OK, I'm ready to do something, but...

GSRDPM

<font color=blue>You can't help but be a believer!
I am a little overwhelmed by all the info and am not sure how to proceed.

I am planning to take a 7 day trip to WDW in May. I am considering staying at either the POR-FQ or AKL.

I doubt that I will be able to travel back in less than a year, but it seems that the AP has significant benefits in special room rates that might still make it preferable to a 7 day park hopper pass.

If I go this route, I understand that it may be some time before those rates are released (Jan or Feb - can anyone confirm this?), so what should I do?

1. If the AP rate for the AKL (savanah view) is not similar to what is being offered now, I probably won't won't go that route and go for the POR - FQ. My problem is, do I have the luxury of waiting until the AP rates come out before booking the room?

2. It seems as though it would benefit me (considering the length of my stay) to join DISavers. It seems that there are so many choices as to how to book reservations and I am overwhelmed by the choices.

THEREFORE, what I need is someone with experience to consider my situation and advise me (be specific please) as to what I should do.

It is quite humbling to have to ask this way, but I have found so much great information on this board, that I am ovewhelmed and am not sure how to proceed.

Thanks for you patience and understanding!:)

I dont think the savings on an ap rate for a room would be worth the ticket price and the headache of booking.

As i understand it the aprates dont come out until pretty close to the month of discount and theyre on certain hotels. And an AP ticket doesnt get you into any of the waterparks or PI which I highly reccomend you hit.

If you are a member of AAA or the disney club, youre already eligibale for discounted room rates, book anytime.

Get the 5 day hopper plus passes for your trip, which gets you into the major parks 5 days and 3 minor entries, like the water parks. plus they never ever expire, so if you dont use a day you can save it for the next trip no matter how far off it is.

Sounds like the folks at Dreams Unlimited would be able to give you some guidance. We have worked with them several times, and they always find great rates for us.

Also, as previously mentioned, if you are a member of AAA, you will have access to some good rates. However, these rates aren't published until October or November each year, so you have to take a chance on booking in advance. YOu can book any time, then call back and ask to be changed to the AAA rate once it is known.

The AP rates are excellent. We always go for 12 to 15 days, so there is no question that we will get our money's worth out of an annual pass. However, your trip is enough shorter that you are on the cusp, so to speak.

You are asking good questions with no easy answers. Keep at it, I'm sure the Boards and Dreams Unlimited will come through for you.

Janet

You don't need to buy an AP to get an AP rate. You just need the AP at check in. Also at that time of year there are general public codes that you can use. Disavers will rebate you after your trip pending how much your room cost ere.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!