Ok now I am scared!

Coloradogrl

Mouseketeer
I was looking around the boards and I found a theard about Destination wedding and people were going off about people how thought Destination wedding were rude, and that was about the nicest thing they were saying! I am now worried about having a custom weddng and people not wanting to come! I am sitting here thinking that maybe I should stick with a intimate weddng and just have a illumantions dessert party and wear a cocktail dress or something I need to call and talk our familys and almost make them promise that they will come!

You know I am in the same boat. Here are my thoughts if they want to come then they will come. That is why sometime in Feb I am sending out a vacation package to all of my family and friends With a save the date RSVP by like July. That way they have about 6 months to think it over and plan and budget and see if it is even possible for there family to come. In a way it is like saying you have 18 months to figuare this out. Then a year from there I am sending out invites for my final number and planning from there.

In my package is going to be hotels on and off disney pices for tickets and other ways that they can save money and such. That way I have almost planned it for them but not really.

I hope this helps :)
Kim

I was planning on sending vacation packets to with STD's in them. When are you going to be sending them and are you using invitation style of packets ie. envolpments? We were thinking about maybe buying our guest 2 day passes into the park as kind of a thank you for coming gift

I have not figaure out everything just yet. I am trying to get a few things figaure out on my end before I wok on the packets. I would love to buy my guess passes but that would kill me right now. When the wedding comes I might get my guess passes. I am also worried about them buying their tickets in advance becasue of the military discounts they can get also some of my family lives in Florida so they can get them cheaper than I can buy them.

Instead of tickets why not give them disney dollars that way they can buy something if they wish :)

I am looking for the prefect paper for my wedding also I will be making them at home as by the time I do the save the date and invites and everything else I am looking at 350 plus dollars and I dont want to waste that amount on this when I can do them just as nice and much cheaper. By trade I print t shirts so I have awesome printers and supplies so i can make them just the way I want :)

It would be really cool to print tee shirts for your guest with your wedding date and names on them

In the beginning of our planning sessions we knew that some people were not going to be able to make it to our wedding. We then talked it over and decided that Disney is our "home" and we honestly didn't consider it a "destination wedding". We couldn't think of anywhere else to have our wedding. As for people saying that a "destination wedding" is rude and inconsiderate, you might want to let them know that they should be HONORED on even being invited to such a Magical Day as your Fairytale wedding in THE MOST HAPPIEST PLACE ON EARTH. If one of my relatives/friends whom ever made that comment about my wedding, I honestly think that it would be better off if they not even come. We understand fully that it's not a cheap trip but we gave our guest 1 year to make financial arrangements to hopefully be there.

That is how I feel but I am just scared I will be stuck with only 8 pl there and a 10,000 min. and 25 hotel rooms :earseek:
But I guess that if we give them over a year and they dont come they probley wouldnt make the trip to colorado any way for our weddingif we had it here!!

Can I ask why you are doing a custom wedding for 8 people. Is there something special that you are looking to do ?

Just nosey !

You will be surprised at how many people will come. I know we were. We only expected 50 people and we are having 104! And you are right..people would have to travel to your wedding in colorado anyway. Giving them a year or more to prepare is a great way to get people to come.
I really do think once people realize they can make a family vacation out of your wedding, you will get people to come.

good luck

No I am scared we will only have 8....thats like my nightmare worst case seniro! We are hoping for about 15-20 pl at the wedding. And I really dont think we will have a problem hitting our 10,000 weekday mim. Espically if we have a morning wedding and brunch/lunch and a evening Illumanations dessert party

It works for us because my fiance is from Texas, I am from NY. If we were to have a wedding in NY the cost would be alot higher not only for the ceremony & reception but the cost of traveling for the guests, airfare hotels etc. Orlando & Disney is a major vacation destination geared towards tourists. I have quite a few relatives that are coming but are not staying in Disney, thats fine by me. My fiance & I are staying 10 days so all we have to book is 15 more nights between the 40 guests. I know my dad/step mom & mom will be staying a week so thats 14 more right there. Airfares are very competitve for Orlando, I just flew from NY To MCO for 59.00 for my planning session. I don't expect anyone to make the trip if they can't afford it. Alot of people are using the good hotel rates to make a vacation out of it. Some of my family are usuing as a reunion because we are all spread out over the country. I sent out Save the date cards with magnets inside just to get a preliminary count. Friday I signed my contract, mailed in the deposit. Out of the 40 invited, I have about 29 yes defn making it. I'm so excited!!!

Coloradogrl said:
No I am scared we will only have 8....thats like my nightmare worst case seniro! We are hoping for about 15-20 pl at the wedding. And I really dont think we will have a problem hitting our 10,000 weekday mim. Espically if we have a morning wedding and brunch/lunch and a evening Illumanations dessert party

We are going the less expensive route too. We have a 9am wedding, 10am prereception, 11-3 reception & an 8pm dessert party!

Our wedding website:
http://www.disneyweddings.go.com/ms/pub/index.jsp?eventId=63275

KT27 said:
We are going the less expensive route too. We have a 9am wedding, 10am prereception, 11-3 reception & an 8pm dessert party!

Our wedding website:
http://www.disneyweddings.go.com/ms/pub/index.jsp?eventId=63275

Where are you having your pre-reception at if you dont mind me asking? What do you think your guest will do in between all the different events? I am looking foward to just sneaking back to the hotel room and relaxing :love2: I also love the idea of changing into a sexier gown for the illumanations party. You dont happen to have any photos of ecopt locatiosn do you? I have a few but there pretty limitied

Coloradogrl said:
Where are you having your pre-reception at if you dont mind me asking? What do you think your guest will do in between all the different events? I am looking foward to just sneaking back to the hotel room and relaxing :love2: I also love the idea of changing into a sexier gown for the illumanations party. You dont happen to have any photos of ecopt locatiosn do you? I have a few but there pretty limitied

Pre-reception is going to be next door to ariel's at Martha's Vineyard its a cozy bar/lounge setting.

I like the afternoon break before the dessert party to relax after a long day, get refreshed & have some quiet time with my new hubby to nap.

Our DP is at Lower UK

http://disneyweddings.go.com/site/wed/cus/rec/location/themepark/index.jsp?styleName=style09

Here are a few pics of Lower UK:
th_WeddingSiteVisit29-16-05017.jpg

th_WeddingSiteVisit29-16-05012.jpg

th_WeddingSiteVisit29-16-05016.jpg

th_WeddingSiteVisit29-16-05015.jpg

th_WeddingSiteVisit29-16-05013.jpg

At your pre-reception are you going to have a "full size" cake and cutting or our you just going to do cocktails? I am having troubles deciding if I want a full size cake or just the dessert reception

Pre-reception is an hour for cocktails mostly, I am doing light drinks since it will be am & we are doing a brunch. Bloody mary's, Mimosa's & a non alcoholic & alcholic punch. The reception will have a cake - a full sized one. For the dessert party we are doing tuxedo strawberries & an assortment of pastries & trifles etc.

just make sure to send info in advance so guests can plan ahead & save, what ever help you can provide to with planning is helpful. our parents offered to pay for the guests room for 3 & 4 nights which has helped alot of guests with airfare costs & i have sent newsletters detailing wedding info & basic group events, traveling info like airline phone numbers, prices, how to get to & from the airport, etc. plus i plan on sending a best of wdw guide in february so they can see what the parks are like & choose which one they want to visit on monday. destination weddings are actually quite popular & common now, alot of guests look forward to the vacation too. were also doing guest welcome bags to say thanks for coming & giving them some goodies inside. theres always going to be someone who cant come but those who really care will be there. check out theknot.com's destination wedding board there is a zillion brides there getting married oot. so dont worry & have your dream wedding day.

best of luck!

In addition to sending information on discounts for the trip, you may also want to consider something I read on one of the few thousand bridal sites and set a date at home for friends and family who could not attend your wedding to gather and look at your pictures, wedding video, maybe even break out your dress once more (since it was sooo expensive and very pretty) and show them all how gorgeous it is. If relatives live out of state, maybe send them a souvenir(sp?).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter