and has an additional bathroom over what is in Jambo. If it is just 4 people (I'm not sure from looking at your original post), I wouldn't think the smaller villa versus OKW would be that noticeable -- however, if you have a full house, you might be wishing for the larger OKW villas!

For my personal opinion, I'd go for AKV. In fact, we have a 2br booked at Kidani in July for 7 adults. :thumbsup2

I agree with the last poster! Book Kidani so you have the extra bathroom. You WILL notice the difference in space....It's BIG difference, but the animals make up for it, and it sounds like the kids would really like that.

We like it too, it's just that we found the inconveniences when we were there with guests to be a problem. We didn't mind as much when it was just the two of us in a 1 bedroom.

I have an 8 year old son and although he LOVED OKW when we stayed there in November, he loves AKL more - for the animals and the "cool" theme. It's just so different compared to other hotels.

We also plan to use Simba Club the next time we go - I don't think OKW has a kids' club.

If it wasn't for your nephew, I personally like OKW: relaxed, golf, close to DTD, etc, etc....

Let us know what you decide.

Sorry I can't help much, have only stayed at AKV (2 BR) and SSR (studio).

At least no matter where you decide, you will be at WDW!!

I didn't realize OKW was so much bigger than the others. We will have to put it on our list which seems to be much longer than the points I have!!!

I think your original post makes the decision for you. The little one likes animals, and AKV is gorgeous, what can be bad? Is it different than OKW, absolutely, but that's all the more reason to give it a try.

Enjoy your trip!

I absolutely love OKW but sometimes I just have to stay at AKV. The kids and new people we bring with us must be introduced to AKV. I personally don't care for the cramped quarters and the darkness of AKV but the savannah is not to be missed. A split stay would be a great option!

Well we decide to attempt AKV - called MS and....NO availibilty for our dates and unit size (aug 23-28 2bdrm) at Jambo or Kidani Houses so I decided to waitlist it.

Funny but my family decided that BLT was not an option :confused3

So thus far w/waitlisting I am 3 -4 with it coming through but if not I (and family) will be very happy at OKW;)

Thanks for all the input

Sue

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter