Ohana

princessap

DIS Veteran
just wondering if I should give up searching for Ohana or if it ever does become available after the 180 day. We had it and then moved our dates so now won't work for the date we have. We didn't have a great experience years ago but staying at poly and thought we should try it again. Have it on both dining reservation sites as well but not one notification

People do cancel all the time. The key dates will be at 60 days, 45 days, 30 days and night before. Between 180 and 60, the movement is minor.

Thanks. It's for July so that's why I am wondering if it will be next to impossible
Still time for movement. Depends on what July dates. If they include 7/4, that will be a harder stretch. Summer has a lot of off-site, so the 30-day mark will be significant.

I was able to book one date for our week in July ( 14-23rd) and then move it to another date and time that worked better because it became available. Just keep checking, I am sure something will become available. :)

Still time for movement. Depends on what July dates. If they include 7/4, that will be a harder stretch. Summer has a lot of off-site, so the 30-day mark will be significant.

what do you mean about the 30 day mark? have never heard this for dining before

what do you mean about the 30 day mark? have never heard this for dining before

I think they're looking at the 30-day mark for non-resort guests to book FP+. I guess that can have some indirect effect on guest traffic and could result in some slots opening up.

Meanwhile, a live look-in at the Ohana dinner crowd waiting for their name to be called:

saigon647a.jpg

As people book FP+ and hours change, they change their ADRs. The common milestones are 60-45 (package payoff)-30.

just wondering if I should give up searching for Ohana or if it ever does become available after the 180 day. We had it and then moved our dates so now won't work for the date we have. We didn't have a great experience years ago but staying at poly and thought we should try it again. Have it on both dining reservation sites as well but not one notification

I would try touringplans reservation finder but just keep checking! I have been checking for Ohana 2-3 times a day for a month or so now and I finally got one for my september trip! Best of luck!

Best bet would be something later than 9pm. Those seem to come up pretty often.

Are you subscribed to the July cancel thread? A few 'ohana reservations were cancelled this week

I would do what some others have said.

1. Watch cancellation thread
2. Use touring plans reservation finder
3. Be patient. I have gone in September and May and both times I saw available reservations open up while I was there.

It's definitely one of the harder ones to get. I decided to go ahead and try it this year and was lucky enough to get an early one, b/c I have heard they get backed up quickly!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter