Ok I’ve done it and booked for 2022

Czardas

Mouseketeer
Enough of waiting, I’ve actually taken the leap and booked. Got a DVC booking at The Grand Californian for next April. (I have had a credit from 2020, that expires in September 22). i definitely have my fingers crossed and hoping that we can finally return next year.

Who else is going to take the plunge and start planning?

Enough of waiting, I’ve actually taken the leap and booked. Got a DVC booking at The Grand Californian for next April. (I have had a credit from 2020, that expires in September 22). i definitely have my fingers crossed and hoping that we can finally return next year.

Good for you! As long as everything is refundable, what do you have to lose?

I'm starting "planning"... but that currently consists of deciding whether I want to go to Disneyland for a 5th time, or head to Tokyo instead. Decisions decisions.

That's exciting!! Fingers crossed it goes to plan for you! 🤞(tbh I've been insanely optimistic that we can travel come Jan 2022 so I'm like 99% sure you'll have an awesome trip)

I've always been quietly planning a return to WDW next year, originally wanted to book February but everything was uncertain right up until now, but if they announced tomorrow that free-for-all travel is back (hypothetically), I'm making a beeline to all my booking sites

Otherwise late Nov is the back up plan, but that just gives me more time to be indecisive on which resort to choose!

I've been reluctant to book anything, because I've been concerned about not getting park reservations. I haven't really been following. Are these park reservations hard to get, and are they expected to hang around long?

I've been reluctant to book anything, because I've been concerned about not getting park reservations. I haven't really been following. Are these park reservations hard to get, and are they expected to hang around long?
From what I've heard and seen, the caps have been lifted and there isn't really an issue reserving a park these days, aside from maybe on the day to park hop or something. I reckon by the time we get to go it might not even be needed, fingers crossed anyway!

Yes, I think you're right.

The other key thing for me will be EMH returning.

As an early riser - that hour in the parks is my favourite part of the day.

I just saw this morning that they're letting resort guests get 30min early entry, which feels like crumbs but it's across all parks everyday which maybe isn't too bad! (or at least better than nothing at this stage lol)
Will be interesting to see how that plays out and with Genie+ in the works

I can’t wait to see what Genie plus does to ride experiences. I’m more than happy to pay extra to get on the rides we want. We don’t travel all this way, to take chances on boarding groups.

I can’t wait to see what Genie plus does to ride experiences. I’m more than happy to pay extra to get on the rides we want. We don’t travel all this way, to take chances on boarding groups.
Agreed! Tbh I was a bit miffed when the news first came out (anytime they take away anything that used to be free is a bummer lol), but I do hope that the new system does improve the overall experience so I'll pay extra

The one benefit I'm looking forward to is not having to plan fastpasses over a month before actually arriving, I enjoy planning but even that was a bit much. At least this way there's a bit more spontaneity for us without worrying about booking rides weeks ahead

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter