OK ... If you booked a GUARANTEE CABIN ... share the news of what you got!!

Please respond accordingly - your responses will be visible to all!

• Yes - I'm a repeat DCL Castaway Club member

• Booked a 12 Gty - and got a 12 (or same cat as Gty)

• Booked a 12 Gty - and got an 11 (or +1 cat over Gty)

• Booked a 12 Gty - and got a 10 (or +2 cat over Gty)

• Booked a 12 Gty - and got a 9 window (or +3 cat over Gty)

• Booked a 12 Gty - and got an 8 window (or +4 cat over Gty)

• Booked a 12 Gty - and got an 7 veranda (or +5 cat over Gty)

• Booked a 12 Gty - and got a 6 or better (or 6+ cat over Gty)

• OUR assignment was in a GOOD/OK location on the ship

• OUR cabin assigment was in an BAD location on the ship

• Did you book through Disney? YES

• We did NOT book through Disney - we used a TA

Results are only viewable after voting.
Booked a guarantee cat. 11 and got...a cat. 11. Directly under the theater--I guess we'll take ear plugs. :rolleyes:

huey578 said:
Excuse my ignorance..1st time cruiser but what is a Guarantee Cabin?

Check out Post #'s 48, 59, and 61 on this thread. They explain it quite well!

I got our cruise docs yesterday and this morning I decided to check DCL just for the heck of it and we've been upgraded from Cat 12 cabin 2519 to Cat 11 cabin 7563 so we've gone from deck 2 forward to deck 7 midship (and only a short walk to the "secret" deck!!). We were in an oceanview last year on deck 6 and loved it so compared to deck 2 I'm thrilled to be on deck 7!! :cool1: I was thinking of trying to pay for an upgrade at the port but I don't think I'll even bother now. :thumbsup2

Our luggage tags are for 2519 though, but I'm assuming there's no need to worry about misplaced luggage??

We just checked online yesterday and found out that we went from a Cat 12 GTY to a cat 8, room 5006 with a nice window. We booked 3 weeks prior to sailing and there were still lots of room available, so I assume that's why there was an upgrade.

Just got the docs today. :cool1: Booked a GTY 12 and got an 11 on deck 7! (Right near the s-cr-t deck.)

Just found out online tonight, I booked a cat. 12 gty in October 2005 and got a cat. 10 on deck 1. A 300$ savings on the prices back then and a 1000$ savings compared to what I would have to pay today! :cool1:

Ok-we did book late. On Thanksgiving morning for Dec 9th double dip. We were assigned cat 8. We've never cruise Disney before so I had to double check when I saw our cabin #. I'm so excited. Can't believe we got moved up that much. Oh-and deck 5 forward. Should be more convenient and quieter? I hope with a 3 yr and 6month old.

We booked a gty 12 and then were upgraded to a cat. 9. Very pleased and happy and then I checked my reservations last night and saw we had been upgraded to a cat. 7 Navigator's Veranda. Sweet.

We booked a gty 12 and then were upgraded to a cat. 9. Very pleased and happy and then I checked my reservations last night and saw we had been upgraded to a cat. 7 Navigator's Veranda. Sweet.

You mean you went from Cat. 12 to a Cat. 7?

That's great! I think you're very lucky! I don't think that happens very often, maybe I'm wrong...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter